2014/15 Premier League TV Fixtures Thread

Comments

• PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is also club coach

How does that help 'exile' supporters then??
  • stato77stato77 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

:cry:
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pray tell us why we should accept it. Are we not entitled to voice our complaints about the sometimes shambolic way we're treated these days??

Yeah, I understand. It just I see the see the same complaint time and time again and its' annoying because nothing is going to change. It's like getting angry with a bee for stinging you.

I'm sorry but as long as tv rights bring in ten times the revenue of gate receipts then English football isn't going to care about away fans.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The fact that you may not be able to go by club coach does not leave you short of options. You could still go if you wanted to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody should phone the Premier League and put an end to this madness!
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stato77 wrote: »
    Somebody should phone the Premier League and put an end to this madness!

Madness? Really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Madness? Really?

I think your sarcasm detector is on the blink! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I understand. It just I see the see the same complaint time and time again and its' annoying because nothing is going to change. It's like getting angry with a bee for stinging you.

I'm sorry but as long as tv rights bring in ten times the revenue of gate receipts then English football isn't going to care about away fans.

Nothing will change as long as people meekly roll over and accept the crap thrown at them. Protest long and hard enough and maybe eventually something will.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Protest at football does not work in the Premier League

If 1000 supporters boycotted a game the tickets would just be sold to a different set of supporters !!!

The Club would have a full stadium and everyone would still be happy !!!
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a protest by both Arsenal & Liverpool supporters before Saturday lunch time game at the Emirates.
    Organised on Twitter.
    The protest is about ticket prices and fixture times.
    Bet it doesn't get a mention on TV or newspapers.
    At least some off them are trying.
    Me thinks to little to late to influence Sky/BT & owners of PL teams.
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,371
    Forum Member
    So are we expecting announcement next Thursday after the Cup Replay?

Assume Man U and Arsenal winning this weekend will make Liverpool games of less interest as they'll be along way off the top 4, in which case is the replay going to make much difference as why would Sky want to show a postponed Liverpool game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The issue of the Liverpool game also affects a possible Monday night Football on Mon May 18th
    But if they organise it for April 28th then it had no effect
  • TLG86TLG86 Posts: 11,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We (Arsenal fans) have been told that tickets for our trip to Hull - currently scheduled for Saturday, 2 May - will go on sale on Monday, 13 April. Two seasons ago I had to buy a ticket for QPR way before the May picks had been made. In the end the game was played Saturday 17:30, though the ticket had Saturday 15:00 as the kick off time!

I'm guessing Hull are waiting for the picks to be made, so we'll probably get them next Thursday/Friday.
  • spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I assume that if Tottenham v Man City is televised, it will be on Sky, not BT?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    So are we expecting announcement next Thursday after the Cup Replay?

Assume Man U and Arsenal winning this weekend will make Liverpool games of less interest as they'll be along way off the top 4, in which case is the replay going to make much difference as why would Sky want to show a postponed Liverpool game?

With United, Arsenal and Liverpool all playing each other, I think it's going to be unpredictable -til the very end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Gazza1982Gazza1982 Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wacky joe wrote: »
    There is a protest by both Arsenal & Liverpool supporters before Saturday lunch time game at the Emirates.
    Organised on Twitter.
    The protest is about ticket prices and fixture times.
    Bet it doesn't get a mention on TV or newspapers.
    At least some off them are trying.
    Me thinks to little to late to influence Sky/BT & owners of PL teams.

Of course it won't. Do you really think that Sky Sports News, BT and to a lesser extent BBC (as PL rights holders) are going to publicise such a protest when it is effectively those companies what they are protesting about?

I also doubt that both Arsenal and Liverpool as clubs particularly care about this either given that both clubs both have huge waiting lists for Season Tickets. So if people start to boycott games and give up their tickets then there won't be any shortage of takers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So as discussed above the Premier League could have announced all of this last Monday 23rd !!!!

No reason to wait the extra 10 days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And BT have finally picked Leicester !!!

And we are left with only 3 games on Sky which should all be on Sunday May 24th
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    It must be so difficult for these fans to have a gun pointed at their heads in order to attend football matches at 1245 Saturday or 1600 Sunday....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Sky can pay for extra games to show on the final day? I'm thinking in terms of the race for CL places. Is it always three the maximum?
  • CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TLG86 wrote: »
    We (Arsenal fans) have been told that tickets for our trip to Hull - currently scheduled for Saturday, 2 May - will go on sale on Monday, 13 April. Two seasons ago I had to buy a ticket for QPR way before the May picks had been made. In the end the game was played Saturday 17:30, though the ticket had Saturday 15:00 as the kick off time!

I'm guessing Hull are waiting for the picks to be made, so we'll probably get them next Thursday/Friday.

Those tickets aren't on sale at our end either (Hull fan) but confirmed to have been moved to Bank Holiday Monday 4th May at 8pm now.
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you'd expect, a very strong May for Sky. They're showing five of the big six in all three rounds and have four games in each. In contrast it's a low key finish for BT as they are left to pick up the scraps.

Quota-wise, BT finally get their fill of Leicester in the first round of May. We can only speculate (and indeed have done to death!) on the situation surrounding this selection, but I believe it was a fourth pick for BT and that they were free to show their missing Leicester game in any of the three rounds. In a hypothetical world where Sky tried to cover Leicester in every round I think the PL would have stepped in and prevented it.

From Sky's perspective, their total showings of the big six are as follows (max 21):

Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd - 20
    Liverpool - 18
    Arsenal - 17
    Tottenham - 11

It's gone as you may expect really. There's not much wastage, with the two title contenders and Man Utd on course for maxing out. Liverpool and Arsenal are a couple short but it is generally the case that at least two teams fall short every season.

I have to agree with those who are unhappy about the timing of this announcement. I can completely understand Sky and BT wishing to hold off for as long as possible to ensure they don't have any dead rubbers, but since we're in an international break there aren't really any excuses for taking so long. This could have been dealt with early on last week, giving more time for fans to make arrangements.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    I have to agree with those who are unhappy about the timing of this announcement. I can completely understand Sky and BT wishing to hold off for as long as possible to ensure they don't have any dead rubbers, but since we're in an international break there aren't really any excuses for taking so long. This could have been dealt with early on last week, giving more time for fans to make arrangements.

I'm glad someone actually sees our point of view, as opposed to telling us to shut up and stop complaining!