owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just like Thunderbirds
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ack! Forgot about this! :( is it repeated any time soon?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its no spitting image
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched for first time and it was amusing, every sketch wasn't laugh out loud hilarious but some were really good. Given how dire TV can be on Weds and ITV in general I think its a good offering.
    Capparwire wrote: »
    I didn't get that joke, what's he got to do with Ali g?

Its to do with the dumbing down of Newsnight and it trying to do "cooler" and "edgier" stuff which flops most of the time.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what my favourite sketch was tonight: Dr Christian asking Ed Miliband 'should we get your brother?', Like A Sturgeon, Farage's hypocrisy being laid bear, Boris' Clown School, Jeremy Clarkson becoming Offender of the Realm (after the doctor threatened to remove his tongue), Katie Hopkins saying anything for money or Putin spending a lot of time in Douglas. :D

I just hope it finds some traction with the viewing figures; it's really finding it's feet.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I'm not sure what my favourite sketch was tonight: Dr Christian asking Ed Miliband 'should we get your brother?', Like A Sturgeon, Farage's hypocrisy being laid bear, Boris' Clown School, Jeremy Clarkson becoming Offender of the Realm (after the doctor threatened to remove his tongue), Katie Hopkins saying anything for money or Putin spending a lot of time in Douglas. :D

I just hope it finds some traction with the viewing figures; it's really finding it's feet.

It will likely be around 3.5m tonight, until next week when suddenly the audience drops below 3m when IGG returns on BBC1.

In such an exposed slot with two flops either side, it will be lucky to stay over 3m.
  • Options
    philoolaphiloola Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty damn good but needs more impressionists.
    Some of the voices are good but quite a few are miles off.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In such an exposed slot with two flops either side, it will be lucky to stay over 3m.

I caught the end of the latest "Celeb" tripe ITV were airing before it with Amanda Holden, no way to have a show about animal adoption without tagging Z-Listers to it in ITV's world. Mess>:(
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they got Evan Davis very well, he's in for a shock though I'd he sees that.
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top Show.
  • Options
    andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely sharper writing than last week's, the Farage song was spot and very "Spitting Image" even if a lot of the rest of it isn't.

Katie Hopkins drinking nettles and cat's piss, inspired!

Loved the Clarkson and Ed Milliband sketches. I think Ed is the star of this just now for sure.

Deserves a better slot frankly but needs more voice talent, Putin being voiced by Simon "Comparethemeerkat" Greenall is a bit hard to pull off, I keep expecting him to start talking about car insurance!
  • Options
    AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Ack! Forgot about this! :( is it repeated any time soon?

Hi . It's being repeated on itv tonight at 11.25pm.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    The Farage song:

https://vid.me/wlVu

:D
  • Options
    CapparwireCapparwire Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched for first time and it was amusing, every sketch wasn't laugh out loud hilarious but some were really good. Given how dire TV can be on Weds and ITV in general I think its a good offering.

Its to do with the dumbing down of Newsnight and it trying to do "cooler" and "edgier" stuff which flops most of the time.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andrew1973 wrote: »
    Definitely sharper writing than last week's, the Farage song was spot and very "Spitting Image" even if a lot of the rest of it isn't.

Katie Hopkins drinking nettles and cat's piss, inspired!

Loved the Clarkson and Ed Milliband sketches. I think Ed is the star of this just now for sure.

Deserves a better slot frankly but needs more voice talent, Putin being voiced by Simon "Comparethemeerkat" Greenall is a bit hard to pull off, I keep expecting him to start talking about car insurance/QUOTE]

I thought that was the point and they deliberately making his voice the same as Aleksandr?
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it two minutes, the alan carr thing, it is possibly the worst thing I have seen this year. It is however only April.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its no spitting image

Well of course not

This is Newzoids.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Prince George..... Oi Oi Saveloy!
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another true one with Farage.
    The NIck Clegg sketch was SOOO true.

Likewise, the Ed Miliband & Nicola Sturgeon puppet association.......Sooooo topical & apt ;-)

Enjoyed it - some sketches more than others....
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :d :d :d
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Like a Sturgeon" was inspired - They should expand that to a full version.

ITV have got themselves a very decent little show here.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Someone has already made the same point RE: Putin's voice.
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the first one but thought this one was funnier.
    Loved the Offender of the Realm with Prince Philip and Clarkson.
  • Options
    CapparwireCapparwire Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it two minutes, the alan carr thing, it is possibly the worst thing I have seen this year. It is however only April.

It was pretty accurate when it comes to carr's schtick. The "balls, cox and willy" thing wasn't meant to be funny, the joke was how crass and puerile Alan carr's material actually is.
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    Only one or two minor grumbles - the Lewis Hamilton puppet was silly, the Prince Charles one could be a be more sharper in appearance, and I've no clue as to who the last person before the Queen in Gary Barlow's video was.

Having seen this week's episode I believe that was Paul Hollywood ("He's got more dough than me").

Why did they give Mary Berry a Northern accent? She's really posh.