Options

Guess what? UK turns into Saudi Arabia and Iran

CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
Forum Member
✭✭
Last time I checked, I was in Britain; can you believe the nerve of the Government ? - they seem to be following the ways of the very countries they condemn (for their discrimination against the sexes)

Hypocrisy much ? :cool:

Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has pledged to fine NHS hospitals for failing to end the use of mixed-sex wards as part of a renewed drive to tackle the long-running issue.
The Cabinet minister said he was not prepared for hospitals to be paid for providing a "sub-standard" service and patients had the right to dignity and privacy.

"Our expectation is that all hospitals across the country should declare that they are now compliant with the criteria for only putting patients into single-sex accommodation, except where there is an emergency reason to do so," he told BBC Breakfast.

"We will make it clear in the new year that every hospital will report on their compliance with the new standards on single-sex accommodation".

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101215/tuk-hospital-fines-for-mixed-sex-wards-6323e80.html

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Nothing to do with discrimination! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Oh dear...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Nothing to do with discrimination!

I think you'll find it is.

Example : women from Saudi or Iran say they want separate wards; the 'democratic' nations of the world go nuts and cry 'discrimination'.

Then somehow, one of these nations ask for the same; the world rejoices :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    That's not discrimination, it can be pretty embarrassing for patients being treated in one of those old fashioned wards which are full of strangers, probably more so when it's mixed.
  • Options
    WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    Example : women from Saudi or Iran say they want separate wards; the 'democratic' nations of the world go nuts and cry 'discrimination'.

Did they? When? Got a link?

Seems your whole thread's premise is based on the answer to this...
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Then somehow, one of these nations ask for the same; the world rejoices :cool:

Really? Have you got any links to this?

It's common sense. Not discrimination. Women do not want to be on the same wards as men.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    You don't have the first clue what you are talking about do you ?

Being treated in a mixed sex ward is a genuine problem for lots of people - both male and female. It's all about preserving what little scrap of dignity you have left when you are being treated in hospital.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a single sex ward. Does that mean I discriminate against women?
  • Options
    GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the OPs record in Politcs I'd have thought he'd welcome the UK becoming like Iran. Then we can supply terrorists with weapons to kill civilians on the grounds they're Jewish.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used a single sex toilet the other day. It's like the Taliban have started running the place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graathus wrote: »
    Given the OPs record in Politcs I'd have thought he'd welcome the UK becoming like Iran. Then we can supply terrorists with weapons to kill civilians on the grounds they're Jewish.

I was thinking he'd be all for it.
  • Options
    kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    No discrimination here.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    I used a single sex toilet the other day. It's like the Taliban have started running the place.

Tell the Mail immediately.
  • Options
    nickyislady_tnickyislady_t Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

WokStation wrote: »
    Did they? When? Got a link?

It's been years since the women of countries such as Iran and Saudi campaigned for their right to have separate 'spaces' (not just in hospitals, but schools, universities etc..).

Why does the 'free' world chastise them for that, yet blatantly does the same when they feel like it ? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I walked into a womens changing room at the swimming pool the other day..ended up getting arrested for it. All I wanted was a dry, warm place to get into my speedo, but apparently we live in some Islamic republic now. Ridiculous.

You know whos sanctioned all this dont you? The PC liberals and their hippy lawyers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We already are why don't we have mixed sex toilets? Mixed sex boxing? Mixed sex stripper bars?
  • Options
    tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would think patients would have bigger fish to fry than looking for singles sex. Cant some people put a bluddy cork in it?
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, how on earth have you managed to twist yourself into this epic contortion of fail?
  • Options
    WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been years since the women of countries such as Iran and Saudi campaigned for their right to have separate 'spaces' (not just in hospitals, but schools, universities etc..).

Why does the 'free' world chastise them for that, yet blatantly does the same when they feel like it ? :cool:

I'm still waiting for you to show where the world cried "discrimination". Your point kinda hinges on it, surely?
  • Options
    truantmusetruantmuse Posts: 8,683
    Forum Member
    If I was ill in hospital, and was debilitated enough to be on a drip and needing the bed pan or a catheter, I would not be comfortable in a mixed sex ward (heck I wouldn't even be comfortable in a same sex ward). It's bad enough being poked and prodded by doctors and nurses without having to share it with the rest of the world around you. Privacy and dignity are the key words here, as mentioned in the link.

Don't see what Saudi Arabia or Iran have to do with something so intensely personal to me, my body and my sense or privacy. You seem to clutching at straws in your personal prejudiced agenda OP. Talk about a slippery slope of an argument - coming across as a bit silly and irrational now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I walked into a womens changing room at the swimming pool the other day..ended up getting arrested for it. All I wanted was a dry, warm place to get into my speedo, but apparently we live in some Islamic republic now. Ridiculous.

You know whos sanctioned all this dont you? The PC liberals and their hippy lawyers.

You actually may have a point there. ToB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    I agree it's retarded but it's not like they're stoning people to death for looking lustfully at someone else's wife.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You actually may have a point there. ToB.

I await your topic! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Back to the confines of Politics section for CXC3000.The oxygen heavy atmosphere of General Discussion is a little too much excitment