Options

2014/15 Premier League TV Fixtures Thread

Comments

• Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise it's inconvenient, but considering the money Sky and BT paid for the rights, they should be granted some flexibility in situations like this.

The money supporters pay for season tickets, travel and other associated certainly needs consideration, no?

Sky etc paid for the rights knowing what the situation is; without matchgoing supporters their product wouldn't be worth anything like the amount they paid.

It's a real shame that anyone could argue "inconvenience" for the armchair supporter to the detriment of the matchgoing supporter :)
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sat-ire wrote: »
    The money supporters pay for season tickets, travel and other associated certainly needs consideration, no?

Sky etc paid for the rights knowing what the situation is; without matchgoing supporters their product wouldn't be worth anything like the amount they paid.

It's a real shame that anyone could argue "inconvenience" for the armchair supporter to the detriment of the matchgoing supporter :)

If they announced the games for the penultimate weekend at the end of April, that would stlll give fans time to make travel arrangements.
  • Options
    TLG86TLG86 Posts: 11,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully we'll get the TV picks for weeks 35 to 37 this week. I've done some playing around with the possibility that Sky have first pick in each of the remaining four games. Obviously this assumes that the Packages have been true to their time slots, but so far I believe that there have been:

28 games @ Sunday 16:00/16:15 plus West Ham v Crystal Palace @ Saturday 12:45 that could have been in Package D or E.

16 @ Monday 20:00 plus Arsenal v Sunderland @ Wednesday 19:45 that could have only been in Package E.

If there are four first picks in Package D remaining then seven of the 29 Sunday 16:00/16:15 games selected so far are from Package E. This would mean that 24 of the 26 games in Package E have been used leaving just two for the remaining four weeks.

Listed below are the games in the Sunday 16:00 and Monday 20:00 slots featuring Chelsea and/or Man City. With the exception of Newcastle v Man City in week 1, all of the Sunday 16:00 games are (I assume) from weeks when Sky had first pick and consequently must be in Package D.

Burnley v Chelsea - Monday 20:00
    Man City v Chelsea - Sunday 16:00
    Man Utd v Chelsea - Sunday 16:00
    Stoke v Chelsea - Monday 20:00
    Hull v Chelsea - Sunday 16:00
    Arsenal v Chelsea - Sunday 16:00

Newcastle v Man City - Sunday 16:00
    Man City v Liverpool - Monday 20:00
    Man City v Chelsea - Sunday 16:00
    Man City v Arsenal - Sunday 16:00
    Crystal Palace v Man City - Monday 20:00
    Man Utd v Man City - Sunday 16:00

This means that Chelsea and Man City have been shown in Package E two times and three times respectively, meaning that between them they have three games left in Package E. If Sky did only have two games left in Package E they wouldn't be able to show every Chelsea and Man City fixture as they have selected both teams 17 out of a possible 21 times already.

Sky have claimed that they can show every Chelsea and Man City game in the last four rounds of the season. This might suggest that BT do in fact have one more first pick left. If that were the case then one more of the already selected games in the Sunday 16:00/16:15 slot could have come from Package D leaving one more spare in Package E.

Now I'm not expecting to see Sky select all three of Leicester's games in weeks 35 to 37, but I do wonder if BT are the position that they are going to have to use a first pick on a Leicester game.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think week 37 will be a other couple of weeks or so, they leave the penultimate week later and later each year it seems
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea give the impression that they should have been announced by now

Chelsea v Crystal Palace
    Tickets for this game will not go on sale on Monday 23 March as originally planned.

Ticket information for this match will be released once the May kick-off times and dates have been confirmed by the Premier League.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I have tickets for Arsenal v Swansea May 9th , but cannot book flights etc because I'm unsure if the match is gonna be on TV

Is this match likely to be televised?

Any idea when Sky/Bt will announce the May fixtures?
  • Options
    Gazza1982Gazza1982 Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gazza1982 wrote: »
    Yet according to the Sky Sports website, this match is still live.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/premier-league

Looks like that's wrong.

Per Sky Programme Information website (not publicly available) it's not listed - and SPI appears to be up to date as Villa v QPR IS listed as a Ford Football Special for highlights at 10pm on SS1.
  • Options
    spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tickets for Arsenal v Swansea May 9th , but cannot book flights etc because I'm unsure if the match is gonna be on TV

Is this match likely to be televised?

