Options

Spotify App For iPhone/Android launched!

https://www.spotify.com/en/mobile/overview/

Surprised it was accepted by Apple! Anyone got it yet? You need to be on Premium first.

Comments

• Options
    MisanthropeMisanthrope Posts: 5,531
    Forum Member
    I've got it for the iPhone.

First impressions , it seems pretty great. Streams over 3G quite nicely no stutter for me so far.

The offline playlist function works great. It waits until you have a wi-fi connection and then pulls the songs down for later (I assume you need to leave the app open for this to happen)

My one quibble with the offline playlists (unless I'm being thick, which is a definite possibility) is that you can't create a new playlist on the iPhone itself you can only add tracks to an existing playlist. I'd like to have the playlists consisting of individual albums. If I fancy grabbing an album for offline use on a whim and am away from the spotify desktop app I need to stick it into an existing playlist rather than create one there and then.

Edit :

I was being thick. To create a playlist on the iPhone you need to go to offline playlists then edit and add a new playlist. You can then add the album (or songs) you want to the new playlist.