Being stood up!

caz06caz06 Posts: 849
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey! Just needed little rant about me being stood up, have been speaking to someone for a few months now, finally met up for a chat and coffee the other day, seemed to get along fine and had a laugh, asked her if she fancied meeting up for a drink, to which she accepted and have got myself looking presentable only to be lead on most of the evening with excuse after excuse, in no way have I been pushy or forward, just general conversations, can't understand if someone's not interested or doesn't want to meet up why they can't e honest , I'm not feeling good about myself right now :(

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »
    and have got myself looking presentable only to be lead on most of the evening with excuse after excuse
    Can you elaborate?
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did she stand you up? expression.:D
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »
    Hey! Just needed little rant about me being stood up, have been speaking to someone for a few months now, finally met up for a chat and coffee the other day, seemed to get along fine and had a laugh, asked her if she fancied meeting up for a drink, to which she accepted and have got myself looking presentable only to be lead on most of the evening with excuse after excuse, in no way have I been pushy or forward, just general conversations, can't understand if someone's not interested or doesn't want to meet up why they can't e honest , I'm not feeling good about myself right now :(

Not sure about this, to me, being stood up means that someone you had arranged a rendezvous with, didn't arrive.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, she turned up, but the evening wasn't a success, or when you say excuse after excuse, did she keep calling or texting, saying I'll be there soon, then traffic is bad, followed by I've broken a heel, etc. etc.?
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's a communication problem.