EE mobile phone network. How crap are they?

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its all to do with 4G theyve taken down alot of 2G masts to put 4G in.

So as in most things what they see as progress is often a step backwards for most in service levels.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep my mate in the same town cant get signal in his house. wrang them up to find out why they said he did have 3 masts near his house no theres only one and that is further away andt hat now has to do half the town
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've finally managed to get a response from them, but on Twitter. They want me to DM me my details. Done that, now see what happens. I've asked about reimbursement for poor network coverage. Vodafone did it so why can't they?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough having commented on this thread one of my night receptionists mentioned this problem last night, he said he has gone from full signal to one bar at best now , he spoke to Orange and said that wasn't what he was paying for and said if things didn't improve he would cancel his contract to which they told him he could not or if he did they would charge him for cancellation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's a serious enough problem for it to have been featured on Watchdog this evening! But EE are refusing to admit its a network problem?.... Orange was never perfect but I had a signal most of the time and I could get 3G which actually worked.

My employers were trying to get hold of me today and had to leave a message on the answer service because my phone didn't ring, despite having a signal at the time.:confused:
  • Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had no problems at all with EE, but since I'm in an area which is still a long way from getting 4G on any network that probably explains why.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,419
    Forum Member
    My workplace use Orange/EE for their mobile devices. Coverage can get very ropey in certain areas and often I will lose signal altogether whilst my personal phone on o2 is still fine. What annoys me more though is that if you have a missed call (for example, because you are out of the coverage area!) and the other person leaves you a voicemail - you sometimes don't get the notification come through until several hours later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    My workplace use Orange/EE for their mobile devices. Coverage can get very ropey in certain areas and often I will lose signal altogether whilst my personal phone on o2 is still fine. What annoys me more though is that if you have a missed call (for example, because you are out of the coverage area!) and the other person leaves you a voicemail - you sometimes don't get the notification come through until several hours later.

Yes this is true, and also you sometimes don't get texts till hours later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Mark Smith wrote: »
    I've had no problems at all with EE, but since I'm in an area which is still a long way from getting 4G on any network that probably explains why.

I was reading this thread thinking I must be one of the few lucky ones as mine's fine, but I think it's probably down to what you've just said. I'm in Cornwall so I'll report back in about 10 or 20 years when we're finally gearing up for 4G :p
  • lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kulmar wrote: »
    Excrement Everywhere are jokes I have complained numerous times and have only been given a months free rent, the fact that I have had to start using my old landline number as my phone is useless at home and I can't make calls when on the road as the reception is beyond a joke!! Unfortunately I signed up for 4G in the vain hope it would be better but no it's just as bad if not worse because your paying a premium for a service you can't access. Lol there better be some customer loyalty discounts coming my way or I'm leaving once my contract is up, infact I should be able to break my contract on the grounds that the service I'm paying for isn't being supplied.

I sympathise but I read on another forum that lack of signal isn't a valid reason to ask for the contract to be cancelled, as apparently they can't guarantee that you have signal everywhere.
    I am not with EE anyway and what I said goes for other companies too - at least that's what I read elsewhere and they seemed very knowledgeable.
    I'd probably be wanting to cancel the contract too, and I totally get your frustration.
    Also, I wanted to add that after all if you go in an area with good coverage, you can use the services you're paying for, so that's why they wouldn't accept lack of signal where you live as a reason to cancel.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE/Orange are the worst company that I have ever, ever had to deal with. Absolutely shockingly bad customer 'service', never mind the dreadful coverage. The broadband service is even worse (if at all possible). Took six weeks to sort out a fault on my broadband, hours spent with the tech guys, appointments made for an engineer who never turned up, refusal to admit the problem was with them and not me, \and finally accidentally cutting me off (despite paying by DD), and being unable to reconnect for two weeks. . Then they threw a hissy fit when I changed provider.

Do not go need EE/orange under any circumstances for any service:mad::mad::mad:
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Planet wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with Orange since they became EE, terrible service.

Another "Orange" customer here with the same problem.

Some days I cant even get a call to go through, even with a signal bar showing....I know I am showing my ignorance, but I thought that city users wouldn't be so affected by the loss of a mast or two, as surely they knew the effects of the 4G switchover?....
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite possibly the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I have to nearly hang out of the window at home to make a call, and even then I get constantly cut off, or the person on the other end sounds like a robot.

