Options

Luke Friend - Teenstar 2013

rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.teenstarcompetition.co.uk/news/luke-friend-crowned-singing-competition-winner-teenstar-o2-london
Luke Friend has now won a comprehensive consultation package which focuses on social marketing, image and branding with Future Music, an initial extensive winner's publicity package and an amazing £5,000 to spend on the development of his music!

Does that 'image and branding' include getting publicity through X Factor.....!?

I wonder will they mention this at any point?

Comments

• Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minger... needs to wash hair
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    http://www.teenstarcompetition.co.uk/news/luke-friend-crowned-singing-competition-winner-teenstar-o2-london

Does that 'image and branding' include getting publicity through X Factor.....!?

I wonder will they mention this at any point?

only thing they came up with: DON'T WASH UR HAIR :o
  • Options
    KNs47KNs47 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Cosya wrote: »
    Minger... needs to wash hair

Yeah, he does, but given the right song he can actually sing!
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So can his hair nits
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I think we all need to get over the fact that there was life before XFactor.

With any luck, the people who's lives this show will change are really serious about being in this cut throat industry... in which case, it's likely that they've done competitions, won competitions, recorded/released songs, been managed, been in bands, worked with industry names, etc. There is nothing wrong with this... it doesn't mean they've made it and it doesn't mean they shouldn't audition for XF! I don't get this frame of mind.

Also, we should remember that XF show a tiny snippet of the footage they film... when we say 'so-and-so didn't even mention such-and-such'... what we mean is, 'XFactor showed a tiny bit of the filming they did of so-and-so, so we have no idea what they mentioned or what their story is.'

Sorry, rant over.
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK hang on, you've completely misinterpreted my reason for putting the post up in the first place! I'm with you on the fact that people who have been successful in the past, won competitions, had record deals, etc should be encouraged to audition on this show - I'm backing Next of Kin this year and have been defending them on these boards from people who think they shouldn't be there because they've already "made it"

I didn't mean it in a ranting "OMG he's already won a contest way." Not at all. I just found it strange that he had won a contest already this year, which includes a publicity package and marketing for his music, and yet he's gone in for X Factor. I would have thought the people behind the other contest would have tried to discourage him from that?

When I said about whether they would mention it, I didn't mean "Oh, he hasn't mentioned this, he's hiding it" - I've been at the auditions, and I know how much they film that never gets shown. I was just wondering if it would get mentioned at some point - showing that he's already been recognised as one of the best young acts in the country - or if it would be left out because they know some people will react badly to the fact that he's already got a certain amount of backing.