✭✭✭
    .if you can get it back from your little cousin :):D

not much chance of that i reakon...:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

i'm off to my folks for new year, i won't be gone completely from the forum, but probably restricted to popping in briefly late evening time.

Have a nice time, happy new year!
    never post on a forum when your drunk...;)

Why should I break the habit of a lifetime? Hic. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone else saw it, but BBC2 just had the Patrick Troughton guest appearance in The Goodies from around 1971.

Brilliant stuff and Patrick had his bonkers performance dial turned up to 11.

If it's Youtube anywhere, I'd recommend any Pat fans to have a look.

Just checked:
    It's "The Goodies - Rat Fink Petal" which has his bit on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least you've got a sonic screwdriver.....if you can get it back from your little cousin :):D

I could do with a sonic screwdriver now to fix my computer - it was running as slow as a snail :mad: Thankfully it's started working again, I was about to hit someone...I mean something!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am feeling in a misguided mood tonight, i think i will misguidedly attempt to defend the right of the Sixth Doctor to wear brightly coloured clothes. Or is that going too far?

Oh my....what the hell has happend for you to say that????:eek:
    it's starting to remind me of the DT tribute i did just before he left the series, remember the months i spent fine-tuning that? This is like that, only on acid!

lol, at least then you had four series's to deal with...what the hell will happen for Matt's leaving tribute, if it is hard to summerise his first series alone!!!!!!
    The Brig wrote: »
    No, I shall join you! I think he was bored after 2 1/2 incarnations of virtual black and having just worn cricket whites.

The genuine reason seems to be that the Doctor realised by the end of Twin Dilemma that he had made a grave mistake but that incarnation wouldn't admit it to Peri. Why he was still dressed like that after she left is another question.

What really depresses me was after the hiatus in season 22, JNT had the perfect opportunity to start to tone the costume down. Two new costumes were made for season 23 identical to the old one except for waistcoat and necktie.:(

Considering Colin wanted the 6th Doctor to be a Mr Darcy whon would slowly reveal his character beyond his rough exterior. He ended up more like Mr Collins.

that reason actauly makes sense, and I really like that idea.......but what comes across on screen seems more about the makers wanting to show his eccentricity in the most wildest way possible, rather than let his acting do the work...
    England retain the ashes, Five would throughly approve, though i doubt he would say so to Tegan....

lol yeah that was great....I read that the other day after a bad day in cricket that was watched live on a big screen in Melbourne, they played A Christmas Carol (Moff's...not Dickens) live...I guess showing the aussies that not only do we have the best cricket team, but also the best show in the world!!!!:D
    morning all. Havent been around for a few days so hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas Carol

Hi Dgemba....good to see you!!!
    *hugs to Hammy*

I had to wait until 11pm to watch the special. I realised just prior to broadcast that the episode was pretty "fishy" and I had a huge panic attack :o. So i had to psych myself up for a few hours before putting it on. It is the first time that i have wanted R to sit and watch with me. I watched the majority of it from behind a pillow with him telling me when it was "safe" to look. So i had to put up with some ridiculous comments. When faced with the frozen people i explained that they were Kazrans collateral against loans and he said "Thats illegal isnt it" *facepalm*. Overall although terrified and filled with nightmares i still think it was the best special yet.

Its going to sound ridiculous but we had severe fog yesterday and i refused to leave the house...wouldnt even put the rubbish out

Awww....wasn't scared myself...but the sharks did look fantastic....
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    Ahh enough to put anyone off I should think. (

I agree....
    Steven Moffat said that he used to have nightmares of sharks coming out of the water and after him, which is what inspired the sharks/fish idea in ACC - so you're not alone

oh didn't know that....
    hmm wonder if that had anything to do with Jaws..

lol yeah
    Yes I should get round to watching it sometime, along with Back to the Future - never seen it, yet would like to. Also, I said I would watch a version of the original A Christmas Carol this year and didn't...one for next year maybe
    Talking of A Christmas Carol, I've not mentioned it anywhere, but I think Laurence who played young Kazran was absolutely fantastic in the role! Really strong addition to the cast
    Strangely, at times when children are involved in DW, I feel the show is sometimes at its most grown up. I think ACC dealt with a lot of adult issues ~ terminal illness, abusive parents. Made the episode quite strong I feel..

