Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Cool story

Cool sarcasm.
  • TyrTyr Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The poor man. I assume he must live high on some remote, windswept moor, in the wilds of the Yorkshire Dales, where the nearest supermarket is a ten mile hike through rugged terrain, and that he and his family will now surely starve to death because of this incident....

Oh.... he lives in Dalton, Huddersfield, and will undoubtedly be within walking distance of a supermarket. Yeah, total non-story, total overreaction.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Tyr wrote: »
    The poor man. I assume he must live high on some remote, windswept moor, in the wilds of the Yorkshire Dales, where the nearest supermarket is a ten mile hike through rugged terrain, and that he and his family will now surely starve to death because of this incident....

Oh.... he lives in Dalton, Huddersfield, and will undoubtedly be within walking distance of a supermarket. Yeah, total non-story, total overreaction.

Yep, just looked on Google maps (it's a slow evening... :blush:) - there's a food shop about 400 yards from his road - I'm sure he could have made it there to get some beans, bread and milk if he was that desperate! :confused:

Even better, it's a Tesco express!!! :D
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say an £86 shop was a very limited budget.

dole is paid fortnightly so the chances are that this was two weeks worth of shopping for a family, £43 for a weeks worth of food isn`t very much at all and that`s assuming he bought no cleaning products or toiletries - you`re looking at about a fiver just for a box or washing powder for example.
    Forum Member
    this thread puts me in mind of the few politicians who`ve taken a challenge to live on the dole for a little while and have gone into it cocky about it being a life of rileyand come out before time because they couldn`t hack it.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dole is paid fortnightly so the chances are that this was two weeks worth of shopping for a family, £43 for a weeks worth of food isn`t very much at all and that`s assuming he bought no cleaning products or toiletries - you`re looking at about a fiver just for a box or washing powder for example.
    this thread puts me in mind of the few politicians who`ve taken a challenge to live on the dole for a little while and have gone into it cocky about it being a life of rileyand come out before time because they couldn`t hack it.

no... this is about a person who could easily got around his "problem" in any number of ways but chose the most pathetic way. The clues are in the "story", he made another shop with another supermarket before the tesco refund cleared, so obviously not living hand to mouth as first claimed.^_^
    Also, the examiner is a paid for paper (60p :o a day) If it was the weekly free paper that was killed off years ago, i would let it go. THIS IS NOT NEWS!!!!!!
    It was a minor inconvience that was resolved with a refund and an apology. But certain people want MUCH more. The complainant for one, and Anette Curtain for two, who obviously hopes the same will happen to them for a massive payday!!
    Forum Member
    no... this is about a person who could easily got around his "problem" in any number of ways but chose the most pathetic way. The clues are in the "story", he made another shop with another supermarket before the tesco refund cleared, so obviously not living hand to mouth as first claimed.^_^
    Also, the examiner is a paid for paper (60p :o a day) If it was the weekly free paper that was killed off years ago, i would let it go. THIS IS NOT NEWS!!!!!!
    It was a minor inconvience that was resolved with a refund and an apology. But certain people want MUCH more. The complainant for one, and Anette Curtain for two, who obviously hopes the same will happen to them for a massive payday!!

who is "anette curtain?

you should stick to reading the words rather than trying to look for some kind of bizarre hidden motive and posting drivel about something you have no clue about.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only he knows where he got the money from, perhaps borrowed it until his refund came through?

"Anette Curtain" - do you personally know them?
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If money's that tight he should sell that media centre and just get a shit PC instead
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been let down by a failed delivery time, but it was ASDA. I've always found Tesco very reliable as far as deliveries are concerned.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I've been let down by a failed delivery time, but it was ASDA. I've always found Tesco very reliable as far as deliveries are concerned.

I would just get in the car and go to the shop, I love having a wander around
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Tyr wrote: »

Oh.... he lives in Dalton, and will undoubtedly be within walking distance of a supermarket. Yeah, total non-story, total overreaction.

Plus there is a frequent bus service too which also runs on Sundays until 11pm (services 370 and 371 provided by both Streamline and First), so hardly an excuse for the bloke not to hop on to the bus and into town. Luckily enough for me I only have to leg it down the hill into town and there is a Lidl and a CoOp, if I require a Morrisons I jump onto the 335 to Meltham.

If I'm right, the driver that went home could well have been a mate of mine as the Tesco. com delivery service comes from Batley of which my mate works there on the delivery side (use to do warehouse at one time) so I wouldn't be too suprised if it was him, lazy sod.