Any idea when Sky/Bt will announce the May fixtures?
    By the 31st, apparently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    spursboy68 wrote: »
    By the 31st, apparently.

Hopefully , sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    cook0891cook0891 Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one on Chelsea website about tickets not going on sale as originally planned due to TV picks.

Supporters wishing to attend our Barclays Premier League home game against Liverpool, which is currently scheduled for Saturday 9 May, may find the following information useful.

Tickets for this game will not go on sale on Monday 30 March as originally planned.

Ticket information for this match will be released once the May kick-off times and dates have been confirmed by the Premier League.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely no new information on May games will change between last Monday and Easter Saturday

The TV companies surely are not waiting for the Quarter Final Replay to see if they can fit in an extra Liverpool game ???

If so that will be less than 4 weeks notice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    Absolutely no new information on May games will change between last Monday and Easter Saturday

The TV companies surely are not waiting for the Quarter Final Replay to see if they can fit in an extra Liverpool game ???

If so that will be less than 4 weeks notice

Last season I think we got the picks for May on Monday 7 April, so the TV companies could be waiting for the next round of League games before giving us their selections.

If Liverpool make the semi final of the FA Cup I guess Sky could opt to use a pick to show Hull v Liverpool on the Tuesday of the final midweek of the season.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLG86 wrote: »
    Last season I think we got the picks for May on Monday 7 April, so the TV companies could be waiting for the next round of League games before giving us their selections.

Sorry but they're taking the piss now, this is becoming unacceptable.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Sorry but they're taking the piss now, this is becoming unacceptable.

I suppose you know the reasons why it hasn't being announced then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose you know the reasons why it hasn't being announced then.

Well TLG86 and Judio seem to have summed it up and it sounds like they may be waiting on the results of the next round of fixtures and Liverpools cup replay result, thus squeezing the match-going fan even further by giving less and less notice, as we can't sort anything until we know, unless we want to risk losing money. Not acceptable in my book.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We really need some sort of sticky on football related threads that states:
    Before replying please note that the Premier League/FA does not care about match going fans. The things they don't care about include:

- The amount of notice fans get before a tie is confirmed.
    - The amount of money fans have to spend on travel/accommodation
    - Whether fans need to book time off work or not
    - The cost of tickets
    - What time fans have to get up in the morning to make the game.
    - What time fans will get home after a game.
    - Whether there is any public transport available to/from the game.

Why can't everyone just accept this and move on rather than repeating the same posts again and again about trains/notice etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would all be Simpler if they could tell us at the start of season

On ***July the First Set of TV games will be announced

On *** the December Fixtures will be announced
    etc etc

And then force the Broadcasters to stick to a schedule

Then we all know up front

Or is that too easy??
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

etc etc

Or is that too easy??

See my post above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because this thread is always like a kid waiting for Christmas. It is not meant to be a Football Supporters Federation thread though.

You can choose whether you go to the matches or not once you have got all the information. And yes, I do go to matches myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

etc etc

Or is that too easy??

Well obviously you don't know the reasons why the TV fixtures for May has not been announced until now and neither does anyone else on this thread. Do you support a team, and go to matches?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

etc etc

Or is that too easy??

I suspect the powers that be don't want to acknowledge the time constraints on this. If it was part of a press release on the day the fixtures are revealed it would just be another stick with which the press could hit the PL.

It's the same with the 5th round FA Cup replays. They'd rather not acknowledge that fitting them in can be difficult and so they just hope they don't have to deal with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because this thread is always like a kid waiting for Christmas. It is not meant to be a Football Supporters Federation thread though.

You can choose whether you go to the matches or not once you have got all the information. And yes, I do go to matches myself.

No, you mean you can be forced not to go because you can't afford the £80 return train fare which you could have paid £35 for if you'd had the necessary information a little earlier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We really need some sort of sticky on football related threads that states:

Why can't everyone just accept this and move on rather than repeating the same posts again and again about trains/notice etc.

Pray tell us why we should accept it. Are we not entitled to voice our complaints about the sometimes shambolic way we're treated these days??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    No, you mean you can be forced not to go because you can't afford the £80 return train fare which you could have paid £35 for if you'd had the necessary information a little earlier.

Forced not to go?

Do you mean choose not to go?

There is also club coach and the car.