Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Pictures of Madonna in NYC looking fantastic!
    http://allaboutmadonna.com/2013/05/18511.php

I also heard that she may make some kind of announcement about the Secret Project at Saturday's concert.

I like her ballads and midtempo, but I also enjoy the uptempo dance stuff. I think she should have a mix. Since she does a lot of her new songs live, she can't have too many slower songs since that would drag the energy out of her concerts. To me it's such a cliche that if a person get older they can only do slower songs. I don't want her to give up her sense of fun and youthful spirit.

She often remixes songs live so wouldn't do the album versions for the reason you mentioned and no one is saying she has to do ballads cos she is getting older. We want ballads and mid tempos because that's what she is doing best just lately
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    She often remixes songs live so wouldn't do the album versions for the reason you mentioned and no one is saying she has to do ballads cos she is getting older. We want ballads and mid tempos because that's what she is doing best just lately

I think she does uptempo, mid tempo and ballads equally well. I think she should continue that mix. Now I agree that maybe she could add more ballads and midtempo to her albums. Her last couple albums have had mostly uptempo, but I don't think she shouldn't completely eliminate uptempo songs.
  • BoobobBoobob Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Guys, honestly, in the showbiz section there is a thread about when Madonna became a Legend etc..... you should read some of the pathetic comments. I mean really, they are saying she isn't a Legend or even a superstar. WTF!

It does make me sad how some write utter rubbish because they don't like a cetain star, it just makes them look daft because there is no denying that Madonna is a Legend.

IMO the internet breeds sad people and it must be so easy to hide behind a keyboard and spout such rubbish.

*SIGH*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boobob wrote: »
    Guys, honestly, in the showbiz section there is a thread about when Madonna became a Legend etc..... you should read some of the pathetic comments. I mean really, they are saying she isn't a Legend or even a superstar. WTF!

It does make me sad how some write utter rubbish because they don't like a cetain star, it just makes them look daft because there is no denying that Madonna is a Legend.

IMO the internet breeds sad people and it must be so easy to hide behind a keyboard and spout such rubbish.

*SIGH*

Of course, she's a legend! It's pointless to argue with such stupidity. I never go to the Showbiz section personally but it's filled with threads about reality stars and gossip. That doesn't interest me. I prefer to discuss music so I just come to the Music section.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the showbiz thread is bad at all for the showbiz forum. Most posts are complimentary but usually they are vitriolic and vile on there, I was pleasantly surprised
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    That thread is rather interesting and insightful. Of course there's the odd few individuals who like to post those silly troll-like one-liners :rolleyes:

Not in my house ;):D
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    That thread is in the wrong section imo, it should be in the music section.

I don't think there's too much negativity in there, it's in the main forum so it's open to non fans as well as fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just went and looked at the thread you are talking about. Most of the comments in there are very positive so it's nothing to get upset about.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that thread in the showbiz section is quite complimentary for the most part to be fair and i have seen far worse written about madonna over the years. the "not in my house" comments did make me laugh though, as it seems the point of thread completely passed these people by.:o

off topic, but where is josh?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The showbiz thread do nothing but slag every celebrity off. Try not to take it off hand
    These are the people that spent every waking hour waiting for a comment from Katie price to be said and then spend 90 pages slagging it off.
    Forum Member
    The showbiz thread do nothing but slag every celebrity off. Try not to take it off hand
    These are the people that spent every waking hour waiting for a comment from Katie price to be said and then spend 90 pages slagging it off.

Exactly!

It's mostly 'reality' threads in there, that's why I would say that a Madonna thread doesn't belong there, at least she's famous for a reason rather than having a vajazzle or whatever they call it.

I bet a good percentage of reality fans wouldn't even know what legend means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you're quite correct, every time i enter a thread on that forum, i end up regretting my input and find i have wasted a day.:o that is why i have avoided posting in that madonna thread, because she`s largely above the celebrities that are usually discussed there.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree totalretrofan
    :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    A lot of the chat about Z-listers is actually sad and rather embarrassing

I was at Liverpool Central Library today and I found a giant book which was a Celebrity A-Z Dictionary and out of interest I looked up Madonna (she had one of the largest paragraphs in the book ;)), it basically said about Holiday propelling her to success and she built on that within the 80s, she then revolutionised a way of thinking in terms of sex and has covered a large spectrum in terms of musical styles she's explored.

All in all, it was very fitting...kind of wish I'd taken the book out now and had a gander at others
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boobob wrote: »

*SIGH*

Unfortunately the internet is full of ignorant thick-sh.its who think history began on 1st january 2000 because that's when life and all in it became relevant to them. Madonna isn't relevant to them because they are growing up with artists that are big now. They therefore ignore artists who have come before and dismiss their achievements. They fail to realise that Gaga, Beyonce, Rhianna, Katy Perry and so on are relevant BECAUSE of what Madonna and not the other way round. You only have to realise how dim people are these days when you watch the contestants on Quiz Shows getting really easy questions wrong.
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    You only have to realise how dim people are these days when you watch the contestants on Quiz Shows getting really easy questions wrong.

