Will you watch new Top Gear

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched it properly for years but I'd see who they chose to present and give it a go. Clarkson's an irritating git but he works well with May and Hammond so they'd need to get the same sort of on screen banter for it to be a success imo.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like many others I won't be watching it but never did anyway so any inference that new presenters will make it less popular cannot be inferred from this poll. It should either have had more options..
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Like many others I won't be watching it but never did anyway so any inference that new presenters will make it less popular cannot be inferred from this poll. It should either have had more options..
    I'd have said your opinion would be covered by the 'don't take part in a poll you have absolutely no interest in the results of' option.
  • Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare Balding, Stephen Hawking and Diane Abbott should cover most PC bases.

The first two already have shows on two (Claire Balding as a chat show host, really? Do the beeb really think thats going to bring in the ratings? Or has the beeb lost interest in ratings entirely and only care about catering for the PC brigade?) and the other has outside interests i.e. she has a daytime job somewhere else, something called "Parliament" whatever that is.

And no I won't be watching it other than to see just how badly the beeb handles the changeover and watch the ratings plummet like everyone else I imagine.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have voted Yes, but to be honest, not for myself, as I've no interest in male chauvinists playing with "big boys toys", but for my OH who loved the show, but eventually gave up watching because he couldn't stand watching Clarkson's ridiculous antics. He's delighted there's going to be someone else, and would be even happier if J May was replaced as well.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    I'd have said your opinion would be covered by the 'don't take part in a poll you have absolutely no interest in the results of' option.

Well you'd be wrong then. I'd like to say I won't watch it but the change of presenters did not play a part in that.

Unless the boundaries for a poll are clearly established differently then negative or even don't knows are just as important as other responses.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I can't see myself watching a new format as it just won't be the same. It was the stupid, childish banter I loved watching. Knowing a lot of it was tongue in cheek humour was what made me laugh.

It's such a shame this has happened. 😞
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,054
    Forum Member
    Try 'The Classic Car Show' on Thursday 2nd April, 7pm - Channel 5.

Jodie Kidd and Quentin Wilson. I think Jodie Kidd did one of the fastest laps on TG, and Quentin Wilson is brilliant.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quentin Wilson is fine on a straightforward factual car programme, but his style was part of why the old Top Gear faded into obscurity. I can't see him reinventing himself to fit in with Top Gear in its current form.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Yes I will, and so will many of those who claim they won't.

^^ This. First one back will set new ratings record for TG - Guaranteed, and everybody knows it.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    ^^ This. First one back will set new ratings record for TG - Guaranteed, and everybody knows it.

If they show a compilation ep of the rest of the current series I think that would get a huge rating tojo!
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I'll give it a go, I'd given up watching the comedy show a few years back.
    I'm actually into cars though so not really TG's target audience.

Repeat myself here: dipped in a while back to watch Gillian Anderson interview which was OK.
    Hung around for the Motocross piece, looked OK with May doing it until the other 2 were levered in and the shenanigans started.
    Pi$$ed me off so badly I nearly rattled off a moaning post in the TG thread.
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you'd be wrong then. I'd like to say I won't watch it but the change of presenters did not play a part in that.
    You'd like to say you won't watch it? Do you not have control over your own actions?
    Unless the boundaries for a poll are clearly established differently then negative or even don't knows are just as important as other responses.
    yeah, because this poll is THAT important.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »
    Knowing the BBC the new presenters will be Alex Jones, a Black lesbian in a wheel chair and a gay chinese bloke with Ginger hair and a lisp.

Why do people keep coming out with this cack, as a joke it's worn thin as a genuine belief it's thin on facts too.
    Top Gear aired on the BBC FFS, Clarkson's worked on the BBC for 20+ years, they've given him multiple 'vehicles' for his talent over the years, not just car related shows either.
  • Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was losing interest in the current series as it was, it was only a matter of time before I stopped watching.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't watch it no matter who presented it
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly will be.

I predict that the first episode of the next series of TG will have the highest viewing figures of any TG in history & it will be boosted mainly by those people who claim that they won't be watching it with new presenters.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly will be.

I predict that the first episode of the next series of TG will have the highest viewing figures of any TG in history & it will be boosted mainly by those people who claim that they won't be watching it with new presenters.

Or they will be watching just so they can have a good moan.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but then again I didn't watch the old Top Gear either :D
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give the first episode a go, you never know.
    But knowing the BBC and it's positive discrimination the new lineup may be frightening.

Before I get slagged off, lets wait and see which direction BBC take Top Gear.

I think It'll still be shit. The three idiots interaction can not be emulated.
  • fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    as long as its the same format just with out the bigoted orangutan.
  • YorkshireFanYorkshireFan Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    no>:(
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, i won't, i'll just watch the new one the 3 of em will do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted yes, but it'll almost certainly be only the one time.
  • embrascotembrascot Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Knowing the BBC the new presenters will be Alex Jones, a Black lesbian in a wheel chair and a gay chinese bloke with Ginger hair and a lisp.

Awww, not him again. He's in everything.

:p