Options

Who else is sick of football?

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
Who else is out there, like me, who's sick to the back teeth of it.

It's everywhere. Often football news comes before REAL news headlines.

Just knock it on the head, will ya.

Me? I much prefer a bit of cricket. ;)

By the way, I'm also fed up of seeing David Beckham with that banana stuffed down his knickers. :eek:

He doesn't fool anybody with that trick. Ha ha.:p:D

Comments

• Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool story bro.
    By the way the football season has just finished so you might get your wish...... till August :D
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    chuck the tv out and don`t read the papers, works for me:p
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chuck the tv out and don`t read the papers, works for me:p

Yeah, or bury my head in the sand. Not good for the breathing though.

shackfan wrote: »
    Cool story bro.
    By the way the football season has just finished so you might get your wish...... till August :D

Yeah, but they STILL talk about it.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool story bro.

Sadly not womens football takes to the BBC airwaves.;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/three-womens-euros.html
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get annoyed at the amount of tv coverage it gets on the main channels.

How come popular programmes get ousted to show a football match between 2 foreign teams when there's plenty of other ITV channels to show it on? Everybody has at least Freeview now so it's not as if people will be missing out.
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Who else is out there, like me, who's sick to the back teeth of it.

It's everywhere. Often football news comes before REAL news headlines.

Just knock it on the head, will ya.

Me? I much prefer a bit of cricket. ;)

By the way, I'm also fed up of seeing David Beckham with that banana stuffed down his knickers. :eek:

He doesn't fool anybody with that trick. Ha ha.:p:D

But cricket can seem faintly daft ....." right were a million runs in front " ....." but its started raining a bit " ...." oh ok, its a draw then ".
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I don't like football, footballers,generally, fans pundits or news about things football related.
    All news stations introduce 'and now the sports news!' - my arse, it's just more football,or footballers, or football fans, or pundits talking about football.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool story bro.

Although there's not as much football this summer as during an "even" year there's still some going on. Some internationals this weekend, the U21 European championships, plenty of women's football and before you know it we'll be into the pre-season friendlies.

Personally, I love football and cricket. It's rugby that I don't quite understand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    But cricket can seem faintly daft ....." right were a million runs in front " ....." but its started raining a bit " ...." oh ok, its a draw then ".
    Well yes.

Love cricket.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love rugby too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »

That's not daft at all. The purpose of cricket isn't just to score more runs that the other side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    I don't like football, footballers,generally, fans pundits or news about things football related.
    All news stations introduce 'and now the sports news!' - my arse, it's just more football,or footballers, or football fans, or pundits talking about football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c

:D:D:D:D:D says it all really.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Football is a relief to the constant supply of soaps and reality tv shoved down our throats every day of the year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    That's not daft at all. The purpose of cricket isn't just to score more runs that the other side.
    It's only daft to those who don't understand it.

I have to say that's most of the world population, but it is about giving the opposition a fair crack of the whip when trying to win.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I hate Football but just do anything and everything I can do to avoid it.

Watching the TV Test Card for a few hours would be more interesting than a watching a game of Football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Football but just do anything and everything I can do to avoid it.

Watching the TV Test Card for a few hours would be more interesting than a watching a game of Football.

Stick to that then, whilst the millions of us that enjoy football watch it.

I refuse to watch soaps, reality tv etc. It's easy enough not to watch what you don't like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I refuse to watch soaps, reality tv etc. It's easy enough not to watch what you don't like.

With me i do not object to football on the box,its just the sheer amount of it,just when you think the season has ended the womens european chapionship pops up..:)
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly not womens football takes to the BBC airwaves.;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/three-womens-euros.html

Oh dear. I love football, but really can't get as excited as the BBC about women's football. They seem to think that we should be as obsessed with it as the men's game. Well that is NEVER going to happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby starts soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With me i do not object to football on the box,its just the sheer amount of it,just when you think the season has ended the womens european chapionship pops up..:)

Is there really that much, apart from on the Sports channels?

I look at the schedules, and see soaps everywhere.

Womens football is not so good to be honest, but in this PC age, we have lots of commentators pretending it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rugby starts soon.

happy days.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How much football is on the main 5 channels compared to soaps, reality TV and other celebrity nonsense?

The women's football will be easy to avoid. Even most football supporters will have no interest in it.
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It pervades throughout the media though, as the OP says. "Just don't watch it" doesn't quite deal with how football obsessed our country is.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick of no domestic football till August,does that count? ;)
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    How much football is on the main 5 channels compared to soaps, reality TV and other celebrity nonsense?

The women's football will be easy to avoid. Even most football supporters will have no interest in it.

There's hardly any football on the terrestrial channels, just the odd International.

Thank goodness for Sky Sports! It's one of my favourite channels.