Characters you started off hating but now love

2»

Comments

• srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Dunno about love, but I've gone from hate to like.

Robbie Roscoe
    Rob Donovan
    Robbie Lawson
    Grace Black
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitzeee Minniver and Brendan Brady.
  • VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor Royal! Hated him in Jaqcui's exit but stated to like him around the time Clare returned from prison.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with many on here. I thought Grace was a vile person at first but she's softened a lot and become likeable. Like the fact Trevor isnt the stereotypical hard man but has his flower shop and is a real softie underneath. Love these two as a couple now.
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Myra (HO) - Thought she was a good character in her first stint but ever since she has returned she has been on of my most disliked characters, the way she worships Theresa like she's a god and the way she chose her over her own daughters really pissed me off.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth in Corrie has grown on me.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders - Stacey Slater, Ben Mitchell, Lola Pearce
    Coronation Street - Carla Connor
    Emmerdale - Charity Tate, Debbie Dingle, Ross Barton
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva the diva corrie
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie Roscoe (Hollyoaks) - I initially despised him for being homophobic, bullying JP and generally being a troublemaker but after he found out about the rape, apologised and turned over a new leaf I began to like him.

Tony Gordon (Corrie) - While he was fascinating to watch, I disliked him until he confessed to Carla and she left him. I softened towards him when he showed guilt and remorse over having Liam killed and fell in love with Maria.

Linda Carter (EE) - I initially disliked her but softened towards her after she accepted Johnny's sexuality. Now I really like her.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grace Black... Absolutely loathed her but she was one of my favourites before I stopped watching. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stan Carter
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Grace and Trevor, they are now my favourite HO pairing. I actually like Grace so much that I don't miss Claire anymore.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    Have to agree with many on here. I thought Grace was a vile person at first but she's softened a lot and become likeable. Like the fact Trevor isnt the stereotypical hard man but has his flower shop and is a real softie underneath. Love these two as a couple now.

I agree. I really like Grace now. I couldnt bear her at the start as I thought she was Clare 2.0

I also love Linda Carter now and although I didn't hate her, I really was irritated by her. Also I loathed Shirley over the last few years but I really like her now as well
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I hated Corrie's Eva along with the rest of her screen family!! She was nothing but a whining self-centred bimbo, but getting with Jason & behind the Rover's bar has been the making of her as a character!! Also getting shot of the dire Stella helped, as she tended to drag down any scene she was in to me!! Eva is now one of my fave characters & I even think of her as a part successor to the wonderful Raquel Wolstenholme!!
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grace also, hated her to begin with although I always felt that Tamara Wall was a good actress, now I think she's one of HO's best characters
  • lukey05lukey05 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    EE: Stan carter, Nick cotton, Sharon.
    HO: Trevor royal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les Coker
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I used to dislike Dan in Emmerdale when he first turned up in the village. I expected him to be a horrible ex but he's really grown on me. I love him now. Also I like Kerry a lot more than I did at first. Putting them together was a great idea.