Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firespire wrote: »
    On Tripadvisor there are photos of Breakfast at Cherry Tree House Hotel, there is certainly Pineapple and some fruits available and something in the bowl above ice.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186332-d2105654-Reviews-Cherry_Tree_House_Hotel-Blackpool_Lancashire_England.html

Yes they do, I stayed there last October and really enjoyed it although we paid more than £50 !! We didn't meet the owners as they were filming Four in a Bed but I have to say the beds/duvets were the comfiest we have ever had.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarreth68 wrote: »
    *Cough cough* erm, excuse me - mind if I sidle in for a bit? It's ok, I'll stand in the corner quietly. It's just that I seem to have got very, very lost...

Having gone into mourning after the last Coach Trip I sort of abandoned DS for a bit and never realised this thread was here and that most of the nice people from that thread watched fiab and that they would be here on the thread that I didn't know about, not that I posted much on the other thread cos it got a bit shouty sometimes... And anyway, awfully embarrassed at the interruption....:o

But, for what it's worth I really don't like the north/south thing this week, nor the inverse snobbery that seems to be kicking off re bridge & tennis matches. For a start there's no one northern on this week... It would take me 2/3 hours to drive south to their places :p

Anyway, I'll just go back to my corner - will there be a buffet at any point?

Hello jarreth! Glad you found this thread.:)

Yes the theme is definitely North/South or as they hope Chalk and Cheese. Mmm...yes a buffet sounds tempting sometime soon.

There's always wine about!;):)
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    ... my "j" is jarrett and you don't meet that many of us...

I used to know someone with that surname, long time ago though :)
    Chihiro94 wrote: »
    Eta: This whole divide thing is really starting to grate.
    Hello Chihiro, they do seem to flog things to death sometimes don't they, this is just one more example.
    spendleb wrote: »
    Yes they do, I stayed there last October and really enjoyed it although we paid more than £50 !! We didn't meet the owners as they were filming Four in a Bed but I have to say the beds/duvets were the comfiest we have ever had.
    Hiya - now that's the kind of feedback people need to hear :)
    jamtamara wrote: »
    There's always wine about!;):)
    ...but how much depends who gets into the first - naming no names or owt :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    ...but how much depends who gets into the first - naming no names or owt :D

That would be nick :D
    Forum Member
    That would be nick :D

Lucky for you BG that you're here and he's not, or he'd probably blame you :D

Going back to the point about places which are essentially private homes who do B&B i.e. not many rooms.
    Do you remember The Old Hall Country House at Madeley, Staffs, with Simon and his friend Shirley? they were great fun as I recall?
    Well, I looked it up and I wondered if he'd sold it, but no it says owned by Simon and his partner Gary.
    I remember it because it looked so lovely and yet it wasn't a big operation with lots of staff.
    Well here it is on TA and seems to be doing so very well. Plus the responses are very good e.g. the one very good that makes two constructive criticisms.

That's the way to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Lucky for you BG that you're here and he's not, or he'd probably blame you :D

Thought I'd get in first :p

Welcome to the new posters by the way! Am at work so jumping in and out of here when I can.....will post properly tonight once I get home...
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    People work for money, to earn a living and to pay their way. No-one runs a b&b just for fun. If they did, b&bs would be free. If you don't want to pay £150 to £200 for what they offer then go somewhere else that's more in your price range.

You don't get it.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't get it.

Please enlighten me.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone opens a B&B in a period property with a beautiful location usually indicates they are doing so out of necessity to pay their mortgage or to pay for the upkeep of their enormous homes. It's not out of choice by the comments they make. So why should guests have to fork out £150 to £200 a night just to help these people to keep their homes.

Accommodation is booked and paid for through choice it isn't obligatory!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    jarreth68..do you mind if I ask the origin of your name. I just my "j" is jarrett and you don't meet that many of us..not oop here anyway.( I only taught one family with the same surname in 30 years of teaching).......the father in law being one of those pesky southerners...

Hi Liz! Actually, it's nothing to do with my real name - it's a characters name from an old film, who I may or may not have/do fancy :o

No -I'm not telling you who :p
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Liz! Actually, it's nothing to do with my real name - it's a characters name from an old film, who I may or may not have/do fancy :o

No -I'm not telling you who :p

The Goblin King? :p
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that like Burger King but with extras?
    Forum Member

:o not telling! :o
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o not telling! :o

You remind me of the babe!
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This obese guy is funny, but irritating at the same time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked their parking then
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's called OCD Mrs. There are a lot of people with this complaint on this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the cottage!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    :eek: What a beautiful place ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I'm bored of the north south thing
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Is that like Burger King but with extras?

Hoppy's back, sign you're back ♪

Glad you enjoyed your break, now settle down nicely...

We're off and it's (surprise surprise) the north/south issue again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D The only way I'm going to get through this "North/South divide is to play the drinking game!
    4 glugs of wine down already :eek: and I'm going to extend it to "amazing" and "lovely"

Expect multiple spelling and ramblings as the programme goes on :p

(It is a lovely place though)
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    This bald gay bloke is really irritating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For £90 one couple gets a house practically, where as the girls get just a room?

The short gay one is gonna be stereotypical this week...tut tut
    Forum Member
    You remind me of the babe!

Help! Nuttytigger's taunting me and making me embarrassed! And I'm only new here and all!
This discussion has been closed.