Josie's glasses

mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if we've covered this before but those awful big black specs Josie is wearing - are they the joke ones that Mario got what seems like months ago?

If they are her prescription ones then they do her no favours at all - she looks awful in them

Comments

• MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're always round her chin whenever I see her :rolleyes:
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They make her look a lot worse.. if that was even possible in the first place.
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she does it to try to look intelligent.

Fail.
  • moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think someone in the crowd gave them to her on Tuesday - she said something about thanks for the glasses on her way back into the house. They were selling them in Primark last year for about a pound - I remember thinking why the hell would anyone want to wear glasses if they don't have to :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    The original big glasses where from Maio's science task when Ben and JJ1 were on the walls.

Everyone has been using them since. Caoimhe looked great in them and Mario looked cute.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer them to Brian's 'Timmy Mallett' specs ;)
  • teabag 1957teabag 1957 Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moogester wrote: »
    I think someone in the crowd gave them to her on Tuesday - she said something about thanks for the glasses on her way back into the house. They were selling them in Primark last year for about a pound - I remember thinking why the hell would anyone want to wear glasses if they don't have to :confused:

I heard her say that but she was wearing them throughout BB11
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Hi mashedpotatoes. :) I posted about the 'fashion spectacles' a few weeks back.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1304053&highlight=micki+b

I was assuming those glasses weren't prescription lenses for all this time, but you have to wonder why she put them on when she was with Davina unless it was to be able to see people in the crowd. (I never saw anyone hand them to her and thought they may have been in the paper bag or down the front of her dress) They just looked so out of place with the beach dress - strange fashion statement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I think they are perscription but it seems obvious that she picked them to make herself look geeky and nice and somewhat innocent when she is as far from those qualities as you can get, she's a bloody good actress that all I can say and a lot more street smart than she lets on, country bumpkin my arse:rolleyes:
  • moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard her say that but she was wearing them throughout BB11

They were Mario's she was wearing.
  • bubbsbubbs Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    moogester wrote: »

She did. She never came out wearing or carrying them. She got them off a member of the audience who was standing behind Davina. When she was on her way back into the house she thanked them for the glasses. They're exactly like the ones she and others had been wearing in the house.
    They're bloody awful looking and yet she's never got them off.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    I think she does it to try to look intelligent.

Fail.

^^ this, she thinks she looks trendy and clever. They look ridiculous.
  • PieTVPieTV Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    MillyC wrote: »
    They're always round her chin whenever I see her :rolleyes:
    Which chin??? :D
  • MaxyParkGuyMaxyParkGuy Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I can't detect any prescriptive power in the lenses from the few chances I got to look through them and check any background shift that should be apparent.

Sam's certainly are prescriptive - you can see the displacement of his temple towards his eye through them as well as smaller eyes - a sign of myopic correction
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The glasses stop her having headaches
    from the lights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her ones broke, and they shared Mario's IIRC through the rest of the series.

The ones she has now, someone in the crowd gave her on Tuesday.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The glasses stop her having headaches
    from the lights.

Surely specs with plain glass lenses would serve no purpose other than as a fashion accessory ? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She nicked them from the cinema when she went to see Avatar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    She reminds me of Sponge Bob square pants when she wears them
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2005CLAIRE wrote: »
    She reminds me of Sponge Bob square pants when she wears them

Funny you should say that .... she reminds me of Patrick when she's got them off
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I was wondering about this too.

I deliberately watched Josie and, when the camera is behind her, the view through her glasses definately IS distorted.
    They definately ARE proper glasses to adjust her vision.

The missus was watching Gok Wan last night and I notice he's got the same sort of "Joe 90" glasses as well.
    Perhaps they're just fashionable these days?

Somebody needs to talk to Josie about it though.
    With her goofy teeth as well, she looks like the kid from MAD magazine when she wears those glasses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big rimmed glasses are fashionable.
    i have some myself, never wear them though lol.
    they're a 'hipster' fashion.

however i think josies are actualy glasses...
  • Ross PKRoss PK Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on Earth can glasses like that become fashionable?

What next? Half mast trousers? Socks and sandals?