Options

3rd Birthday Scores Well in Japan

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
Forum Member
✭✭
Gets a 10, 9, 9, 8 from Famitsu reviewers - looks like the best PSP game for 2011.

http://n4g.com/news/664723/famitsu-review-scores

Comments

• Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The PSP section should just be renamed "Goffee" :p, so dude what's your take on the PSP being the second most pirated games system out there? PC is number one of course, but in console terms, the PSP is pirated more than the likes of the Wii, the PS2, the Nintendo DS, etc, some real eye opening figures on this thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    so dude what's your take on the PSP being the second most pirated games system out there?

Old news really, same thing happened to the Dreamcast... enough to make Sega quit hardware. The fact that PSP survives today and the PSP2 is coming means that Sony is willing to put up with piracy to play in this market and can hopefully eradicate the problem be it through all-digital or some disc-to-console embedding code.
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    The PSP section should just be renamed "Goffee" :p, so dude what's your take on the PSP being the second most pirated games system out there? PC is number one of course, but in console terms, the PSP is pirated more than the likes of the Wii, the PS2, the Nintendo DS, etc, some real eye opening figures on this thing.

I'm pretty sure the DS has been pirated just as much, if not more because all you need to do is buy a flashcard for about £15 and away you go. PSP isn't as simple, especially as the 3000 and Go aren't cracked (only the 1000 and 2000 models).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wash wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the DS has been pirated just as much, if not more because all you need to do is buy a flashcard for about £15 and away you go. PSP isn't as simple, especially as the 3000 and Go aren't cracked (only the 1000 and 2000 models).

That's not what the charts say, the PSP is the second most pirated gaming device out there, the DS actually pales in comparison as that's further down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's not what the charts say, the PSP is the second most pirated gaming device out there, the DS actually pales in comparison as that's further down.
    If you take into account the amount of DS units sold to that of the PSP, I'm sure there are more pirated DS's out there overall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway...

Nice looking game! Sort of like Sin & Punishment with an Agent Smith-style body-jumping mechanic thrown in as well!

Youtube Video

The PSP is still hanging in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you take into account the amount of DS units sold to that of the PSP, I'm sure there are more pirated DS's out there overall.

There really isn't, looking at DS Piracy Downloads and PSP Piracy Downloads, there are nearly triple the amount of Piracy downloads of PSP software compared to the DS.

As you said, taking into the account the DS has sold a lot more units, it just makes it look even more shocking for the PSP.
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    These figures come from the consolidated piracy database then do they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Th+ere really isn't, looking at DS Piracy Downloads and PSP Piracy Downloads, there are nearly triple the amount of Piracy downloads of PSP software compared to the DS.

As you said, taking into the account the DS has sold a lot more units, it just makes it look even more shocking for the PSP.

Have you any actual figures that backup these claims of more yours? There are no official figures that show the ratio of PSP games have been downloaded more than DS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you any actual figures that backup these claims of more yours? There are no official figures that show the ratio of PSP games have been downloaded more than DS.

Erm, yes there has, Here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How does some numbers regarding public torrents relate to all the other ways to pirate games on the internet? And all the street vendors in certain countries selling pirated carts by their millions?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does some numbers regarding public torrents relate to all the other ways to pirate games on the internet? And all the street vendors in certain countries selling pirated carts by their millions?

I would have thought that UMDs being proprietary would be hard to dupe as physical copies, unless the pirates had access to a Sony factory... Most piracy has to be digital, although I am happy to be corrected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's what I was getting at, out in the real world the DS will be seeing far more piracy than the PSP. The numbers given above are largely meaningless.