Options

Ben Haenow - cocky, arrogant and full of himself?

Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
Forum Member
Is it only me that thinks Ben is cocky, arrogant and full of himself?

He just seems to have a big chip on his shoulder and think he's above everyone and also feels as if he thinks he's won the show already.

Anyone agree?

Comments

• Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Nah don't get that impression at all

Jay I think on the other hand he seems quite cockyand expects to get through
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree. Seen nothing to suggest this and has also been quoted by a few people to be " the nicest guy in the house". YH REMEBER when Cowell said he chose the wrong song? Ben took it like a pro.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every contestant on the show has actually stated the opposite on Twitter and in interviews They find him supportive and all want him to win when they are knocked out of the competition. People behind the scenes have all tweeted about how nice he is too. Think OP might be clutching at straws here. ;-)
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Disagree. Seen nothing to suggest this and has also been quoted by a few people to be " the nicest guy in the house" .

Yeah this, it has come from several contestants and Louis/Cheryl too that Ben seems to be the one that everyone gets on really well with. :)

To a degree you need some confidence because if you don't you get pretty much what Simon just did to Paul this past weekend, but he doesn't seem arrogant to me just that he is enjoying himself. :)
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely disagree for me he is the completely opposite of that and that is backed up by the contestants who all say he is the nicest in the house and Simon who says he is the one of the nicest contestants he has ever mentored. If he was arrogant the contestants wouldnt want him to win.

Also this is one of the reasons why Ben is my favourite he is very genuine and lovely
  • Options
    commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What?! He seems lovely!
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lve not seen any arrogance in him at all and I'm always n the alert for anyone who thinks they're better than others. I like Ben and I hope either he or Fleur wins.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,296
    Forum Member
    Peter E wrote: »
    Is it only me that thinks Ben is cocky, arrogant and full of himself?

He just seems to have a big chip on his shoulder and think he's above everyone and also feels as if he thinks he's won the show already.

Anyone agree?

Your not the only one, I do too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lve not seen any arrogance in him at all and I'm always n the alert for anyone who thinks they're better than others. I like Ben and I hope either he or Fleur wins.

Ben and Fleur really are supportive of each other. She always has her arm in his when they come out on stage for the results and seem ecstatic for each other when their name is called.
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah don't get that impression at all

Jay I think on the other hand he seems quite cockyand expects to get through

I really like Ben and have done so from day one. I think he would be a good laugh to have in company and he has a great authentic voice to go with his personality.

Jay comes across as being a bit arrogant at times. His voice is OK but I don't see any personality coming across but Simon seems to think he is great.

Fleur is a good performer and her vocals are OK.

Paul has a great strong vocal but Simon has taken a dislike to him lately but let's hope the viewers keep him in for a long time yet
  • Options
    abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    I really like Ben and have done so from day one. I think he would be a good laugh to have in company and he has a great authentic voice to go with his personality.

Jay comes across as being a bit arrogant at times. His voice is OK but I don't see any personality coming across but Simon seems to think he is great.

Fleur is a good performer and her vocals are OK.

Paul has a great strong vocal but Simon has taken a dislike to him lately but let's hope the viewers keep him in for a long time yet

I totally agree with everything you have said
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ben comes across really well personality wise.

It's just his singing that I don't like.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't disagree more OP. I think he's nothing of the sort. He comes across as a normal bloke who is a little bit lacking in confidence if anything.

What is telling is that almost every evicted contestant has said he's the one they want to win which says a lot about his popularity in the house
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I've seen nothing to suggest he's cocky or arrogant. I think this belief that he is might come from the VT of him not liking his song the previous week (similar to Paul's this week). I haven't seen the interviews myself, but if all of the other contestants like him and want him to win, then that is more telling about his personality than a heavily edited VT.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Seems like a nice guy to me. All the contestants love him as well.
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike Ben Haenow So Much! Hes Annoying! Hes Cocky And Has A Horrible Personalty
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on his voice and do not understand his popularity but I wouldnt say he was cocky particularly
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Jay fits the op's description far more than Ben.
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any evidence of cockiness or arrogance from Ben. He comes across as very likeable to me - just a nice bloke making the most of the opportunity he's been given and enjoying every minute of it.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not particularly a fan of him, but to be honest everything you've said OP is just bullshit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lola has just given an interview with Radio Times where she states how genuine Ben is and everyone in the house would miss him if he left.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-11-03/x-factors-lola-explains-that-mic-mishap---and-that-kiss-from-ben-haenow
  • Options
    hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    The only reason I can think of anyone finding him arrogant is that he doesn't have some pathetic sob story and he doesn't shake with nerves (or pretend to) to get sympathy.
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he did call himself "a threat to mel's boys". Let other say that about you, don't say that about them. That was cocky imo. He over sang the line out of Firework like nobody's business. Murdered the song.

Great singer, fun personality but arrogant as well.
    Deserves his place in the competition though
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    What do people base accusations of cockiness on on this forum? Every week someone new is arrogant and full of themselves for literally no reason other than the ones that people are making up in their minds, it's honestly one of the things on here that just confuses me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    People that work on the show say he is lovely.