Oh definitely check out Back to the future...timey wimey at its best!!!!!
    I was watching Turn Left/Stolen Earth/Journey's End today with my friend (and a small army of toy figures laid out for the story).

Watching Davros' rant about the reality bomb, I quoted his lines in Genesis of the Daleks back to my friend, "If I could hold in my hand a capsule that contained such power, to know that life and death on such a scale was my choice, to know that the tiny pressure on my thumb would end...everything. Yes- I would do it. That power would set me up above the gods. And through the Daleks I shall have that power!!"

The reality bomb is that power, to end everything.

And who gave him the original idea? The Doctor.

Whoops!

Now in Journey's End he accuses the Doctor of making companions into soldiers and weapons. With the loss of Donna, the Doctor seems to take this to heart and travels on alone. But this leads to the Time Lord Victorious and his eventual regeneration.

My friend, only semi-seriously, reckons the 4th Doctor's intervention in Genesis indirectly leads to the 10th's regeneration. So it's the Doctor's own fault.

I always thought about the reality bomb connection...but yeah the other ones work too....fascinating....
    porshacat wrote: »
    How are you with Prawns?
    Maybe as well to give the movie 'District 9' a miss. I cannot believe you have not watched either 'Jaws' or 'Back to the future' You must........no seriously....do it........NOW.
    I really quite envy you, being able to enjoy these movies for the first time, I sometimes wish I could temporarily wipe bits of my memory, so that I could experience the pleasure of my favourite movies/books for the very first time and the excitement of not knowing what is going to happen next

hello Porshacat, don't think we have met before, welcome to the thread!!!!
    I have never posted on here whilst drunk, but I have been accused of it.

Oh...well I would never dare acusse the most evil scientist as being drunk!!!!:eek:
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    I have finished the first two, barely started the third and just downloaded the last one.

They're quite easy, but good enough fun and great for DW fans to interact with the Doc and Amy.
    I agree it should have been toned down gradually. However, like yourself I've grown fond of it in a funny kind of way. I mean, it's not right, but it is what it is.... it happened and somehow it would be all wrong without it now.

Lol at your last sentence

I don't think Jaws had anything to do with it. He said it was when he was a child and by the time Jaws came out he would be 15.

We got fog here all day today and when I took the dogs out I said to them 'Can you see all the little fishies?' (sorry dgem) and yes, I'm afraid I do talk to them like babies.

Jaws was definitely super scary when it first came out. Until then we had horror films, thrillers etc. It was among the disaster movie genre which was fairly new and related to things you believed could happen. When you see it now the shark doesn't look all that realistic, but for some reason it really did back then. I guess because they are able to make things look even more real now.

It's like the original Dracula made in 1931. People were actually afraid to walk home after watching that in the cinemas of the day, but you don't see any blood or fangs... they shine a torch in Bela Lugosi's eyes which is supposed to show them glowing lol and there's a bat tapping on the window that you can actually see the string of! I do love it though.

You should see Jaws. You should see Back to the Future too. If you like time travel you'll like that. The whole trilogy's good actually.
    I agree that the young Kazran played the part excellently. They were certainly impressed with him on confidential too.

I like the very old version of A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim. I watch it every year. This year though there were so many versions on tv, I ended up watching six different versions before our own DW take on the story.

Ooh very good. In fact Davros does blame the Doctor - 'Don't forget you did this Doctor!'
    There's quite a lot of ACC parodies about too. I like the one with Tori Spelling called A Carol Christmas. Don't know why actually, because I know it's not terribly good, but I always quite enjoy that one.
    Ah hahahaha...

Give me the old draculas of the day gone by, than the skinny, malnurished looking vampires of twilight:o

Though Mitchell from being Human is great!!!!
    Nothing to do with me! It was Solid60 who started it!

yes I accept whatever you say!!!
    I saw that and wondered what on Earth was going on...gotta love this forum sometimes

lol yes...I rather that than the other annoying stuff that we were talking about the other day....
    Solid60 wrote: »
    You created it, I killed it . . .

. . . and then made it have sex

Edit - Percy filth.

:eek:
    i've retired from all that now. Only do ratings in here/episode thread. Sorry.

