Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it this show got stacks of DVD releases yet no other soap did.

Because fans campaigned for years and fought for this release. The fanbase was there and the DVDs sold because of that.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even on the other forum pretty much nobody agrees with you over this one scene. It was cringey in your opinion, as far as here and the prisoner site and the facebook page feedback goes it has had a much more positive reaction.

Maybe you should consider that you not liking something is as far as that goes.

Coming across as worried it will put people off and make people mock it when it is just you doing it is just weird.

You can't handle someone having an opinion that differs from your own can you.

Because I have criticised an episode of a TV programme you are being personally insulting, calling me paranoid.

You don't know how to have an adult discussion and discuss things on point.

Calling me paranoid is just a (very immature and over the top) deflection away from the subject being discussed. It's not a valid point about the subject of the programme. Just a personal insult. You have got far too angry and are taking the criticism of a TV programme far too personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really haven't got angry, and I really don't care about people having a different opinion. I just find it very strange that you say the episode was awful and a disappointment over one scene. To me that is over the top and clutching at straws because you want to dislike something.

If somebody had valid reasons or a balanced argument then I would happily respond in kind. As it is it was just a long post about hating an episode because of one scene. Struck me as odd.

But OK, you think what you want and I shall not respond to you again and just pop you on ignore as per forum guidelines. Once somebody starts throwing the phrase 'personal insult' around you know they will just cling onto it so I will just bow out now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Wow.

Some people. :rolleyes:
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a week off work, my news set hasn't arrived yet so I'll spend it watching some classic episodes, the great fire, The Freaks first appearance and Sandys riot I haven't seen for a while sp probably go with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a week off work, my news set hasn't arrived yet so I'll spend it watching some classic episodes, the great fire, The Freaks first appearance and Sandys riot I haven't seen for a while sp probably go with them.

I was off work sick last week and started on Sandy and Kate arriving in the paddy wagon. I just finished episode 310. It flew by instead of being miserable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was off work sick last week and started on Sandy and Kate arriving in the paddy wagon. I just finished episode 310. It flew by instead of being miserable!

Yeah, I have only ever seen those episodes once, never saw them when they were originally on, so looking forward to seeing them again :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB: I agree!

In the case of Bea it worked, because they had set it up in the story properly. And Bea was selfish and stubborn anyway, so her being anti-drugs I could believe. A few earlier soaps and dramas had shown drug use ('Number 96' - of course!) so Ten had done it before. Maybe they figured they'd just minimise the drugs angle to avoid complaints? Anyway, having Bea anti-drugs was yet another reason for extra conflict in the storylines - and in a prison drama that's always a good thing.

I don’t really know anything about Number 96 other than the fact it’s an Australian soap. It’s a terrible name for a soap imo. The name always makes me think of those old classic British and American shows about secret agents starring people like Roger Moore and Patrick McGoohan.

You know the type: Dastardly organisation S.MA.S.H is going to take over the world. Who are you going to call? Suave secret agent, Number 96!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds interesting.

Can you give a linky to the thread? :D

Or if it's been deleted, can you say what the thread was?

it was originally in the 'rewatching 1979' thread but the so called moderator was so keen to have a big fight that he then started a whole new thread dedicated to it, it was called '1979 thread flame' or something

i continued to visit for a week or so after it happened but its left such a nasty taste in my mouth i find i don't want to bother with the forum anymore. i was not involved in the fight btw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way PCBH fans, did you know it's exactly 30 years ago that Val Lehman left the show? I have a memory for dates and I remember she said in an interview it was Friday 13th May 1983... If you have that episode on DVD to watch tonight you'd be watching 30 years to the day that it was filmed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    By the way PCBH fans, did you know it's exactly 30 years ago that Val Lehman left the show? I have a memory for dates and I remember she said in an interview it was Friday 13th May 1983... If you have that episode on DVD to watch tonight you'd be watching 30 years to the day that it was filmed!

Interesting fact, I just watched that episode last night actually, her fight with The Freak is great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the episode when Joan has a drink in a bar, after finding out Terry is cheating on her, the barmaid who serves her reminds me of Sharron Watts from Eastenders. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting fact, I just watched that episode last night actually, her fight with The Freak is great.

Almost perfect timing then :)

Great final fight indeed but such a weak exit.

Of course, the producers thought she would come back...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Almost perfect timing then :)

Great final fight indeed but such a weak exit.

Of course, the producers thought she would come back...

What a shame, no blood Smith:)The Freak not allowing her to say goodbye was classic Ferguson.

The final scene of that episode has one of the worst actors the series has seen playing the policeman whose come to arrest Judy.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    If you're on there you can tell them that 'Thunder' won't be visiting anymore due to a disgusting display of vile behaviour actually on the forum for all to see from a so called moderator, full of insults and name calling directed at another member

Agreed, what a disgusting act of behaviour from a moderator, sadly backed up by the admin, so clearly no chance of any justice being done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Agreed, what a disgusting act of behaviour from a moderator, sadly backed up by the admin, so clearly no chance of any justice being done.

well i will no longer visit or support the forum.

That is unacceptable from any forum members, but especially from a moderator who is supposed to keep order not create disorder and insult members with a string of insults and namecalling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final set has arrived, I now have every single episode of prisoner on DVD :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final set has arrived, I now have every single episode of prisoner on DVD :):):)

hehe cool, i'm still only upto volume 13:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mine arrived Monday, I'm delighted and ecstatic! Began watching in 1994 and now in 2013 I complete the collection:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    hehe cool, i'm still only upto volume 13:)

Thanks :), I think where you are up to is my favourite era of the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine arrived Monday, I'm delighted and ecstatic! Began watching in 1994 and now in 2013 I complete the collection:)

Yeah it's great, I started watching in 1988 I think, so a lot of these later episodes I haven't seen for twenty years.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the final boxset on Monday. Just finished watching episode 650 - Lexie and Nancy both leaving in the same episode. It's now getting to the stage where I can't remember most of what happens up until the last episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    I got the final boxset on Monday. Just finished watching episode 650 - Lexie and Nancy both leaving in the same episode. It's now getting to the stage where I can't remember most of what happens up until the last episode.

I was sad to see Lexie go, she'd been in it for quite a bit by then hadn't she, and the show had changed quite a bit too - she arrived when Bobbie, Rabbit, Myra, Judy were all still there, sort of like one of the last links to the past - excluding Alice of course.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Lexie was annoying to start with, but I thought she was eventually one of Prisoner's best characters. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lexie. And don't really find her annoying at all. With the exception of her bullying of Kath Maxwell.