Best comfort food for a cold?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Im not well and want to have some nice comfort food to eat but can't think what I wan't. What do you comfort eat when your not well?

Comments

• curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I,m not hungry or have a sore throat then its always been heinz chicken soup, my Mum always gave me that when I was a child. Otherwise its stodgy food like bangers & mash, cottage pie or sausage casserole and mash.

Get well soon
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I love mashed potato, or fish & chips when I'm feeling a wee bit crap. Always does the trick ;)
  • GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brandy
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww get well soon Beefy.

Chicken soup, mashed potatoes or fish finger sarnies does me, and a coffee made with milk just before bedtime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks:) I am thinking cheesy mash. I want to pick at things to so im going to make sausage rolls and cheese and pickles. I was going to make a fry up but its too much hard work to think of , I want to just veg out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    If I,m not hungry or have a sore throat then its always been heinz chicken soup, my Mum always gave me that when I was a child. Otherwise its stodgy food like bangers & mash, cottage pie or sausage casserole and mash.

Get well soon

Ditto.
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Chicken vindaloo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks:) I am thinking cheesy mash. I want to pick at things to so im going to make sausage rolls and cheese and pickles. I was going to make a fry up but its too much hard work to think of , I want to just veg out.

What's that phrase again? Starve a flu, buffet a cold?:D
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snap with the heinz chicken soup. Must be a mum thing when we were all poorly as kids.

You do need a couple of slices of white bread to help make you feel better as well. :) (either to float in the soup or just to dunk)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    What's that phrase again? Starve a flu, buffet a cold?:D

:D Maybe I should add tortilla chips and dip then
  • littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soup or Stew

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    Calves' foot jelly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Calves' foot jelly!

I saw that on GBBO. Bleurgh to victorian trifles. I love trifle too. Thank you to the wellwishers:):):)
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something hot but light, that takes little effort to make. Tinned soup or pasta usually, or even just a couple of slices of buttered toast.

Get well soon, OP.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    I'd suggest a tasty (but not too hot) curry with rice.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I love mashed potato, or fish & chips when I'm feeling a wee bit crap. Always does the trick ;)

There's something not quite right about that answer.:rolleyes:
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought the chicken soup was an old wives' tale, but it really isn't. I find that homemade chicken and veg soup provides immediate relief when ill, for about an hour or so. OP, try and get someone to make you some and bring it to you?

Other than that, now is the time for junk food, eat anything to get your strength up. I normally have someone looking after me when ill, so I send them to McD's, Greggs, etc. I also order Chinese food.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh Im going to have to get someone to bring me some greggsnuts tomorrow. They are the greggs version of cronuts
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    When I'm feeling under the weather I like bacon sarnies with a hot sweet mug of tea, cheese on toast, Heinz beans and sausages on toast, rice pudding with strawberry or blackcurrant jam, porridge with syrup, and my favourite, dunking toast (Warburtons Crusty) into a mug of milky coffee.

If I have a cold Paloma 4 ply pocket tissues from Home Bargains are great 'cause they're really soft (and strong).

Hope you feel better soon.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    There's something not quite right about that answer.:rolleyes:

:confused:
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrambled egg on toast and/or soup. A banana between meals and lots of water.
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for the heinz chicken soup. It goes hand in hand with a cold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    For me it has to be Heinz tomato soup with Dairylea sandwiches on white bread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just browsing my books for a specific recipe (unrelated) and found this
    http://366recipechallenge.planetsquirrel.co.uk/2012/03/lorraine-pascales-duvet-day-chicken.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    :confused:

Don't worry
    :o