Hollyoaks E4 Daily Thread - Cindy's Dissapeared! - 25/07/14

124»

Comments

• fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't of been rape would of been consensual. If you mean because he may of been older that's sex with a minor not rape. Tony has has sex with a minor so would be the pot calling the kettle black if he had a problem with it.

Sex with a minor is statutory rape because a minor is not able to legally consent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Leela was 13 and he was 17 then that is quite a difference at that age...my bet is that they'll say he was younger, like 15, and throw logic to the wall as usual. Otherwise, I don't see why Sam wouldn't have just had him sent down for sex with a minor.

Sam would not have had him charged with statutory rape because it would have involved Leela in the charge. Not only would her daughter have been involved in an unsavoury courtcase but Leela would have been angry with her parents and it would cause problems within the family, much better to get him fitted up for something else that didnt involve the family and just got rid of the problem!
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex with a minor is statutory rape because a minor is not able to legally consent

In America, not in the UK. Statutory rape is not a legal term in the UK. PP was correct.

Ste was a dick in this episode, it would be understandable if he reacted like that when he found out who Cameron was but not before.

Blessing seems to be helping Maxine now but I was annoyed with her initially when she spoke to Patrick about it - she should never have confronted him about it, it just arouses his suspicions and makes it more difficult for people to help Maxine. Nico on the other hand, was quite good because she made it clear that it was just what she had observed and that Maxine had denied everything. She's a bit impetuous though, so could see her doing something that screws things up for Maxine.

I hope Maxine doesn't leave at the end of this storyline - it would be nice to see her recovery and eventually how she copes in a new relationship.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,645
    Forum Member
    Funny how a 14-year-old girl come in and sees what's going on right away, when Patrick has abused Maxine for many months (feels like years) without people noticing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been an interesting thing, how the irrational Ste hate people feel can affect what they see of what actually happened and what the case really is. It's actually amusing to read.

But if you watched the episode and think he was being an irritating dick, then there's something a bit wrong with you.

He was understandably shocked and frustrated when Tony mentioned he had competition, and so it was also understandable why he was rigid and resentful with Cameron upon there first introduction, but he was in no way rude.
    And then the entire episode, Cameron was goading him with arrogant jokes about his temper and slighted his abilities as a chef, and Tony wasn't really being any more mature and wasn't helping matters. Besides dumping salt in Cameron's dish, there wasn't anything to feel was obnoxious about the way Ste was and how he was behaving. He handled it quite well. I wouldn't expect anyone to be totally cool and collected in such a situation.

And this is all without mentioning the Hollyoaks lack of logic to the entire thing. Not only should Ste be an equal partner in the restaurant, he should be collecting rent from Dennis for the shop, and Tony should not have any authority over whether or not he even has a job there, nor should he be treating someone this way who he thinks of as family and who has done so much for him in the past. He wouldn't even have the restaurant without Ste.

I don't find Cameron charming at all, either. Nor can I appreciate how instantly he has any chef qualifications. Ste had to earn his, under Tony and Dom's tutelage at Ill Gnosh back in the day when he proved to have quite the knack as a cook.

I'm sorry for all the JP stans that are bitter Ste gets more screentime than him and only think he should be poor JP's little boyfriend, or if you just have a burr up your behind where Ste's concerned. But you won't get what you want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    incy wincy wrote: »
    In America, not in the UK. Statutory rape is not a legal term in the UK. PP was correct.

My error - the correct term is "unlawful sexual intercourse" because a minor is not able to legally consent
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iclabon wrote: »
    It's been an interesting thing, how the irrational Ste hate people feel can affect what they see of what actually happened and what the case really is. It's actually amusing to read.

But if you watched the episode and think he was being an irritating dick, then there's something a bit wrong with you.

He was understandably shocked and frustrated when Tony mentioned he had competition, and so it was also understandable why he was rigid and resentful with Cameron upon there first introduction, but he was in no way rude.
    And then the entire episode, Cameron was goading him with arrogant jokes about his temper and slighted his abilities as a chef, and Tony wasn't really being any more mature and wasn't helping matters. Besides dumping salt in Cameron's dish, there wasn't anything to feel was obnoxious about the way Ste was and how he was behaving. He handled it quite well. I wouldn't expect anyone to be totally cool and collected in such a situation.

And this is all without mentioning the Hollyoaks lack of logic to the entire thing. Not only should Ste be an equal partner in the restaurant, he should be collecting rent from Dennis for the shop, and Tony should not have any authority over whether or not he even has a job there, nor should he be treating someone this way who he thinks of as family and who has done so much for him in the past. He wouldn't even have the restaurant without Ste.

I don't find Cameron charming at all, either. Nor can I appreciate how instantly he has any chef qualifications. Ste had to earn his, under Tony and Dom's tutelage at Ill Gnosh back in the day when he proved to have quite the knack as a cook.

I'm sorry for all the JP stans that are bitter Ste gets more screentime than him and only think he should be poor JP's little boyfriend, or if you just have a burr up your behind where Ste's concerned. But you won't get what you want.

BIB It's quite possible that he learned a "trade" whilst in prison and probably worked in the kitchens there. Whilst he wouldn't necessarily have uber fine dining skills he'd probably be very competent and maybe an official qualification.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spikewoman wrote: »
    BIB It's quite possible that he learned a "trade" whilst in prison and probably worked in the kitchens there. Whilst he wouldn't necessarily have uber fine dining skills he'd probably be very competent and maybe an official qualification.

Fair enough, but for them to treat Ste and Cameron as if they're on the same skill level? It's insulting and unnecessary to make them 'share' a job, and in a restaurant Ste should co-own.

I don't care what Cameron's been through, I haven't gone through any of it with him, and I don't care that he has to be something like 8 or 9 years Ste's senior in age. And it doesn't help that he's remarkably well-adjusted and got a shit-eating grin kind of attitude for someone who's spent their prime in prison. He can work his way up from the bottom like anyone would have to. There's no reason he couldn't just take a lower-level position in The Hutch.

But everything's got to be ridiculously plot-driven with this show.
  • ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with most of what you said bar the last section, I don't see any anti Ste comments from a JP side its from Cameron fans, Ste getting his job back is clearly highly linked to Jp's story, clearly one day when Ste is working there JP will go in to see his BF, something will happen and Finn will be there and JP will flinch or something, Ste now knows so will see JP's reaction. Which will be only picked up to those who know what happened and Ste will start to put 2 and 2 together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was only explaining what I know a lot of the Ste hate comes from. I see enough complaining about JP's disappearances and sentiment all but stating that Ste's only good for being the most preferable option for being poor victim JP's boyfriend, to know that's definitely the case.

And now there's you saying that Ste getting his job back is about JP. Lovely.
  • ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was only explaining what I know a lot of the Ste hate comes from. I see enough complaining about JP's disappearances and sentiment all but stating that Ste's only good for being the most preferable option for being poor victim JP's boyfriend, to know that's definitely the case.

And now there's you saying that Ste getting his job back is about JP. Lovely.

I didnt mean it like that

its a soap, limited characters, their plots need to cross over, Ste should never have lost his job there, and should have a say, if we should be cross at anyone in this its Tony or Ste's lawyer, as there should be a partnernship agreement in place. This is Ste's business as well