Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simmons was quite interesting in this episode. She came across as quite cold especially when asked about Bakshi; who I also think could have had a better send off, though sacrificing himself is pretty good.

I thought the effects work for the mission was spectacular.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simmons is more willing than anyone on the team to kill in cold blood. She's just not very good at it. May, Coulson and Morse are proficient killers, but they go out there with the aim of completing the mission and, as a potential consequence, taking out anyone in the way. It's only Simmons who I recall expressing a desire to kill people for the sake of ending their lives, repeatedly.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the action scene with Skye. That was beautifully done. It reminded me of how they handle some of the action scenes in the series Daredevil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Simmons is more willing than anyone on the team to kill in cold blood. She's just not very good at it. May, Coulson and Morse are proficient killers, but they go out there with the aim of completing the mission and, as a potential consequence, taking out anyone in the way. It's only Simmons who I recall expressing a desire to kill people for the sake of ending their lives, repeatedly.

I agree. Coulson and Morse, or whoever sometimes have to kill. What Simmons planned was pure premeditated murder. It was out of spite and vengeance and jeopardised the mission.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Coulson and Morse, or whoever sometimes have to kill. What Simmons planned was pure premeditated murder. It was out of spite and vengeance and jeopardised the mission.

All leading up to the inhuman anti-weapon grabbing her it would seem, makes her character going into Season Three all the more interesting imo :D
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons got found out and they begin to question her time undercover in Hydra.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Skye's not the Inhumans film, I'll write a 9000 word-long complaint and send it to Marvel via email. She's quickly become one of my favourite characters with superpowers of all time. Too awesome not to be on the big screen at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode! Loved seeing the gang back together :p Especially love Ward's talk followed by the "I'm glad I shot you", "Me too" "Should of aimed for the face" moment :D

The Skye action scene too, glorious! Shame Ward's gone back to being an outcast but I suspected as much, no way he's gonna just fade back in with them.

What do they do with Ward now, though? He's been a Hydra agent, he's been neutral and now he's on neither side again. I hope they have either a redemption arc or a exit with his character at some point otherwise what's the point of him being there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    All leading up to the inhuman anti-weapon grabbing her it would seem, makes her character going into Season Three all the more interesting imo :D

Yes, it would make sense when you take into account the bigger picture and what things are leading up towards.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    What do they do with Ward now, though? He's been a Hydra agent, he's been neutral and now he's on neither side again. I hope they have either a redemption arc or a exit with his character at some point otherwise what's the point of him being there?
    I got the impression that was his swan song.

I too enjoyed the one liners and action scenes but am puzzled by the timeline of events as Skye seems to be twice as good an agent every mission she goes on. She could have taken on May easily going by that sequence last night. Even without using her 'powers'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

He hasn't been announced as leaving, though.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Spoilers: That's because he isn't leaving. I won't mention what happens to him, but he's confirmed for season 3.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »

I too enjoyed the one liners and action scenes but am puzzled by the timeline of events as Skye seems to be twice as good an agent every mission she goes on. She could have taken on May easily going by that sequence last night. Even without using her 'powers'.

They were just run of the mill troops taken by surprise. She's definitely gotten good but I've no doubt Mei would have been just as proficient. Most of the fights we see Mei in these days are against supers or other prodigies like Agent 33.
  • Options
    Colino GreenColino Green Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons got found out and they begin to question her time undercover in Hydra.

I've suspected after certain scenes early in Season 2 that Simmons would turn into 'evil Simmons'. Anything can happen but Friday's episode just seemed to make it all the more likely.

Of course, Whedon does have a thing for turning seemingly super-innocent characters evil, as we have seen in Buffy and Angel down the years. He does love a good wrestling style 'face/heel' turn. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've suspected after certain scenes early in Season 2 that Simmons would turn into 'evil Simmons'. Anything can happen but Friday's episode just seemed to make it all the more likely.

Of course, Whedon does have a thing for turning seemingly super-innocent characters evil, as we have seen in Buffy and Angel down the years. He does love a good wrestling style 'face/heel' turn. :)

Would anyone be able to take evil Simmons seriously?

Coulson's team would take her down easily. It wouldn't even last a episode.
  • Options
    Colino GreenColino Green Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course, an evil Simmons would surely make sure to surround herself with some serious backup. Or, maybe she would just re-join Hydra as an increasingly psychotic experimental scientist or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone spot the reference to The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone spot the reference to The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Of course, it wasn't subtle "only the twins have survived the tests as far" or words to that effect
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, Simmons had no trouble taking down Bobbi. She tricked Hydra when she was working undercover there, and she tricked Real-SHIELD when she was working for them. She'd have murdered Ward if she hadn't been stopped by Bakshi. I wouldn't underestimate her abilities or her coldness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Well, Simmons had no trouble taking down Bobbi. She tricked Hydra when she was working undercover there, and she tricked Real-SHIELD when she was working for them. She'd have murdered Ward if she hadn't been stopped by Bakshi. I wouldn't underestimate her abilities or her coldness.

Look how hopeless she was at trying to kill Ward, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look how hopeless she was at trying to kill Ward, though.
    She expected him to be alone, and he wasn't. So she screwed up, but I wouldn't say she was hopeless. She had him unawares, and she didn't hesitate, and she had an effective weapon, and would have killed him successfully if Bakshi hadn't intervened. (And she also defeated Bakshi, kicking him to the ground before the tech had effect.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She expected him to be alone, and he wasn't. So she screwed up, but I wouldn't say she was hopeless. She had him unawares, and she didn't hesitate, and she had an effective weapon, and would have killed him successfully if Bakshi hadn't intervened. (And she also defeated Bakshi, kicking him to the ground before the tech had effect.)

She still wouldn't beat May in a fight. That's all Coulson's team would have to do to win: send May after her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She still wouldn't beat May in a fight. That's all Coulson's team would have to do to win: send May after her.
    Simmons would be too smart to take on May in a straight fight. She'd use technology. Again, remember how she took down Bobbi, and Bobbi is no slouch at combat.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the fact that the Avengers were mentioned at the end of the episode which means now that the opening sequence of Age of Ultron makes more sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simmons would be too smart to take on May in a straight fight. She'd use technology. Again, remember how she took down Bobbi, and Bobbi is no slouch at combat.

Technology is no match for May.