Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers!

1135136137138139141»

Comments

• elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you've gotta think that abil nasir is one step ahead here. it's obvious he threw brody a red herring, or perhaps brody is still brainwashed after all and decided to throw the cia a red herring. foiling that "attack" was just too easy, and presumably was intended to mask the real one.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    One thing about this show is the women shag different men but never end up preggy. I guess both Brody and Mike had the snip or the women use morning after pills.

Still no explanation of how Nazir entered the country and I guess Quinn's kid will be another pointless sub-plot like hit and run.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was obviously never going to be Nasir driving and am puzzled why he'd need to be in US as surely his cell could operate without his physical presence. Perhaps there is a secondary move on the VP by Nasir himself, having known how Brody would get things to play out. We'll see.

However, can't believe the producers can drag out the adulterous relationships and hope they conclude the situation soon as it's poorly thought out and to be honest can't put up with the worst interaction between Carrie and Brody. Almost want to turn over as it is unnecessary with the power over him firmly established and threat of exposure enough, despite his breakdown last week. And Jess screwing whilst the kids sleep in an unfamiliar home with emotional turmoil and worry as to what their Dad is doing. For her to creep back unnoticed, yeah right!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing about this show is the women shag different men but never end up preggy. I guess both Brody and Mike had the snip or the women use morning after pills.

Perhaps they are on the pill?

Perhaps they had condoms with them?

Does it really matter? Are you this picky when female characters in other TV series have sex?
    Still no explanation of how Nazir entered the country and I guess Quinn's kid will be another pointless sub-plot like hit and run.

The "pointless subplot" regarding Quinn's kid has led to Saul finding out that Quinn is not an analyst, and is working for some infamous black ops guy.

The "pointless subplot" regarding the hit and run directly contributed to Brody unravelling even more, causing his deal with the CIA to almost fall apart, causing him to tell Roya it was over, causing Carrie to "shag him back on track", causing Roya to take him off in the helicopter to meet Nazir and make sure that he was truly committed to his mission. It's also still hanging over everything, waiting to screw things up...
  • GortGort Posts: 7,460
    Forum Member

Contraception via the pill, that kind of thing? Not sure why that's too hard to consider as an explanation. Maybe some are still stuck in the fifties. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT. SORRY! Wrong thread!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Thanks for explaining. I'm still a bit confused though :o

Am I then right in thinking....

Quinn is on some sort of secret FBI mission that Estes knows about but he has been sold to the rest of the team (i.e. Saul) as "just" an analyst? I guess Estes knows the 'Black Ops' guy on the bus too?

So 'Black Ops' guy on the bus works for the FBI/CIA rather than part of Abu Nazir's cell? I had convinced myself Quinn was on Abu Nazir's side!

Estes planned to take out Brody if Abu Nazir was caught because he has become a complication?

I do like how it keeps you guessing, I'm no longer sure which side Brody is on!
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    However, can't believe the producers can drag out the adulterous relationships and hope they conclude the situation soon as it's poorly thought out and to be honest can't put up with the worst interaction between Carrie and Brody. Almost want to turn over as it is unnecessary with the power over him firmly established and threat of exposure enough, despite his breakdown last week.

I don't think Brody is firmly under CIA control though - remember he did nto tell the CIA everything that happened when he met Nazir - he could well be a triple agent.

The fact that nothing dodgy is likely to be found in the raided tv vans hints that Brody and Nazir were bluffing the CIA and the real plot is elsewhere.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    And Jess screwing whilst the kids sleep in an unfamiliar home with emotional turmoil and worry as to what their Dad is doing. For her to creep back unnoticed, yeah right!

Yeah can't believe they missed a chance to fit in another "This is bulls**t" from Dana.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah can't believe they missed a chance to fit in another "This is bulls**t" from Dana.

Dana opened her eyes momentarily when Jess left the bed.
  • CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss-Fitz wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining. I'm still a bit confused though :o

Am I then right in thinking....

Quinn is on some sort of secret FBI mission that Estes knows about but he has been sold to the rest of the team (i.e. Saul) as "just" an analyst? I guess Estes knows the 'Black Ops' guy on the bus too?

So 'Black Ops' guy on the bus works for the FBI/CIA rather than part of Abu Nazir's cell? I had convinced myself Quinn was on Abu Nazir's side!

Estes planned to take out Brody if Abu Nazir was caught because he has become a complication?

I do like how it keeps you guessing, I'm no longer sure which side Brody is on!

I think you're on the right track ... I'm thinking along those lines anyway .Estes was the one who insisted his own guy[turned out to be Quinn passed off as an analyst] be brought in if you recall that converstion with Saul ?

Can't believe AN would let Brody go ...just like that . .. that's got to be no no no .

How gross is Jess ? Perpared to risk her children finding out what their mother really is . :mad:
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Confused as to what alerted Saul that there was something fishy about Quinn, for him to start digging into him this episode. It seemed to come out of the blue.
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    The supposed plan must be a decoy or have been a test for Brody. Would Abu Nazir make an attack plan based on Brody 'innocently' being able to get Roya to be allowed to be the only camera crew at the homecoming of Special Forces at a locked-down classified event? Even if he did plan it that way, then AN would know that Brody's part would be exposed by his recommendation of Roya. That would lead to Brody potentially telling all, not a situation that AN would want if possible. Why wouldn't Carrie, Saul etc figure that out for themselves?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    Confused as to what alerted Saul that there was something fishy about Quinn, for him to start digging into him this episode. It seemed to come out of the blue.
    Carrie asked Virgil to look into Quinn when they began all this, she wanted to know why Estes brought an outsider in. Saul was obviously aware of that.
  • pavierpavier Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they assumed Nazir would be in the car in the end shoot out, that's the last place he would be. Was the assumption based on some evidence I missed?
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62740462#post62740462
    This discussion has been closed.