Laughing cow cheese triangles light

Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I find these great. Superb for adding to a salad if ones trying to cut down on the calories, just 25 cals a pop.

They're well tasty too, I eat the blue cheese ones on their own.:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Love triangles, but I tend to just eat them standalone or on a cracker. How do you add them in your salads, just as a bit on the side or do you incorporate somehow?
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Specktater wrote: »
    Love triangles, but I tend to just eat them standalone or on a cracker. How do you add them in your salads, just as a bit on the side or do you incorporate somehow?

As a weight watcher I find freezing them and then grating them over your food is a great way to incorporate the flavour into either salads or jacket potatoes. :)
    Forum Member
    Cool, ty, I wouldn't have thought of freezing them! Off to sling a couple in the freezer for tomorrow :)
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    As a weight watcher I find freezing them and then grating them over your food is a great way to incorporate the flavour into either salads or jacket potatoes. :)

ooh thats a good idea

never knew they had blue cheese ones either.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else eat their cheese triangles by biting a whole in a corner and then squeezing it out?

or is that just me?? :o:o

(but they taste better that way!)
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Specktater wrote: »

I do both, sometimes on the side, sometimes mixing it in a little, though it's nothing too exotic. I just find they add a good bit of taste and texture to a salad when trying to cut the cals. At just 25 cals a go they add so much I find. I like the stronger blue cheese ones as you get more bang for your buck.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    Anyone else eat their cheese triangles by biting a whole in a corner and then squeezing it out?

or is that just me?? :o:o

(but they taste better that way!)

I used to do it as a kid, not nowadays though.

I'd forgot about that though, might give it a go. :)
    Forum Member
    I don't like blue cheese, so I've never tried them. I wish that seriously strong spreadable would bring out a triangle pack (or some other method of individual portions), I really like it, but can't eat a whole tub by myself before it goes off.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do eat a lot of the extra light ones. They have a large amount of protein for a small number of kcals.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    I squidge them up with Marmite on sesame Ryvita.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Blue ones are flipping marvellous!
  • dgi_mdgi_m Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Emmental ones for me
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    They're all nice but I use the lighter ones on my toast as they're low in fat & I'm on a virtually fat free diet.
    Sometimes I ring the changes and spread a little Marmite over too.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on most processed foods, and I love 'real' cheese, but I must say I have a weakness for cheese triangles. I will happily scoff them just on their own, but one of my favourite snacks is a triangle spread on half a toasted sesame bagel.

Never seen the blue cheese ones - must keep an eye out for them.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I,ve been using phily light but will give these triangles a go, people at my ww meeting were also saying they were good.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they actually contain anything that is even similar to cheese, or is it simply fat and flavouring?
  • cromerladcromerlad Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's an awesome tip, thank you :)

The blue cheese triangles are the best!
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tried the Laughing Cow Light knock-off that Lidl's do? What are they like? Wasn't brave enough to buy a pack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I like spreading them on bread with ham and then sticking it in the toasted sarnie maker.... yummy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    25 kcal per portion :):):).. Brilliant! will buy these next time .
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put a couple in a the micro with a little milk and zap for a few seconds - mix then zap until melted and use as a low fat cheese sauce. Keep your eye on them as they don't need much time.
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Junk food for children, I wouldn't touch them myself.

In France they're know as "La vache qui rit".