Its a good thing that you haven't gone there...after managing to convince the OP quite quikly....another poster thought he will use anecdotal evidence to prove that teh show may die soon....*sigh*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone else saw it, but BBC2 just had the Patrick Troughton guest appearance in The Goodies from around 1971.

Brilliant stuff and Patrick had his bonkers performance dial turned up to 11.

If it's Youtube anywhere, I'd recommend any Pat fans to have a look.

Just checked:
    It's "The Goodies - Rat Fink Petal" which has his bit on it.

I did watch that...thanks for the date....I did wonder when it was made.....so not long after leaving the show itself....you could see the Doctor Who parodies...and Troughton was brilliant!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    I did watch that...thanks for the date....I did wonder when it was made.....so not long after leaving the show itself....you could see the Doctor Who parodies...and Troughton was brilliant!!!!

I love The Goodies but in the UK it had hardly any repeats at all between the early 80s and now whereas other 70s shows were on repeatedly.

So I've grabbed every DVD as it's come out and any unreleased Goodies I see on TV I make sure I record. There's another rare episode on tomorrow night.

I do think it's an acquired taste but Goodies and the Beanstalk for instance can hold its head up amongst any TV comedy of the 70s.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well have been through The Lodger...current running time 20:51 :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a good thing that you haven't gone there...after managing to convince the OP quite quikly....another poster thought he will use anecdotal evidence to prove that teh show may die soon....*sigh*

At this point, with little new data, threads like that will wind up being a rehash of the SSDD, it's pointless even going over the same ground again in my view, unfortunately now the thread has gained momentum it will stick around like a bad smell for days.

Which is a shame when you consider the show has just had one of it's highest ever viewing figures, as it sends a very misleading signal out to people that don't actually bother to read beyond the OP of threads.

oh well, c'est la vie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love The Goodies but in the UK it had hardly any repeats at all between the early 80s and now whereas other 70s shows were on repeatedly.

So I've grabbed every DVD as it's come out and any unreleased Goodies I see on TV I make sure I record. There's another rare episode on tomorrow night.

I do think it's an acquired taste but Goodies and the Beanstalk for instance can hold its head up amongst any TV comedy of the 70s.

I do know of the Goodies.....and may have watched it as a kid...but don't think I have ever catched a proper episode......but anyway i agree.....in fact in the whole of the new comedies they have had this year...this was just hilarious compared to those. Simple yet effective.....and I see its on again tomorrow...definitely watching it....

wait till you get to the Stonehenge speech!!!!!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At this point, with little new data, threads like that will wind up being a rehash of the SSDD, it's pointless even going over the same ground again in my view, unfortunately now the thread has gained momentum it will stick around like a bad smell for days.

Which is a shame when you consider the show has just had one of it's highest ever viewing figures, as it sends a very misleading signal out to people that don't actually bother to read beyond the OP of threads.

oh well, c'est la vie.

Well most of it ended up being about the centipede that Granny created......so I guess that is why we kept posting and kept it alive indirectly:o

But yes I agree..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wait till you get to the Stonehenge speech!!!!!:eek:

i can imagine the running time going through the roof the next two episodes...:eek:

thank goodness i won't have to tackle them till the new year...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And Austrailia's too :D Glad to see the show is doing so well not just here but overseas too! :D

Is it out over here on iTunes? It's just that it isn't even on our top ten and I looked on the iTunes store and couldn't find it :confused:
  • Options
    kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello lovely whoonie peeps

Did I read that dgem you have NEVER seen jaws or back o the future! ?

BAD BAD BAD GEEK !

Rectify this at once!

Hello to all other whoonies old and new and wave to the lurkers !

I can't get abbygale's song out of my head have woken up every day since with it going through my head can't wait till feb for the Murray gold soundtrack to be released!

Have re watched a Christmas Carol ( dw) ep 5 times now and Michael gambon's performance gets better each time!

I agree with you about the young actor portraying young kazaran sardik he was brilliant

Lastly my fave version of Christmas Carol is the Patrick Stewart version then the muppet version then the Kelsey grammer musical version from a few years back

Regards to you all Kenneth x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Austrailia's too :D Glad to see the show is doing so well not just here but overseas too! :D

Is it out over here on iTunes? It's just that it isn't even on our top ten and I looked on the iTunes store and couldn't find it :confused:

Don't think it's on iTunes till it expires from iplayer over here in about 3 days other territories don't have to worry bout BBC things like that but hey ho!

