True Blood - Season 7 (US Pace)

Comments

• XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacob Cullen? Wtf am I going on about? I mean Jasper! D'oh!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Well that's two mains down, and two minors. Makes you wonder who's going to be left come the season final. :o
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Well that's two mains down, and two minors. Makes you wonder who's going to be left come the season final. :o

Dropping like flies! Glad we lost a few of the Hep V vamps as well, they were annoying as hell.

I was quite shocked at Alcides death as just when you thought it was all over that happens, doesn't make up for Tara's really crappy exit though! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    No more naked Alcide!? All thanks to stupid Sukie and her half brained schemes. Why she couldn't have just told him what her intentions were, he might actually still be alive. No doubt this will enable her to get closer to Bill again, afterall she did just confess right before Alcide died that she wasn't as fond of him as he was of her. So no big deal he's out of the picture then! Let's face it, she's never single in that town for long.

The bit where the guru got killed and Sarah was just behind the door bugged me. Why wouldn't they search the entire place looking for her after the guru just told them she was there?

And yeah, Tara's death was the single biggest disappointment in the entire history of character deaths of any series ever made. :D EVER.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »

And yeah, Tara's death was the single biggest disappointment in the entire history of character deaths of any series ever made. :D EVER.

At least it keeps up the tradition of killing lesbians on US TV.

Glad to see Alcide go. The werewolf politics dragged the show down for too many seaons (i.e. any). It was a bit of a shock though.

Anna Camp clearly still has her 'no nudity' clause intact.

The conversation between Sookie and Bill about how the complete blood transfusion made him technically a different vampire might point the way towards saving Eric and curing whatever is wrong with Jessica.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Dropping like flies! Glad we lost a few of the Hep V vamps as well, they were annoying as hell.
    Indeed. The best death ever in this show happened this episode with the death of Maxine Fortenberry. I've been waiting for her to bite it (pardon the pun) for years.
    The bit where the guru got killed and Sarah was just behind the door bugged me. Why wouldn't they search the entire place looking for her after the guru just told them she was there?
    I don't think the Guru told them she was there, only that he knew her.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The conversation between Sookie and Bill about how the complete blood transfusion made him technically a different vampire might point the way towards saving Eric and curing whatever is wrong with Jessica.
    ie; Bill lets them have some of his new blood?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Indeed. The best death ever in this show happened this episode with the death of Maxine Fortenberry. I've been waiting for her to bite it (pardon the pun) for years.

I don't think the Guru told them she was there, only that he knew her.

So they're just going to take his word for it that she isn't there? When a quick peek behind door number 1 would have given them the person they were looking for, it all just seemed a bit silly that they would hightail it out of there without having at least a quick look under the bed!
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw man, Alcide :( I think though his character has been pretty much wasted, especially how they pair him with Sookie, hes too good for her! Never been really interested in his story lines apart from the season he was introduced. It's a shame we won't have his nakedness in future episodes. Although that being said hello Eric's nakedness ;) ahah that wig has got to go though! Hearing him speak French was beautiful :D

I loved the scene of Laffy dancing, it was almost amazing as the scene with Steve Newlin dancing.

Hopefully with Maxine dying it will bring back Hoyt for an episode, as it would be nice to see him before it finishes.

Loved the scene where Eric finally got out of his sick bed, we want evil Eric back!
  • XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the scene of Laffy dancing, it was almost amazing as the scene with Steve Newlin dancing.

OMG yesssss! :D That was hilarious. I love how Lala throws himself into his dancing. If that was me, I'd probably put my back out!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like that, he's dead. LOL

They're dropping like flies.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed with this ep. It seemed like there was about 15 minutes of good old true blood and the rest was padding.

I couldnt care less about the pastor so his ramblings to willa was boring. As was sookies convo with bill in the tree. Love lafayette but even his scene with the vamp dragged on longer than it needed to.

Im glad we might get to see eric back in action, although i got confused with his flashback. The guys who killed the naked woman were the same ones who were after sarah newlin so at least theres something to mull over.

I liked maxines death. Poetry in motion, "you ripped his heart out" and now yours is ripped out too!

Did anyone else feel like it was off? When sookie and bill were in the car i couldnt remember where they were going, as if we had missed a scene. The same with eric. Last we saw was he had hep v so i was expecting more on that rather than launching in with a flashback.

Im hoping next week its back on form.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    At least it keeps up the tradition of killing lesbians on US TV.

Yes, because it's not like straight people are killed on television all the time, just the gay ones.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like that, he's dead. LOL
    They're dropping like flies.
    or (thinking about the deaths of the two main characters) being discarded like dead goldfish flushed down the loo.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I love how Alcide gets shot in the head and in the next scene the bullet hole has suddenly disappeared.

WHY is Sarah back in it???
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that the stuff with Tara's mother actually serves a purpose, and isn't just yet-another-pointless-True-Blood-B-story.

Who were the two minor characters? I can only think of Hoyt's mother.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I hope that the stuff with Tara's mother actually serves a purpose, and isn't just yet-another-pointless-True-Blood-B-story.

Who were the two minor characters? I can only think of Hoyt's mother.

The sheriff that was killed by the infected vampire on the stairs, I think. Kevin was his name. :)
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    or (thinking about the deaths of the two main characters) being discarded like dead goldfish flushed down the loo.

Deaths in True Blood haven't meant anything for a while but this season in particular they don't seem to have any emotional effect with so many, whether it be major, minor characters or those just there for a week. Not even the characters seem too upset....
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to turn fairy sookie into a vampire
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    They really don't need to do that but I wouldn't be surprised if they did though.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more naked Alcide then.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Now that was a great episode. Shame we had to have Alcide be shot in the end but at the same time, Maxine also died, so at least someone loathsome got their just desserts. Hopefully Vince is next.

Nice that the writers finally remembered that Holly is actually a witch. Bummer they didn't bother to let her use her magic to actually save the day instead of being bait.

Sookie had a decent plan, some great scenes with Bill and in general was a strong point of the episode.

Nice to see Nan again in flashbacks. The Eric/Pam/Sylvie stuff in France was pretty good too and it's also nice that Pam acknowledged Tara's true death as well. Shame she's really dead then.

That Japanese group seem like interesting enough antagonists. They've got a connection with Eric and now with Sarah as well. I liked seeing Sarah back for some reason.

Reverend Daniels - I get why he kicked Willa out and he seems like a genuinely decent bloke but at the same time, I felt really bad for Willa.

Not sure about the Lafayette and James stuff but I did enjoy their scenes though.

Why can't Jessica heal herself? Is she next to die?

Overall, that was a marked improvement on the first two episodes, 8/10
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    All thanks to stupid Sukie and her half brained schemes.

At least she kept her knickers on for the whole show, which may be a first. ;-)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sad to see Maxine Fortenberry die this week. She was sassy and took no crap and I loved her for it :D

I think so far though that this is perhaps the worst season of the show. I have found it hard to watch the last 2 episodes and I have lost track of what is happening lol.

The show was fantastic till Bill get resurrected with that Billith nonsense.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I'm loving this last season, everyone was saying it was lame, but then i saw the 3 episodes in a row and I think we have a bit old True Blood back. They are focusing on the characters again instead of just the action.

It's good that it will be over though and they can wrap up things, they should have done it earlier.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Jacob Cullen? Wtf am I going on about? I mean Jasper! D'oh!

What are you on about?! :p He wished!!. Eric is perfection in a bad wig, the other guy is not even good looking. Bad wigs seems to be a recurrent theme for Eric in True Blood.:D