BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    What exactly have you been having problems with :confused:

bbci downloading, and playing videos :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Yes i read about this in the Metro this morning, seems that she would be classed as an organizer as the supplier of the cheeses and so as you rightly say would be found liable if anyone got injured. Seems crazy doesnt it - she's been doing it for 25 years and they never stopped her before!
    Don't think she would be prosecuted for a minute, if she isn't the organiser then thats that, as a cheese supplier, that as far as it goes.
    The police frankly are just trying to stop the show.

She would never be charged, lots of people are injured with knives and guns but no knife or gun manufacturer has been prosecuted.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    bbci downloading, and playing videos :)

Oh right, dunno about that, i have no probs watching the beeb vids on FF? But i have been having problems with the shockwave flash add-on on DS, keep getting an error message, no idea why:confused:
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    I thought they went in for plastic surgery a while after the trauma, they can't do it on an injured person surely.

Think the Police are just trying to scare her, it's the DPP that prosecutes, and they wouldn't prosecute her for making cheese.
    They just don't want to attend.
    Oh well that makes sense. I thought they would be whisked straight through to surgery.
    Yes i read about this in the Metro this morning, seems that she would be classed as an organizer as the supplier of the cheeses and so as you rightly say would be found liable if anyone got injured. Seems crazy doesnt it - she's been doing it for 25 years and they never stopped her before!
    Health and safety hadnt gone bananas before :D
    Don't think she would be prosecuted for a minute, if she isn't the organiser then thats that, as a cheese supplier, that as far as it goes.

She would never be charged, lots of people are injured with knives and guns but no knife or gun manufacturer has been prosecuted.

I think you are right. They probably dont have a hope in hell of prosecuting her.
    More than enough English traditions have been lost already and they should be trying to preserve them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure that being prosecuted would be the main worry, more likely the prospect of being sued by anyone injured:confused:
    Forum Member
    I am not sure that being prosecuted would be the main worry, more likely the prospect of being sued by anyone injured:-confused:
    Do you think she can be sued for making cheese, don't think so.

Brewers don't get sued for making beer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for just making it but for supplying it for the express purpose of rolling down that hill - at least that seems to be what the Police are suggesting (imo)
    Forum Member

But drug pushers are sometimes charged with manslaughter i think?
    Forum Member
    Not for just making it but for supplying it for the express purpose of rolling down that hill - at least that seems to be what the Police are suggesting (imo)

Surely people can do what they like with their own cheese?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely people can do what they like with their own cheese?

But if she supplies it to a "public" event at which people are hurt then she becomes an accessory - in this day and age when the world becomes evermore litigious, its not something to think likely of:o
    Forum Member
    But if she supplies it to a "public" event at which people are hurt then she becomes an accessory - in this day and age when the world becomes evermore litigious, its not something to think likely of:o

Maybe every hill roller should each contribute a penny and BUY the cheese from her?
    Forum Member
    Alex Scott TV ‏@MercianMedia 55m

The last message he sent me said "Good Luck. See you in Elstree soon mate". We'll be there, buddy. I'm sure you'll be there somewhere too.

Alex Scott TV Alex Scott TV ‏@MercianMedia 56m

Utterly devastating news today that one of our Big Brother camera operators passed away yesterday. I'm completely shocked and numb.
    Forum Member
    But drug pushers are sometimes charged with manslaughter i think?
    They aren't eating the cheese.
    They are using it as a toy.
    Forum Member
    They are there because they want to be, they know the risk.
    No way would the maker or supplier of the cheese be charged.
    Forum Member
    They aren't eating the cheese.
    They are using it as a toy.

I think they should be able to do what they like with their own cheese. It wont come as a surprise to anyone that if they hurtle down a hill at seventy miles an hour they may possibly be hurt so i would think it was obviously "at their own risk" and the police should butt out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex Scott TV ‏@MercianMedia 55m

The last message he sent me said "Good Luck. See you in Elstree soon mate". We'll be there, buddy. I'm sure you'll be there somewhere too.

Alex Scott TV Alex Scott TV ‏@MercianMedia 56m

Utterly devastating news today that one of our Big Brother camera operators passed away yesterday. I'm completely shocked and numb.

How sad that is :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are there because they want to be, they know the risk.
    No way would the maker or supplier of the cheese be charged.

They shouldn't be, i agree, just saying i can see how they might........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should be able to do what they like with their own cheese. It wont come as a surprise to anyone that if they hurtle down a hill at seventy miles an hour they may possibly be hurt so i would think it was obviously "at their own risk" and the police should butt out.

Well they should butt out, but they do like to have their say don't they:confused::D
    Forum Member
    How sad that is :-(
    Very Sad, thats going to upset the staff.
    Forum Member
    Very Sad, thats going to upset the staff.

Yes. It will be a difficult day for them when filming starts.
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Are they the same people who condemn cats and dogs as pets but they have never actually owned one
    touche! Nice one Flora!:D:D
    Don't equate BB to cats and dogs, Dogs kill many people and children and mess the country parks and walkways.

Cats roam the streets day and night looking for somewhere to make a mess, uncontrolled.

Hicky, I'm pretty sure people kill many more people than cats and dogs do, and we are all picking up after our dogs now anyway..:sleep:
    @chantellehought sizzles at her new dating website launch #fabulous!! #smokinghot @easilocks goddess!! Xxx
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BK9mMoZCQAEzwIF.jpg

Wow, she sure scrubs up well.
    Don't you mean "photoshops, or airbrushes"here?:rolleyes:
    I agree she does look very nice.
    [QUOTE=honeythewitch;66055724

Did you see the article in the news about the cheese rolling competition? The police told the lady who makes the cheeses not to provide them because she would be personally responsible for any injuries or death. :

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/gloucester-cheese-rolling-2013--police-ban-cheese-wheel-cooper-s-hill-double-gloucester-diana-smart-133143758.html#wvk3XZJ[/QUOTE]
    Is the world going stark, staring bonkers??:mad:
    minkski wrote: »
    Since I updated my Firefox I have been having problems again- IIRC someone (I think Moots) told me to do something with a setting involving real player??? I would be grateful to be told again what I need to do
    *laughs hysterically* nooo I don't think that would have been me, minks! I know nothing...:o
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Morning SR :D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member