Ken
  • Options
    SheMoore19SheMoore19 Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Give me the old draculas of the day gone by, than the skinny, malnurished looking vampires of twilight:o

Though Mitchell from being Human is great!!!!

Oh, I love the Twilight movies too! There's not many vampires I don't like really. Having said that I did like on facebook
    'Real vampires don't sparkle in the sunlight - they DIE'
    . And they would naturally look emaciated because
    they refuse to feed off humans - they are 'good' vampires.
    (spoilered just in case there's anyone left in the world who hasn't seen them.)
    yes I accept whatever you say!!!

lol yes...I rather that than the other annoying stuff that we were talking about the other day....

Shame, I enjoyed all the centipedes much more than the usual nonsense. I was hoping that would have killed the thread. :rolleyes:

The Goodies were totally legend. Used to love them back in the day. Not seen the latest repeats so I'm kicking myself a little bit.

You'll have enough for a whole extra episode after the next two!! :D

:cool:
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first Jaws film is a tense affair, with some really jump-out-of-your skin moments, but it's not scary scary, though it will make you nervous of going back in to the water again..;)

You should watch it, one of Speilbergs best films...:)
    Not scary scary? Took me 10 years to get the courage to watch and that was from behind a cushion.
    porshacat wrote: »
    How are you with Prawns?
    Maybe as well to give the movie 'District 9' a miss. :)

Loved district 9. But normal prawns do creep me out lol.
    kw4121 wrote: »
    Hello lovely whoonie peeps

Did I read that dgem you have NEVER seen jaws or back o the future! ?

BAD BAD BAD GEEK !

Rectify this at once!

Hello to all other whoonies old and new and wave to the lurkers !

I can't get abbygale's song out of my head have woken up every day since with it going through my head can't wait till feb for the Murray gold soundtrack to be released!

Have re watched a Christmas Carol ( dw) ep 5 times now and Michael gambon's performance gets better each time!

I agree with you about the young actor portraying young kazaran sardik he was brilliant

Lastly my fave version of Christmas Carol is the Patrick Stewart version then the muppet version then the Kelsey grammer musical version from a few years back

Regards to you all Kenneth x
    Noooo I know back to the future inside and out! It was Fezzes that hasnt seen them :)

The muppets is the best version of Christmas Carol. Always cheers me up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not scary scary? Took me 10 years to get the courage to watch and that was from behind a cushion..

well it's not quite Saw now is it? :p

right, i'm off now, have fun ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not scary scary? Took me 10 years to get the courage to watch and that was from behind a cushion.

Loved district 9. But normal prawns do creep me out lol.

Noooo I know back to the future inside and out! It was Fezzes that hasnt seen them :)

The muppets is the best version of Christmas Carol. Always cheers me up.

Ahhh my bad fezzes that will teach me to post when a tired and b when I am at work on my iPad and c when my vision is poor as it currently is

And dgem

Durrrdu durrrdu duh duh duh durrrdu
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    Ahhh my bad fezzes that will teach me to post when a tired and b when I am at work on my iPad and c when my vision is poor as it currently is

And dgem

Durrrdu durrrdu duh duh duh durrrdu
    :D

Noooooo!

And Ken you should know by now that i wouldnt miss a film like BTTF :)
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I have never posted on here whilst drunk, but I have been accused of it. :(

I must have imagined all that scotch you knocked back. :confused:

Oh my. Your bloomers appear to be on fire.
    It was that outside person. He's a menace imo. ;)

That's an outrageous slur on my good character. :cry:
    Tut tut, shame on him! I hope you are free from menace now ;)
    Yes, for now *looks around to make sure* :D

I've got my eye on you, Granny.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's great stuff! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjSQMuzjIqk

I was bored :o :eek: :p
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Australia too, very cool :cool:.

Ironic that doesn't even make the top 10 in it's home country, I assume because of iPlayer and most people watching it live on christmas day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australia too, very cool :cool:.

Ironic that doesn't even make the top 10 in it's home country, I assume because of iPlayer and most people watching it live on christmas day.

they dont release it until it is off Iplayer i believe
This discussion has been closed.