Britney Spears renews record deal with RCA, recording new music

AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In a new interview with "Variety", Britney confirmed that as of 2014 she renewed her contract with RCA records and is currently recording new music and it seems that her new contract has given her more creative freedom when it comes to her music.
http://variety.com/2014/music/news/britney-spears-interview-las-vegas-residency-1201293159/

What are your thoughts on her choice to renew? Do you have high hopes for her next album?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I think the album will do well u gotta remember britney jean was at the end of her last contract n she hadnt renewed her contract at that point so why would the label promote it more then circus or baby one more time
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I think it's good. I really hope her next album will be more like the Blackout 2.0 we were supposed to get last year. Urbaney FTW :D She needs to drop will.i.am and work with the likes of William Orbit, Danja, Pharrell Williams and some of the other producers she's worked with in the past. Britney Jean was pants apart from a couple of songs. Even Baby One More Time was a better album and that's saying something :p BTW what happened to that EP and soundtrack song (All The Way) she was supposed to be releasing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's good. I really hope her next album will be more like the Blackout 2.0 we were supposed to get last year. Urbaney FTW :D She needs to drop will.i.am and work with the likes of William Orbit, Danja, Pharrell Williams and some of the other producers she's worked with in the past. Britney Jean was pants apart from a couple of songs. Even Baby One More Time was a better album and that's saying something :pBTW what happened to that EP and soundtrack song (All The Way) she was supposed to be releasing?

i don`t believe for a second either was true, just rumours.
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i don`t believe for a second either was true, just rumours.

What makes you think that? I thought there was gonna be an EP with a movie soundtrack song and a couple of new songs and some Britney Jean leftovers. The EP was also rumoured to be promotion for her new lingerie collection. I haven't heard anything about any alleged new music apart from this news now. It seems to me all the rumours about her retiring after Vegas are rubbish then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes you think that? I thought there was gonna be an EP with a movie soundtrack song and a couple of new songs and some Britney Jean leftovers. The EP was also rumoured to be promotion for her new lingerie collection. I haven't heard anything about any alleged new music apart from this news now. It seems to me all the rumours about her retiring after Vegas are rubbish then!

I just never personally believed those rumours. Especially that movie soundtrack one, that rumour died really quickly.
    I've never doubted she might've occasionally recorded new material, or been in a studio to mess around now with this variety article we know is true. The retirement thing I never fully believed, I think she'll always release new stuff, maybe not often but will still do so, I do personally believe it will be a long time before she decides to travel the world again with a tour tho (hopefully I'm wrong) :)
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aw brilliant :D For a while I've been worried that after her residency she was going to retire for good but im so happy there will be a album 9. I just hope she stays away with will.i.am and gets back with dr luke, max martin and danja because 'Britney Jean' was good but not great
  • LMLM Posts: 63,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything better than the awful Britney Jean, then bring it on Ms Spears
    I never ever thought i would not buy a britney album but there is always a first for everything
    Forum Member
    aw brilliant :D For a while I've been worried that after her residency she was going to retire for good but im so happy there will be a album 9. I just hope she stays away with will.i.am and gets back with dr luke, max martin and danja because 'Britney Jean' was good but not great

Well the general consensus seemed to be that she was gonna retire for good but that isn't the case any more. I will be really disappointed if will.i.am is let anywhere near the next album. He shouldn't have been let anywhere near Britney Jean but I wonder did he take over because of the success of Scream & Shout? I also think she needs to scrap Dr Luke and Max Martin; I thought Dr Luke's productions on FF were a bit generic and she needs to move away from dance-pop. She needs to work with Danja, Timbaland, Pharrell and other hip-hop/R&B producers and make a dark, edgy, raw urban album.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,954
    Forum Member
    Well the general consensus seemed to be that she was gonna retire for good but that isn't the case any more. I will be really disappointed if will.i.am is let anywhere near the next album. He shouldn't have been let anywhere near Britney Jean but I wonder did he take over because of the success of Scream & Shout? I also think she needs to scrap Dr Luke and Max Martin; I thought Dr Luke's productions on FF were a bit generic and she needs to move away from dance-pop. She needs to work with Danja, Timbaland, Pharrell and other hip-hop/R&B producers and make a dark, edgy, raw urban album.

