Options

Great films that sound dull on paper.

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Spacedone wrote: »
    The Shawshank Redemption - Banker goes to prison for 30 years.

Oh wait you asked for movies that sound dull, not movies that sound like they'd never happen in the real world.

He gets sent to prison for a murder, not a financial crime, so that part is more than plausible.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Lawrence of Arabia: almost four hours of a man walking and fighting in a desert with no love interest- indeed not a woman in sight.

Brief Encounter: two people meet at a train station, contemplate an affair but decide not to.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wendy and Lucy
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    Lawrence of Arabia: almost four hours of a man walking and fighting in a desert with no love interest- indeed not a woman in sight.

Brief Encounter: two people meet at a train station, contemplate an affair but decide not to.

.... a Close Encounter of the 2nd Kind
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Clerks
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Clerks

"Cat shits in litter tray" :D
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw the title of this thread I immediatley though of Apoclaypto, its a bloody masterpiece for my money, never has a film felt like it transported to another time and place quite like that one.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seabiscuit - a racehorse does some racing
  • Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Terminal & Catch me if you Can sounded like complete borefests (and the trailers didn't help), then I watched them (because I friend urged me to give them a go) and liked them.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    While it doesn't sound that boring, i've always found this description of The Wizard Of Oz as highly amusing:

"Transported to surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again"
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    While it doesn't sound that boring, i've always found this description of The Wizard Of Oz as highly amusing:

"Transported to surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again"
    That sounds like a great film. You'd actually be disappointed when you watched it.