Options

Sense8 - Netflix Series from the Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/netflix-wachowski-series-sense8-cast-naveen-andrews-darryl-hannah/

This sounds pretty neat actually. Apologies if there's another thread. I did look but couldn't find one.

Comments

• Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/netflix-wachowski-series-sense8-cast-naveen-andrews-darryl-hannah/

This sounds pretty neat actually. Apologies if there's another thread. I did look but couldn't find one.
    Sounds interesting, Netflix have some great shows (OITNB, House of Cards, Lilyhammer etc). Could be another one
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds a bit meh but i am checking it out purely for JMS. He is a brilliant writer and knows how to concieve a very well thought story arc. His work on Babylon 5 was out of this world and he pretty much wrote about 95 per cent of the show.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It's certainly ambitious considering they're taking in eight countries as well.
  • Options
    BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    The cast looks pretty good, but I'm not sure about the premise.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    This sounds interesting but I'm not too sure about the Wachowskis after Cloud Atlas!

However I will still try Sense8 when it's on Netflix!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confirmed to premiere June 5th
  • Options
    Balbinder MannBalbinder Mann Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    The Wachowskis and JMS - I'm not a great fan of either, althoughI liked the imagination and depth of the Babylon 5 storyline (although I had issues with JMS's dialogue and the clunkiness of the scripts).

Hopefully, he can bring that same imagination to this, because the premise sounds banal.

Netflix have a good record with their original series IMO, so hopefully this will be better than average. But I'm not holding my breath.