If i'm watching or listening to a quiz I always laugh if they get it wrong.

We've got the internet so you would think that people would think about what questions they might be asked and do a bit of research instead of just going on and making a fool of themselves by giving wrong or really stupid answers to really easy questions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back online for a mini sec...needed a bit of a mini gap away....love the posts from the Chime For Change appearence...she was so strong and bold and it was such a great reception all round....he reaction she gets from the crowds is incredible...always has and will be its insane...i mean standing ovations for merely walking onto a stage...only Madonna :cool: Brilliant. But that speech was so damn incredible...she really is making a change.

Also glad to read the MDNA tour will be released August 26th :) Brought forward a bit :D...so yeah less time to wait and in time for the end of summer (just in)....maybe she will appear at the VMAs to promote it or something...have loved her attendances across the past few months....hope they continue :) love it.
    Forum Member
    Here's a lovely dirty treat for a hot summer's day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5VKWviYuw8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ naughty...i like it :cool:

also this morning whilst doing errands on Nick grimshaws show he played Hung Up and said that he liked that she came back to the UK for the CHime for Change thing and wished that she made an album as big as COnfessions again.

While i am not big on artists doing "2.0" always an issue....i do love that Nick was open about that as a fan himself (i remember he and Annie Mac were watching the SUperbowl in 2012 and played it in their night slot) in a very "Bieber/commercial/tween" audience/atmosphere awesome :cool: A real treat to hear to in the blazing sunshine!! yeah :D

Hope everyone has a lovely weeks end and week end....
    Forum Member
    I may have stirred it up a bit in the Madonna/legend thread in the showbiz forum.

Someone said she isn't a talented singer and I disagreed and said it's their loss and they said otherwise.

So I just wonder if there's trouble brewing, i'm waiting to see if anyone else will add to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may have stirred it up a bit in the Madonna/legend thread in the showbiz forum.

Someone said she isn't a talented singer and I disagreed and said it's their loss and they said otherwise.

So I just wonder if there's trouble brewing, i'm waiting to see if anyone else will add to it.

her voice has always been subject to widespread scrutiny, its inevitable that her vocal talent was going to be debated at some point in that thread. the fact that its off topic and subjective will not stop some people using the thread to stick the boot in.

i dip in to that thread to see which way its going, but the negative posts are the usual garage which is often written about her to be honest and i have read it all before.:sleep: she obviously is a living legend despite whatever anyone thinks about her talent or her music.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest when it comes to vocals....anyone that doesnt like the way they sing people say "they cant sing, their voice is awful" and that is with EVERY artist.

Fact is...Madonna has such an eclective style with her voice and her vocals are so versatile she really uses it to her advantage...granted on her most recent work she hasnt pushed the boat out on her vocals...mainly because she hasnt "needed" to but live and on Falling Free you can hear a very nice earthy tone to it still.

I adore Madonnas voice, its just perfect for her songs and for so many different styles..plus she has such a unique way of singing to...turn on a radio randomly and listen to a 20 second sample and you will know isntantly its Madonna singing :)...plus so many have a similar octave/versatile range nowadays anyway...and even prior too...its just not up for debate :cool:
    Forum Member
    To be honest when it comes to vocals....anyone that doesnt like the way they sing people say "they cant sing, their voice is awful" and that is with EVERY artist.

Fact is...Madonna has such an eclective style with her voice and her vocals are so versatile she really uses it to her advantage...granted on her most recent work she hasnt pushed the boat out on her vocals...mainly because she hasnt "needed" to but live and on Falling Free you can hear a very nice earthy tone to it still.

I adore Madonnas voice, its just perfect for her songs and for so many different styles..plus she has such a unique way of singing to...turn on a radio randomly and listen to a 20 second sample and you will know isntantly its Madonna singing :)...plus so many have a similar octave/versatile range nowadays anyway...and even prior too...its just not up for debate :cool:

I agree about the versatility of her voice, no one sings like Madonna and no one doesn't sing like her if you see what I mean.

I hear songs on youtube claiming to be by Madonna and because she has such a distinctive voice and vocal style I can always tell whether or not it's her singing the song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah totally....had the Erotica album on blast in my "secret garden" (which isnt that secret tbh) sounded so beautiful...and her vocie across the album i always love how she changes her tone up...cold/harsher one moment then her signature talky/singy style, her more crisper tones and that warmth and energetic....its a beautifully talented and distinctive voice and i hope in future she does use it to her advantage :)

But its been so damn beautiful <3