The shop tells me to phone customer services, and customer services tells me to deal with the shop. :confused:

I was with Orange for three years prior to EE getting involved, and had no trouble at all.

Can't wait for my contract to finish, as I am paying for a service I am not getting. No Service should be their motto - as that is what is always displayed on my phone!

They were so 'helpful' right up until I signed a new contract, but now they do not want to know.

Dreadful company.
  • unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was with Orange from when I got my first phone in 99 up until last year. Orange signal was fine, and when them merged all was fine and I got better signal, but then they became EE and it went to pot, they turned of my local mast, T-Mobile pulled out of northern Ireland which left me no signal, I quickly left. Look at there Facebook page, you'll be hard pressed to find a compliment. https://www.facebook.com/ee?fref=ts They have really gone down hill big time.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    giffgafff for the win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite possibly the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I have to nearly hang out of the window at home to make a call, and even then I get constantly cut off, or the person on the other end sounds like a robot.

The shop tells me to phone customer services, and customer services tells me to deal with the shop. :confused:

I was with Orange for three years prior to EE getting involved, and had no trouble at all.

Can't wait for my contract to finish, as I am paying for a service I am not getting. No Service should be their motto - as that is what is always displayed on my phone!

They were so 'helpful' right up until I signed a new contract, but now they do not want to know.

Dreadful company.

This is exactly what they told me as well. That's when I could actually find a member of staff, I was stood in the shop for about ten minutes before I was approached by someone. It used to be that you'd be pounced on by a member of staff as soon as you walked on mobile phone shops.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was with Orange for years, never had any problems with them, and when they merged with T-mobile the signal was even better. However since they became EE (which apparently stands for "Everything Everywhere", lol) the service has become appalling. It's almost impossible for me to get a decent signal coverage in my house, even in my garden and more often than not I simply get "No Service". The only time I ever get full signal and 3G is in town, standing outside the EE shop!

It's a nightmare because no one can get hold of me a lot of the time, and my employers always tend to phone me on my mobile instead of my landline.

Why is this company so completely shit, and why are they doing nothing about it? I know I'm not the only person experiencing problems with them, it looks like most of their customers are. I'm now about to phone their customer services to give them a piece of my mind and tell them I am moving over to Vodafone ASAP.

Another one here who thinks EE is absolute crap. I can't get a signal anywhere in my house, whereas I did 90% of the time with Orange. EE should change their name to NE, standing for Nothing Everywhere.

Incidentally, I've heard nothing of Ben for a very, very long time. What's he up to nowadays, do you know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly what they told me as well. That's when I could actually find a member of staff, I was stood in the shop for about ten minutes before I was approached by someone. It used to be that you'd be pounced on by a member of staff as soon as you walked on mobile phone shops.

Yes, the same happens to me. They frustrate me so much, I invariably end up walking out.

I am counting down the days until my contract ends with EE, but unfortunately that's not until March 2015. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one here who thinks EE is absolute crap. I can't get a signal anywhere in my house, whereas I did 90% of the time with Orange. EE should change their name to NE, standing for Nothing Everywhere.

Incidentally, I've heard nothing of Ben for a very, very long time. What's he up to nowadays, do you know?

I heard Ben the other night on BBC Radio London. He was doing the news review. :)
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been with T-Mobile for years and it was back in May/June when i started to lose my signal every afternoon when I was at work. I missed calls, texts were delayed by hours.

I put up with it for a while but then phoned up EE who said there were no network problems.

I now have to use 2G because the 3G signal is so unreliable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Ben the other night on BBC Radio London. He was doing the news review. :)

Aahhh, bless him.;)
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lived here for 17 years, could get a strong signal on my T- Mobile phone anywhere in the house, for the last couple of months we barely get a signal unless we are in the front or back gardens :(
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,419
    Forum Member
    > EverythingEverywhere
    >
    lem ramsay wrote: »
    apparently they can't guarantee that you have signal everywhere.

ಠ_ಠ
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of the Orange masts are being decommissioned hence coverage issues.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been having intermittent data problems recently on 3G. Handset used to usually show 3G symbol. Recently it is H and H+, sometimes 3G, then it is sometimes nothing and I can be hours without any data connection. Tweeted T-Mob who asked for full postcode, then replied no problems in the area. Have ensured settings are right and even gone as far as flashing my handset to be certain. It's definitely their network, friends are having problems too.