Netflix Orders Four Original Marvel Series

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Moon Knight is very unlikely to become a TV show anytime soon!

Vision and Scarlet Witch are already going to appear in Avengers 2 so I think they will properly be staying in the Marvel film universe rather than heading into the Marvel TV universe

I guess it depends on the success of these four Netflix shows to see if Marvel bring anymore superheroes to the small screen.Also I guess it depends on what heroes Marvel still own the rights to as well!
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Moon Knight is very unlikely to become a TV show anytime soon!

Vision and Scarlet Witch are already going to appear in Avengers 2 so I think they will properly be staying in the Marvel film universe rather than heading into the Marvel TV universe

I guess it depends on the success of these four Netflix shows to see if Marvel bring anymore superheroes to the small screen.Also I guess it depends on what heroes Marvel still own the rights to as well!

Glad to hear Vision & Scarlett Witch are in the next Avengers movie!

As for ideas 4 netflix...err, Power Pack...? :blush:
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Sorry treasure hunter for my overuse of So at the start of my previous posts and how it offended you!

Where does it say I was offended? I just found it odd.
    Forum Member
    Honestly it wasn't intentional as the posts were done at different times and I didn't realise I had done it untill you pointed it out.I assumed that it had offended you as you had made the effort to post about it!

Anyway back on topic I wonder when we hear about any casting for the other Netflix Marvel shows!
    Forum Member
    Vincent D'Onofrio has been cast as Wilson Fisk in Daredevil
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it wasn't intentional as the posts were done at different times and I didn't realise I had done it untill you pointed it out.I assumed that it had offended you as you had made the effort to post about it!

Anyway back on topic I wonder when we hear about any casting for the other Netflix Marvel shows!

Probably whenever Comic-Con starts in America.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vincent D'Onofrio has been cast as Wilson Fisk in Daredevil

Ah, I think he could actually play a good Kingpin. I had no clue who that actor was until I googled him. I remember him in Law & Order: Criminal Intent and he seems a decent actor, and he can certainly pull off the look of the character (see image below). One thing I will say is, the actor has quite a soft, understated voice if I remember correctly, so he might need to deepen it a bit to make it sound more intimidating in order to really capture the menacing essence of the character.

Here's a pic of D'Onofrio with a shaven head:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Vincent+D%27Onofrio&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=r2qaU7z1HsWxO6D9gNAF&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1143&bih=557&dpr=0.9#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=cjgkNPxw13F8DM%253A%3Bjlgk33qyeBCpJM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww-deadline-com.vimg.net%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F03%252FVincentDOnofrio__130315003330-e1363307644644-200x312.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.deadline.com%252Ftag%252Fvincent-donofrio%252F%3B200%3B312
    Forum Member
    Rosario Dawson has joined Netflix Daredevil TV show
    Forum Member
    Deborah Ann Woll who played Jessica in True Blood has joined Daredevil as Karen Page
    Forum Member
    Its been confirmed at Comic Con over the weekend that Daredevil will be shown on Netflix in May 2015
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been confirmed at Comic Con over the weekend that Daredevil will be shown on Netflix in May 2015

Nice. So Daredevil will be the first one. I'm so curious to see what these shows are going to look like. I'm hoping for high quality production values.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Nice. So Daredevil will be the first one. I'm so curious to see what these shows are going to look like. I'm hoping for high quality production values.

Well, we can assume it will look as good if not better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but looking at some of the CGI in that show, that wouldn't exactly be hard to achieve...

From what I've seen of the Netflix shows as a whole, the production values are very good, so I wouldn't be worried about it looked too bad.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I agree as the Netflix shows that I've seen do look good.Also I can imagine that Daredevil would have a lot less CGI than Agents Of SHIELD does!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I there any news on the other three shows: Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones?

I was under the impression they were all to debut around the same time. Unless, it's been shifted to one show per year.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion I don't know where you read that all the shows were going to be released at the same time but it was wrong.As when the Netflix Marvel shows were first announced it was said that Daredevil would be the first show to air before they moved onto the other shows.Im not sure how long we have to wait for the other shows though!
    Forum Member
    On Saturday 11th October the Daredevil cast will be at New York Comic Con for an Q&A about the show and maybe show some footage.So we might find out some more about the show then!
    Forum Member
    Scott Glenn has joined Netflix Daredevil as Stick
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    I love the idea of Marvel marketing their lesser known (or even less respected) "heroes" for TV shows. They have such a huge selection that will probably never even be considered for their own big screen films. TV, particularly cable and Netflix, would be a perfect fit for them.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix & Marvel do a new deal (if the current deal becomes successful) in 2016 with more superheroes from the Marvel Universe.

I think their competitor, DC, should be a bit more ambitious when it comes to their properties. Other than the few blockbuster films (Man of Steel, Batman) it just feels like they're not doing much with what they have. Like Marvel, they a tremendously rich catalog of superheroes.

Perhaps someone has mentioned this but I just read Fox are going to go for DC comics Lucifer. It looks a like every network wants its own superhero. The trouble with jumping onto a trend is that the viewers may just get sick of it all and turn off.
    Forum Member
    I think with all these comic book TV shows that some will work and some won't like most TV shows.Although they are all not being shown at the same time as shown by these Marvel Netflix shows which only start with Daredevil in May 2015 and the rest will be shown over the next few years!
    Forum Member
    Marvel have released an official photo of Daredevil in the new Netflix show!

Also they announced that Rosairo Dawson is playing Claire Temple who just happens to be a love interest of Luke Cage!
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvel have released an official photo of Daredevil in the new Netflix show!

Also they announced that Rosairo Dawson is playing Claire Temple who just happens to be a love interest of Luke Cage!

From Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/23448/your_official_first_look_at_charlie_cox_in_marvels_daredevil_on_netflix
    Forum Member
    So it seems that Krysten Ritter is playing Jessica Jones
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only really seen her in Breaking Bad so this will be interesting.
    Forum Member
    Yeah that's what Ive seen her in as well but you are right she is an interesting choice!

Rumours that Mike Colter has been cast as Luke Cage and he will appear in some episodes of Jessica Jones!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what Ive seen her in as well but you are right she is an interesting choice!

Rumours that Mike Colter has been cast as Luke Cage and he will appear in some episodes of Jessica Jones!

I would've preferred Henry Simmons.