• Options
    catakincatakin Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Frankie or Simon to win.
  • Options
    dreamer57dreamer57 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love Caroline to win, but I think that Frankie has a larger fan base (also she's never been in the dance-off)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I like all of them now Mr Potato Head has left, but I think Caroline will probably win.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that one of the girls will win (hard to call which one as the vote in the final is often different due to once-only voters and ex-XFactor viewers).

But I would love for Simon to win.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    I'd like Pasha & Caroline to win but I think Kevin & Frankie will do it.
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want one of the boys to win they are novices to dance and have had a true journey which it surely should be in a dance competition like SCD.

I really don't want Kevin and Frankie to win mainly due to the fact that Kevin wil be unbearable next year if he returns to the show, his dancing is far too manic and wild and he is way OTT.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    The Final has been won in recent years - IMHO - by the X-factor viewers who have no show to watch so watch Strictly for the first time.
    They have no idea what they are watching so just vote for the celeb that most appeals to them.

Tweens vote in large numbers, which you can see in the profiles of the latter series of Big Brother on C4, when you just got hunky young male boyband types or sweet girlies as winners.

That fits the profile of every Strictly winner since Kara, although in some years they have also been the best dancer (Harry, Louis etc)

Tweenies thought process ...

Frankie - she is like so perfect she is pop star and a mum and married to a footballer, I love her so much she is like, my hero, i want to be like her so much

Caroline - it says she is a TV presenter but I've never seen her in anything. It says she hosted X-tra factor but I don't remember her doing it, I thought the current presenters had always done it

Simon - never heard of him - was he in some band in 60's or something - he's like SOOO old

Mark - he goes out with that one who was Tina from Corrie. Whatever happened to her ? I used to like her. It says he was in Towie, but that cant be right or he would still be in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    The Final has been won in recent years - IMHO - by the X-factor viewers who have no show to watch so watch Strictly for the first time.
    They have no idea what they are watching so just vote for the celeb that most appeals to them.

Tweens vote in large numbers, which you can see in the profiles of the latter series of Big Brother on C4, when you just got hunky young male boyband types or sweet girlies as winners.

That fits the profile of every Strictly winner since Kara, although in some years they have also been the best dancer (Harry, Louis etc)

Frankie - she is like so perfect she is pop star and a mum and married to a footballer, I love her so much she is like, my hero, i want to be like her so much

Caroline - it says she is a TV presenter but I've never seen her in anything. It says she hosted X-tra factor but I don't remember her doing it, I thought the current presenters had always done it

Simon - never heard of him - was he in some band in 60's or something - he's like SOOO old

Mark - he goes out with that one who was Tina from Corrie. Whatever happened to her ? I used to like her. It says he was in Towie, but that cant be right or he would still be in it.

Brilliant summing up. Extremely funny, but the sad thing is you are probably right. In future, they should run the Strictly Final in conjunction with the X-Factor Final to stop this happening.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of want Simon to win, but I believe it's down to the girls.
    I think in that case it will be how they dance on the night, I think Frankie may edge it if say she does defying gravity and America paso and a great show dance.
    I really think it may be won or lost on the finals performances and not on just fans of either one of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »

BIB- Just because you don't remember Caroline presenting Xtra Factor doesn't mean she didn't. She presented it for two years with Olly Murs(and it's not been the same since) and one year with Matt Richardson. She's also presented plenty besides that.
  • Options
    Debz_LynnDebz_Lynn Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I want Caroline or Simon (I will decide based on scores on the night, especially the freestyle/showdance). I fear Frankie may have it, despite having weak footwork at times, and lack of consistency across dances (eg hesitation in the salsa). As long as The Final is fun to watch and Mark doesn't win, I'll be a pretty happy chappy though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    BIB- Just because you don't remember Caroline presenting Xtra Factor doesn't mean she didn't. She presented it for two years with Olly Murs(and it's not been the same since) and one year with Matt Richardson. She's also presented plenty besides that.

Are you for real and have you actually read the post properly?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Caroline but would quite like Mark as a complete novice with no dancing or singing background and a lovely professional partner too, in Karen too!
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing her present the 'I'm a Celebrity' xtra programme a few years back. I remember her laugh .. and her legs :D So jealous :blush:
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Caroline will win, but it could all come down to the show dance. More people vote in the final, so it's harder to call.

The problem is there's nothing to stop the pros making every dance almost like a show dance by choreographing routines with more style than substance. Now I'd say Karen is the one who will do that and that makes her and Mark the danger for the other three couples. The other three pros don't usually do it, but maybe they will this year to improve their chances. Then again, Len finally tackled the issue by singling Karen out this weekend. Now will she tow the line in the final where Len and the other judges have no real power, or will she carry on as usual to improve her chances of winning with Mark?

It will be interesting to see.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't a clue who will win and really have no idea how public are voting, have just read x factor voting stats (released immediately after show) and really opened my eyes that you cannot judge who is popular with the vote I thought Andreas was winning vote every week followed by Fleur but since October Ben has won it every week and so was not the shock winner I thought him to be - so what we all think with SCD could be well out

http://www.itv.com/xfactor/vote/xfactor-voting-percentages-final-2014
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    The very annoying Frankie.

She'll be a better winner than Caroline though, who's had years of proper dance training and even been in another dancing reality show.

Hope one of the boys win.

How is Frankie annoying?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I'm going Frankie because I think she must have a really strong public vote, combined with a reasonable chance of getting the highest marks from the judges. Also think she's not really got people who actively don't like her, so she shouldn't mobilise too much of an anti-vote. I'd like Simon to win personally, but I don't think there are enough people who think the same to vote him through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Chris1347 wrote: »
    Think Caroline but would quite like Mark as a complete novice with no dancing or singing background and a lovely professional partner too, in Karen too!

Does singing affect dance ability? :confused:
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My head says Frankie will win - her millions of twitter followers and the millions also The Saturdays account won't count for nothing.

My heart says anyone but Frankie.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dander wrote: »
    Does singing affect dance ability? :confused:

Singing ability and training is often an indicator of good musicality, which is essential for dancing.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    houdi wrote: »
    Brilliant summing up. Extremely funny, but the sad thing is you are probably right. In future, they should run the Strictly Final in conjunction with the X-Factor Final to stop this happening.

My thought would be to include all the public votes cast throughout the series for the finalists, then add the votes in the final on top.
    That way the votes by viewers who have watched the whole series would count for more than a load of sulky Tweens who are missing X factor.