Options

Women Housemates appearance

calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it just me or dont you think some of the women dont give a damn about their appearance. some are in jammies, onesies or sloppy clothes... I seem to remember much older women like Stephanie Beecham Shilpa Shetty and Ivana Trump always looking well kept every day....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    To be fair if im not going out of my house im in a onesie (i own several) so its very rare to see me in normal clothes lol.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pompeybird wrote: »
    To be fair if im not going out of my house im in a onesie (i own several) so its very rare to see me in normal clothes lol.

Me too. :blush:

You and I aren't on the telly though. ;-)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, essentially there are slobbing around the house the whole day, they don't have to go out to work, meetings or anything. I know when I'm just hanging around the house I want to be as comfortable as possible, lounging trousers, a big fleece kaftan for warmth, no bra, no make-up, etc.

Obviously, though, I'm not on camera 24/7 as they are, but I do think that - as time goes on in the BB house - they do become more and more relaxed about their appearance. Whether that's due to the boredom, the tiredness, it becoming more and more like 'home' as time goes on, who knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me too. :blush:

You and I aren't on the telly though. ;-)
    This is very true :D Its a standard joke with family and friends now im the baker in a onesie (i make bespoke cakes lol). In my defence i have a severe spinal disease so being in comfy clothes is a must for me. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Speaking as an oldie now, me and the missus have noticed young lads these days are putting a lot of work into their bodies (even if they're ugmos from the neck up) while the girls alongside them are looking a bit ... well ... either slobby or completely concealed behind sprays and lashes and extensions, and not very attractive with it. Just noting that.
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm of the 'older' generation and if I brought a onsie into the house I think my hubby would walk straight out! When I pick up my grandchildren from school I often wonder if most of the mums actually own a mirror because most of them look such a mess and always dressed in such drab colours. I think my figure is better than a lot of theirs too.....they just look slovenly!
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    I dont mind it. I like to see people who are comfortable enough with themselves to just be themselves. It may be a bit extreme to not care for tv but the other extreme is airbrushing for example.

If they then won, its an opposing example to the damaging image determined culture that can be influential.
  • Options
    schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez what a sexist thread. So the men are all dressed up to the nines are they ??
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Well, essentially there are slobbing around the house the whole day, they don't have to go out to work, meetings or anything. I know when I'm just hanging around the house I want to be as comfortable as possible, lounging trousers, a big fleece kaftan for warmth, no bra, no make-up, etc.

Obviously, though, I'm not on camera 24/7 as they are, but I do think that - as time goes on in the BB house - they do become more and more relaxed about their appearance. Whether that's due to the boredom, the tiredness, it becoming more and more like 'home' as time goes on, who knows.

I think that's what happens. After a while, they almost forget they're part of a tv show and it becomes like their own home.

Personally, I never leave the house without spending an hour on hair, make up and clothes but, in the comfort of my own four walls, I'm a pj wearing, pony tailed, slapless slob :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I think that's what happens. After a while, they almost forget they're part of a tv show and it becomes like their own home.

Personally, I never leave the house without spending an hour on hair, make up and clothes but, in the comfort of my own four walls, I'm a pj wearing, pony tailed, slapless slob :D
    The older I get, the less I care about putting my face on to go out, I have to admit. Parenthood probably did that to me to a degree too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The older I get, the less I care about putting my face on to go out, I have to admit. Parenthood probably did that to me to a degree too :D
    I often look at various people with the fake hair , nails , eyelashes , tan etc etc and think to myself how the hell do you find time for all that ??? Never mind taking selfies all day as well (i know a few like this) ...... I barely have the energy to put on socks never mind false eyelashes :o
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    I'm allergic to all forms of make up, even the advertised non-allergenic brands, so unfortunately you have to take me as you find me! I am envious when I see the difference a bit of slap can make though, Katie H had a face full of makeup and looked quite different when she went into the house.

I do spend a small fortune on my hair to try and compensate. None of your supermarket shampoos, it's products all the way. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I bought a onesie and wore it once. I hated feeling trapped in it, and also when you go to the toilet you have to take the whole thing off and sit there nekked and freezing.
    The only time I don't mind looking rough in public is when I'm at the gym or out for a run. The only thing 'fake' about me is tattooed eyebrows, but I have a scar across one of them so my eyebrows don't grow in that particular area.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pompeybird wrote: »
    I often look at various people with the fake hair , nails , eyelashes , tan etc etc and think to myself how the hell do you find time for all that ??? Never mind taking selfies all day as well (i know a few like this) ...... I barely have the energy to put on socks never mind false eyelashes :o

:D:D:D
    Did you hear Alicia tell Katie H that she gets up at 6am every morning to make her own milk with fresh Almonds ? So funny- Katie was very cutting in return !!
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    Did you hear Alicia tell Katie H that she gets up at 6am every morning to make her own milk with fresh Almonds ? So funny- Katie was very cutting in return !!

Bitty with bitties in?

Made myself sick.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they don't have to be glamorous every day :confused: one of the stupidest threads i've seen so far
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But they are at work!
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I quite like the fact that the women don't give a stuff. It's brave given that media like The Daily Mail are filled with articles sneering at female celebs daring to pop to the shops without make-up, leave a gym with sweat patches, or simply exist in too fat or thin a form.

For the record, I look an absolute effing mess right now, as do a lot of people just slobbing about their home. Good on 'em, I say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But they are at work!

But their 'job' in this case is to live in a house and ostensibly 'be themselves'. They're not on a set or being interviewed or attending a showbiz party or premier.

I've got a different wardrobe for different facets of my life....I don't wear the same clothes for a conference as I do for a day in the office. I don't wear the same clothes at work as I do at home. I don't wear the same clothes to a pub as I do to a restaurant. I don't wear the same clothes for slobbing out as I do for going shopping. etc etc. But I'm potentially being looked at in most of those contexts.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But their 'job' in this case is to live in a house and ostensibly 'be themselves'. They're not on a set or being interviewed or attending a showbiz party or premier.

I've got a different wardrobe for different facets of my life....I don't wear the same clothes for a conference as I do for a day in the office. I don't wear the same clothes at work as I do at home. I don't wear the same clothes to a pub as I do to a club. I don't wear the same clothes for slobbing out as I do for going shopping. etc etc.

So you are rich with tons of stuff, are you White Dee?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would not be getting dressed up if I was lounging around at home
  • Options
    Miss Con StrueMiss Con Strue Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why just the women? All HMs start slobbing after a couple of days, just as they would at home. I do think that they forget, to a degree, that they are on TV. I thing I find amusing is they often tidy themselves up to go to the DR and dress up for eviction night, even if they are not up for nomination.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Some people look good without having to make too much effort. I have to do my hair every day or I look like worzel gummidge.
    I envy people with lovely compliant hair.....Aunt Sally
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    I welcome the natural look. They are LIVING there, i.e. not on stage! So what if the cameras are on them? The ability to appear as if they would do when at home is a big bonus to me - more interesting. Also, when they do get dolled up, the transformation is the more apealling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    So you are rich with tons of stuff, are you White Dee?

What are you going on about?

And how are the two parts of your sentence connected?