American Horror Story. FX UK pace (Spoilers in tags please)

ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just thought I'd add this thread as the other one is horribly spoiler filled.

Enjoy!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caugh the first episode their, what a weird show! Not entirely sure what to think.

Definately interesting, well interesting enough to make me want to tune in again next week, but i feel like acting (especially by the two leads) isn't great.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a decent episode.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Anytime this morning (ad and DOG free) for those that missed it or haven't watched last night's yet.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This new series slipped in under the radar on FX last night and it looks pretty good. It also has the most unsettling title sequence ever..including True blood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    On Anytime this morning (ad and DOG free) for those that missed it or haven't watched last night's yet.

The version on Anytime on my box(HD) is full of sound dropouts every couple of seconds. I normally watch the AT versions if available but this is unlistenable, so gone with the FXHD transmission.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    yup, missed the first 20 minutes so will catch it after The walking Dead on Friday night.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll enjoy it, I've been following it at US pace. :)

I agree about the title sequence, it's really atmospheric. It's strange to think this is the guy behind Glee! :D (which I also love, by the way).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on Anytime this morning.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great start to this Spooky new Drama....I wouldn't buy the House....and the Neighbours..... from Hell.

Tate needed Help, and not just from Ben...same with the Daughter, Violet.
    Did feel at the end, it was all going Rosemary's Baby:eek:....who was that guy...in the Latex/Rubber.

Great to see Denis O'Hare, in this too.

Oh yeah, I prefer the Younger Moira.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The version on Anytime on my box(HD) is full of sound dropouts every couple of seconds. I normally watch the AT versions if available but this is unlistenable, so gone with the FXHD transmission.

Yeah mine was the same, skys ongoing audio problems are become a big joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it taped! Really looking forward to it actually, it's had good reviews and when I seen the trailer a few weeks ago I though "Oh yes please!" I love me a good horror/suspense thing :)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Hmm. The pilot ep of AHS was a mixed bag.

Pros:
    *The actors playing the Mom (Connie Britton) and the
    hippie-ish daughter (Taissa Farmiga) were good.

Jessica Lange. Her character was brilliantly bitchy and
    straight of Sunset Boulevard.

The general weirdness. The ghosts are a gimp suit and a sexy French
    maid (the "Haunted Sex Shop", anyone? ;) ).
    It seems the house has an interesting history, which could make a good story. I liked the
    idea that the dad
    sees the maid as a gorgeous girl, whereas the others see a cross-looking old woman.

Cons:

* The dad (Dylan McDermott) came across as dull and uninteresting.

*The story was too crammed, e.g, By the end of this episode, the dad's patient had gone from
    Columbine-esque psycho to
    daughter's Shangri-La's boyfriend to possessed
    freak.
    . :confused: It's like they used up all their interesting
    ideas in the pilot.

*The editing was choppy and irritating.

*What's it about? Is it a "Don't look now?" style horror
    for TV? A campy soap with horror element (like "Dark Shadows"?) Where's the focus?

2/5
    I'll see if it improves next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    But its also the guy behind Nip/Tuck, so that was kind of bizzare!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I liked it, even though it didn't seem to have a single original idea and was full of every haunted house horror movie cliche in the book. I also have doubts that it'll manage to sustain it's story over the course of 13 episodes (or longer if it gets a second season) without getting "samey", most haunted house horror movies barely last 90 minutes afterall. Despite that, it WAS fairly well done, i did enjoy it, and i will be back next week.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I liked it, even though it didn't seem to have a single original idea and was full of every haunted house horror movie cliche in the book. I also have doubts that it'll manage to sustain it's story over the course of 13 episodes (or longer if it gets a second season) without getting "samey", most haunted house horror movies barely last 90 minutes afterall. Despite that, it WAS fairly well done, i did enjoy it, and i will be back next week.

A second season has already been ordered.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I like what they did wit the maid looking different.

Certainly there was enough to come back for more next week.
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I saw the first episode, i am hooked. Considering it was the first episode i thought there would be a slow build up but loads happened, Jessica Lange was awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    well it proper scared me, shuddering at the thought of those ghosty twins!
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved it - i didn't think i would but it was really good and I am resisting the temptation to watch it online so i can watch it with hubby.
  • dicky123dicky123 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I just came across this on Anytime. Really, really loved it. Some nice, original touches. Jessica Lange is fantastic. Really looking forward to next week :) Already so many questions I need answered.
  • philleesphillees Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I too really enjoyed the first episode, everything the trailer led me to believe.
    I'm a little surprised to read a few of you not knowing anything about it, but then again am I. It's been advertised a lot on the FX channel for a few months now without actually giving a start date till of late, and if you don't normally watch this channel then ya, I can see how it could be missed. Although this is just another great FX program so I'd be surprised if you don't watch anything else on this channel.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a mess of a pilot, but that's ok, I never judge a series by its pilot so will keep watching and see if it improves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wasn't it!! And my wife had copied it to the planner and deleted the FX HD one!!

Oh well, catch the Friday repeat.
  • sallsall Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One episode and I'm hooked! Can't wait for the next one.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is that is started on UK tv now then? i think we need to make sure everyone watching US pace needs to make sure we dont give away whats happening to those watching UK pace