Is Robin Cousins married with children?

13»

Comments

• FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares? - it is irrelevant. He was a brilliant skater - that's how I remember him

Exactly!!!
  • niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I thought I remembered him having to take a short break from DOI a couple of series ago to be with his wife during/after childbirth, but I could be wrong
  • CheshirecheeseCheshirecheese Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i believe that was Nicky Slater some years ago. Robin did take some time off when it was the winter olympics I believe and they had "celebrities" taking his place for a few weeks.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    niki1969 wrote: »
    I thought I remembered him having to take a short break from DOI a couple of series ago to be with his wife during/after childbirth, but I could be wrong

I could be wrong but I think it was actually Nicky Slater you're thinking about as I'm sure his wife gave birth to their child during one of the series can't remember if Nicky actually did miss any shows or not but that was around 2008.

Robin did have time off in 2010 but that was because he was commentating on the Winter Olympics for BBC I believe so they brought in guest judges over a couple of weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Robin gay? where did you find that out? For a long time I have searched the net to find out if he's married and never found any site saying that he's gay.

lol :D:D:D Where were you looking... www.gayskatersnotyetoutthecloset.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    lol :D:D:D Where were you looking... www.gayskatersnotyetoutthecloset.com

LOL Brilliant! Love that post How many followed that link??? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Of course heterosexuals flaunt their heterosexuality all the time, about 90% of trash media output is filled by people 'flaunting' their sexuality.

I think it's weird that people become so defensive about people asking specifically about celebs being gay. I thought that these days it is not necessary to feel defensive, so many celebs are out and it doesn't appear to make any difference to their popularity, far from it. I think the "it's no ones business" defenders are being anti-homosexual by being so protective as though it IS something to hide. Intead of "Is he/she gay?" "Yes" "Oh!" being as trivial a question as "Is X still married to Y?" "No" people come rushing along to say it should not be mentioned and make it into a really big deal.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you on both counts Simon.

A few months ago there was a thread in General Discussion on the subject of what things could be done, or demonstrate that being gay isn't a big deal. One answer was that people wouldn't get over-defensive when a person asks "is x gay/married?" when there is no reason to presume malicious intent from the person asking the question.

There is a world of difference between not using your private life to further your celebrity, or wanting to keep it separate from your public life, compared with trying to keep it top secret. Just because you aren't doing "at home with ..." spreads in Hello magazine doesn't mean you are in the closet and terrified of anyone finding out you have a same-sex partner.

Robin comes across as someone who wants to keep his private life private - not secret.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Yes, I've always thought the defensive "does it matter?" nonsense actually promotes the idea that "gayness" should be hushed up kept secret.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I guess that any publicity is good publicity as the saying goes....
    It is widely assumed that being a male figure skater means that you are gay.
    In my experience as a skater, performer and a coach for many years I learned
    to never assume anything and to ignore those who are consumed by the need
    to gossip and point a finger....remember as you point that finger that the other
    3 are pointing right back at you!
  • MistyBlueEyesMistyBlueEyes Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In one of Rays interviews on DOI all stars he mentions the help Robins husband gave him, he is one of the skating coaches / helpers
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    he is married to a man whether they have kids couldn't say yes or no TBH