I would imagine that "Scream & Shout" was one of the reasons for his involvement with Britney Jean. I'm no fan of Will.i.am's work. Hopefully he won't be let anywhere near the new project.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I would imagine that "Scream & Shout" was one of the reasons for his involvement with Britney Jean. I'm no fan of Will.i.am's work. Hopefully he won't be let anywhere near the new project.

That's what I've been thinking. They probably noticed Scream & Shout was a success and then decided that will.i.am should work on her next album as an attempt to capitalise on the success of that song. It didn't seem to work though. I wonder what happened to the other songs that were supposed to have been on Britney Jean? Will they ever leak? S&S isn't one of my favourite Britney songs but I have it on my iPod as I'm a sucker for anything she releases, even if it is pants :D Same with Britney Jean. It's one of her worst albums but I still have it.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    As long as Danja's on board, sod the rest! 'Blackout' was his first solo professional venture without Timbaland, and ever since that album I've constantly anticipated a sequel album.

'Britney Jean' was never gonna have an album full of Scream & Shout, for all we know it might have been a label decision getting him to produce.
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »
    As long as Danja's on board, sod the rest! 'Blackout' was his first solo professional venture without Timbaland, and ever since that album I've constantly anticipated a sequel album.

A sequel album would be awesome! I'll be anticipating :D There's a reason that album is considered by many to be Britney's best.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    A sequel album would be awesome! I'll be anticipating :D There's a reason that album is considered by many to be Britney's best.
    Fingers crossed!
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Who knows,mebbe this contract is in line with her live show and stipulates she doesn't have to actually sing ;-)
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

yeh that was the reason will.i.am was made executive producer. im a big Britney fan but no matter how hard I tried to like Scream & Shout, I hated it and still hate it. I like 'Britney Jean' but I don't love it and I just hope RCA doesn't let will.i.am anywhere near album 9
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best news I've had all day :D

loved Britney Jean album :) only disliked one song
    I still want a Blackout 2.0 album! I would die happy if she did this :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard Blackout 2.0 being mentioned a lot on this forum for the past few years. Britney Jean was even anticipated as Blackout 2.0. If i am honest, i don't want a Blackout 2.0. I just wanna good decent pop album from Ms Spears but with better producers. Britney had a lot of creative freedom for Britney and Into the zone so if her creativity is along the lines of those albums, I would be over the moon. I don't want none of this "this album is personal" bollocks because it ends up being the exact opposite anyway.
    Forum Member
    I have heard Blackout 2.0 being mentioned a lot on this forum for the past few years. Britney Jean was even anticipated as Blackout 2.0. If i am honest, i don't want a Blackout 2.0. I just wanna good decent pop album from Ms Spears but with better producers. Britney had a lot of creative freedom for Britney and Into the zone so if her creativity is along the lines of those albums, I would be over the moon. I don't want none of this "this album is personal" bollocks because it ends up being the exact opposite anyway.

I agree! A good pop album is all I want. Without will.i.am's involvement if at all possible.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they will let will.i.am do it again after how much BJ underperformed.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

Here's hoping!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I know everyone is crazy about Blackout and it's definitely up there for me but my absolute favourite Britney album is In the Zone. It's fantastic and again ahead of its time, I never tire of it and it's when Britney first begain getting creative, working with Moby, Bloodshy and Avant and yes, even R.Kelly, she wrote or co-wrote alot of the songs too and I'd love for this Britney to emerge again, working with Danja and William Orbit, there could be some really great stuff. I'd also love an acoustic album, because despite what people assume or think, she can sing.

Britney has a fantastic back catalogue and I'd really love another album to contribute to it but with more experimental styles rather than the Femme Fatale/Britney Jean route.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

I hope so! The songs he produced were the worst on the album (apart from Work Bitch, but I don't know if he produced that). As I said an urban album would be good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Femme fatale was a good album a perfect way to end a trilogy of albums with blackout and circus. Britney jean was a good album I think but by britney's standards it weren't the best
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I for one am so happy she isn't retiring like people presumed! I want urbaney mixed with grimeney i want her to experiment and set trends like she used to id be more than happy to have a blend of ITZ and Blackout.

On a side note I'd still walk the 8 miles it took me to purchase Britney Jean.2
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to something surprising and forward thinking on the way blackout was. Britney Jean was nothing short of a travesty a weak album with one major standout being the lad and the rest mediocre. It was unacceptable. She needs more creative control too and to find the passion which has been missing from her.