Options

It was quite a bad series yet the tour might be one of the best?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
Forum Member
Anyone else think that as a series, this year really fell flat - bad snog choices, bad judging, repetitive etc.

Yet ironically the bunch of finalists they ended up with was actually quite a good, interesting mix (with the exception of Kye Sones) and the idea of seeing many of them in one concert actually sounds quite good this year. If only MK1 were on the bill.

Comments

• Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Ticket sales will determine whether it was a success or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since they only sing songs that they have sung on the show by all accounts I can't see how the tour will be better if bad song choices is one of your beefs.

Unfortunately I think the personalities of the cast of this year's show were drowned in a few sob stories that were ramped up week on week.

In my view, none of them have the charisma (if that's what the X Factor is) to carry a number in a stadium tour. I'm not a fan but it will all fall horribly flat around Rylan. It may as well be his tour with support acts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    The thing I don't get is that everyone says this year was a failure due to the ratings; and yet are completely ignoring that the winners single is doing extremely well this year. It seems to be the same people who are saying that it's no longer a singing competition, and yet if the single is doing well, and the winner is generally liked, then the year was good surely?

In regards to the tour, I think 2008 and 2010 were better, though there are a few brilliant acts on there :)
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McStoner wrote: »
    The thing I don't get is that everyone says this year was a failure due to the ratings; and yet are completely ignoring that the winners single is doing extremely well this year. It seems to be the same people who are saying that it's no longer a singing competition, and yet if the single is doing well, and the winner is generally liked, then the year was good surely?

In regards to the tour, I think 2008 and 2010 were better, though there are a few brilliant acts on there :)

there's 2 types of people watch the show, those who tune in for Sat even entertainment and those hoping for the possibility a decent singer /act will turn up. The lost viewers seem to be from the first camp...which isn't surprising cos the show was dreadful entertainment.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so too.

Birmingham venue have added another date in because the other two were a sellout.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the prices, from £38?

Cheaper to see Ne-Yo, The Script, Olly Murs, We Will Rock You and just about everything else established at my local venue.

Think I'll pass!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a 2nd date has been added in Dublin because of demand,so I think it will do well