Options

The Brave Men of Coronation Street

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
Steve, Owen and Jason stand by and watch Becky break into the Barlow's and swing a sledgehammer around.

The only one that attempted to get the hammer off her was a man in his late seventies. Ken.

They must be very proud.

Comments

• Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL! I thought the exact same! Why the hell did they all stand back and let her do all that damage? It wasn't as if she was yielding a gun, it takes some effort to swing a sledgehammer so any one of them could have jumped in and knocked her down to stop her! If she had a smaller lump hammer she would have been more dangerous, but they all stand back as if she was about to fire a machine gun!
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Stape would have dealt with the situation.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened when David started to smash the street up - Ken was the only one to approach him then too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    That's because Ken in the past has been SO FRUSTRATED not being able to do anything.
  • Options
    SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheStiggy wrote: »
    That's because Ken in the past has been SO FRUSTRATED not being able to do anything.

This joke will outlive William Roache's entire career in Corrie. :D
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! I thought the exact same! Why the hell did they all stand back and let her do all that damage? It wasn't as if she was yielding a gun, it takes some effort to swing a sledgehammer so any one of them could have jumped in and knocked her down to stop her! If she had a smaller lump hammer she would have been more dangerous, but they all stand back as if she was about to fire a machine gun!

Steve was actually standing in the doorway holding people back while she was smashing up the living room :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Will MitchellWill Mitchell Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha what a load of fantastical nonsense.

John was able to run and hide in the attic for seemingly days on end.
    He then jumped down, snatched the baby in broad daylight and ran out onto the Street.
    He then managed to elude Weatherfield's boys in blue, despite "everyone" looking for him
    He then manages to walk into the hospital, take on the form of a doctor with a baby in his arms
    He manages to evade hospital staff and again, the boys in blue and make for the roof.
    The police woman takes Fiz and Chesney up to the roof, as the rest all watch in awe
    He then jumps down seemingly to his death....only for the marvellous boys in blue to find a trail of blood and the discarded white coat.

That is the stuff of science fiction guys. I knew it was a mistake letting an ex Dr Who producer take over. Complete load of tripe.

The Becky meltdown was rather entertaining if not a bit predictable. Poor Deirdre. She was inconsolable during filming apparently, bless her. Another bit of shoddy writing,. was everyone watching Becky break down the door. No Norris, or Emily despite them living next door. Not a single other door on the Street opened.

Thank god Graeme and Xin were nowhere around.

Well I'm sure ITV are delighted with the ratings. Shame Coronation Street's credibility is out the window though.

Oh well.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    My thoughts exactly. Owen and Jason are two strong blokes who just stood there doing nothing whilst Becky wreaked havoc. Surely they could have attempted to tackle her between the two of them.
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they all thought she was Thor.

You wouldn't want to mess with Thor.
  • Options
    CarlaLiamForeveCarlaLiamForeve Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    For Stapelizer's story, in real would the murder stpry not have been in the news or at least the paper?

Steve is a wuss, that's why he didn't attempt to stop Becky! Owen is a big lump of talking $h!te!
    Jason is and has always been useless
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a bit Stupid that they all just stood there looking gormless and not doing anything! Lol. Steve was annoying me as well by only telling becky at the last minute. When all that damage could have been prevented. What a coward!