Matt was outstanding and clearly the winner from the start

labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Matt was outstanding because he always performed really well and clearly the winner, I don't know what happened",

said Artem in latest radio 5 interview :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyRbjEsdcQQ

(at 2.52)

Comments

• ormsterormster Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Disagree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is clear that they were being very gracious to another competitor. I don't think Artem was actually suggesting he should have won.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We felt the same way about Kara - she was outstanding from the start, and a most deserved winner.
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Why didn't he win then?
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    labasheedy wrote: »
    "Matt was outstanding because he always performed really well and clearly the winner, I don't know what happened",

said Artem in latest radio 5 interview :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyRbjEsdcQQ

(at 2.52)
    What Artem says is 'we just thought that Matt was clearly the winner'.

Slightly different context I think.
  • sandy4268sandy4268 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Both were fantastic, but Kara's showdance was terrible; littered with mistakes and the endwent completely wrong yet she scored higher than Matt.
    I think that shows who the judges favoured.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mwahahhahahahaha

come on folks, lol

Don't fall into this big hole, I have made here and sure didn't I have it all covered so neatly with these big banana leaves and everything.

Must be half a dozen of you down in this pit :)

(sneaks away with ladder) :D
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened was that Matt was the same dancer at the end that he was at the start.

He didn't grow enough as a performer.

By contrast, Kara blossomed before us and overtook him both on the leaderboard and in the public vote.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another one in me pit :D
    Forum Member
    What Artem says is 'we just thought that Matt was clearly the winner'.

Slightly different context I think.
    It is clear that they were being very gracious to another competitor. I don't think Artem was actually suggesting he should have won.

I just listened to the clip and agree with you both :)
    The title and OP is a bit misleading.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some points to note:
    Kara was a big fan of the show, and obviously knows the deal: it takes a lot for a woman to win, and the public do not seem to take to the idea of romance between couples. Add that to the fact that Matt was the favourite going in, and it's obvious why they thought they wouldn't win.
    Artem and Aliona are obviously good friends - they danced as pro partners on DWTS and the subsequent tour. At the very least he isn't going to criticise Matt and Aliona, and add that to the fact that Kara and Artem are both quite humble people, then of course he's going to say Matt could have won it. It doesn't mean that they think Matt SHOULD have won it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I think he was being diplomatic and graceful, as Matt was on Saturday. There's a reason all the pros were backing a Kara win, because she was the best dancer and the public agreed. I also think Kartem probably thought the way the rest of us did - that Matt was a well known, popular 'nice' guy and the public tend to respond to those types more than pretty talented girls. So I do actually believe that Kartem truly thought Matt had it in the bag, most of us did, but it didn't really have much to do with deserving it, more that it was assumed he would win quite easily.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just listened to the clip and agree with you both
    The title and OP is a bit misleading.

I think the title should have quotation marks round it.
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I think the title should have quotation marks round it.
    Plus a question mark at the end? :)
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Echad....Kara said on BBC Breakfast that she is a huge huge fan of the show and was nearly always in the audience....she said she was great friends with James Jordon by the way.....she said that she and Artem tried hard to be at the top end of the board to be safer and that when they got to the final they had no idea how the public vote would go, but she obviously knew that Matt was statiscally more likely to win based on previous Strictly voting patterns
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    labasheedy wrote: »
    Matt was outstanding and clearly the winner from the start

He lost .... the better dancer won :)
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt was a good dancer but he lacked sparkle and dare i say it was a bit mediocre in the final, both Kara AND Pamela outshone him and imo Pamela should of replaced him as runner up
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt was a good dancer but he lacked sparkle and dare i say it was a bit mediocre in the final, both Kara AND Pamela outshone him and imo Pamela should of replaced him as runner up

Seconded! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy4268 wrote: »
    Both were fantastic, but Kara's showdance was terrible; littered with mistakes and the endwent completely wrong yet she scored higher than Matt.
    I think that shows who the judges favoured.

And the British public :D
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I don't think Matt was ever outstanding :o He looked awkward a lot of the time. He was competent, but I never looked forward to his dances.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member
    Good grief - the OP is going to need a bigger pit than they thought!
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    And in this alternative universe I am relaxing on my tropical Worcestershire beach and sipping a rum cocktail whilst waited upon by David Beckham.
  • YadillohYadilloh Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    Good grief - the OP is going to need a bigger pit than they thought!

That's ok as we're all digging ourselves in deeper here :D
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    For the OP, its like shooting fish in a barrel!!! (lol)

Basically - there is a slight flaw in his proposition, in that Kara and Artem had more votes than Matt and Aliona - which curiously made them the winner!!

JJ :D:D
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That, imo, is........just your opinion. :D:D:D