167891012»

Comments

• Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Why is he the "light" side? He has a degree in physics
    There are many meanings to the word light. There's the one you took. There's the one I used in the context of the comment and there's a third that gave rise to the smiley. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sogo wrote: »
    I find Brian and Dara chalk and cheese.
    Brian clearly wants to share in the joy & wonder of knowledge with anyone, whatever their level of understanding, while Dara has always (since his early days on tv) seemed simply keen to say 'look how much I know'.

I think they are as bad as each other. I think Brian gets upset because he wants to be the 'nations' Physicist :D and not get upstaged by a comedian.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    There are many meanings to the word light. There's the one you took. There's the one I used in the context of the comment and there's a third that gave rise to the smiley. ;-)

All 3 shows were "light" hearted affairs weren't they.

"Northern Light" hearted that is! :)

Beautiful though they undoubtedly were to witness, by the final night I rather wish the green had indeed turned to a "red mist". It would have defined my own frame of mind by that stage.

Previous poster mentioned Radio 4's Infinite Monkey Cage with Brian Cox. Excellent listen and available to podcast to iPod/mp3 player too. I have 5 downloaded and ready to listen over the coming week or two. I also listen to an excellent podcast called Astronomy Cast. Infact there are quite a few delightful astronomy podcasts available to listen to and download for free on iTunes every week, not to mention a vast back catalogue of older ones. To be recommended.
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    If she is going to be the new presenter of the Sky at Night she needs to go to Presenter School first.

I do think a term "space scientist" seems a bit vague, if the show needs a host, it has to be someone who talk about the subject and ask questions at length in some detail.
    I quite enjoyed the sit down part of the show more apart from the robot dog interlude. By next year I guess there be a cookery section added to the show.:D
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Previous poster mentioned Radio 4's Infinite Monkey Cage with Brian Cox. Excellent listen and available to podcast to iPod/mp3 player too.
    But Brian and Robin do seem to riff off each other more easily in that than do Brian and Dara.