Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I add some more links to previous post - check those
  • Options
    chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing it don't say is it's weight

how much do 2 AA batteries weigh - what else is there ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry AAA batteries !

The more I read about this the more tempted I am - and I wasn;t even in the market for a new player !

more review info here and better photos, doesn't look quite so garish on that site.

battery life only downside at the mo - still couple of set of Nimh's should sort that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I got one - from Scan ( what a rip of their carriage charges are )
    Unfortunalty still can't give a report on how good it is, cos I can;t burn 8cm disks ! - My Ricoh7083A burner throws a wobbler every time - lucky I got -RW's
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the plunge with the Oracom ORC200 may not be a cd unit but it seems a cracking piece of kit and completely destroys the Creative Muvo (some might suggest thats not tricky)...well worth a punt if your in the market for a plug and play unit that can take ordinary files + mp3s...excellent LCD on it as well...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have now been able to burn 8cm cds ( need a new burner at home now !).

Very happy with sound quality, lcd display good , shows all ID tags so far. rechargables included in price.

Only downside so far is avaiability of 8cm media - Argos seems only/cheapest source for cd-rw - cd-r is available on net but shipping charges etc push it close to argos price for cd-rw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for the record -;
    sources for 8cm cd-rw media
    Argos, Komplett

It seems Sony are skewing the market for these disks somewhat, they use them in one of their cameras - and are trying to charge 7.99 per disk !!

Komplett charge about 70p / disk ( + those damm shipping charges)

Not a bad mark up there - Sony

More favorable reviews here and here
    some of these peeps paid £150 for it - so its current price of £32.90 is a steal