Ariana Grande ft Zedd- Break Free

RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ek3WMM7I-0

Anyone else loving this? I think it will be the big hit of the summer.

Comments

• scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. Very different to Problem and far more generic, but still a really nice song
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a club edit of the extended mix here --> http://thepopshock.com/2014/07/07/ariana-grande-break-free-feat-zedd-the-popshock-club-edit/

I'll re-do it once the stems are made available. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It's out on uk itunes loving this
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    But purchases of the single before 25th August won't count due to stupid chart rules.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    But purchases of the single before 25th August won't count due to stupid chart rules.

and the fact UK radio is a mess.
    just seen 'anaconda' by nicki minaj (previously number one on usa itunes) is not out here till october !!! :o :ROLLSEYES:
    Forum Member
    And this is why people download the songs illegally, causing the song itself to flop in the charts.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible. Even worse than problem

She is a talented young girl but her musica is dreadfully produced. She can't earn a hit by her name alone and has to rely on others more well known than herself.

Half her second album is full of collabs. I am waiting for her to find decent producers, drop the pointless add on artists and deliver good pop music.
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maroon 5s promo singles in the midweeks!
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think that's true, if so then why did Cheryl, Magic!, Rita Ora get the no1?
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

If a song is available to download it's immediately chart eligible.

As far as I know the only thing that effects eligibility is when it's been given away with an album pre-order, or has been given away for free.
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    If a song is available to download it's immediately chart eligible.

As far as I know the only thing that effects eligibility is when it's been given away with an album pre-order, or has been given away for free.

One song which you purchase from a pre-order album will be made eligible to chart. Seeing as you could purchase "Problem" first before "Break Free" means that "Problem" will chart but "Break Free" will only chart once Ariana Grande's album becomes available to purchase. That is why when people were purchasing "Do What U Want" by Lady Gaga before the album was released, the single did not chart.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love this song. Ariana is a rising star and come next year, I think she'll be at the top of her game; and the charts for that matter ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im still waiting for the video
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    This is the worst song she's ever done imo. It's like something Ne-Yo, Usher or Chris Brown would've released a few years ago...
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,260
    Forum Member
    OMG the music video! LMAO. I think it's mean to be cheesy. But I'm laughing at her, not with her.
    Still love the song though.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video, that is all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst the video is meant to be a little, erm.... insert word here..... it just looks pretty cheap.