Hollyoaks: Seriously bad photoshop

Andrew_NeilAndrew_Neil Posts: 216
Forum Member
I thought the photoshop disaster of the upcoming Hollyoaks train disaster deserved a thread of its own. Spoiler pic:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a608818/hollyoaks-train-crash-cause-revealed-in-shock-pictures.html

Atleast it isn't as terrible as some of the acting.

Comments

• alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    If its a still from a video then its Bad CGI, No train ever would do that over a small car they always send the car, van, hgv flying.
  • ofthenightofthenight Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was no CGI involved in the train crash. They generally drove the train into the car, which derailed it.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    On the trailer theres a front shot of the train tilting over witch means the car is added in with CGI.
  • PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL

That Mini would have been atomised getting hit by a fully laden passenger train.

Here's Top Gear crashing a single train engine (no carriages) in to a much larger people carrier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iauVCdLGGhU
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Nothing can be as bad as those CGI pigeons when Niall blew up the church lol
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Surely that is just a picture released to hype it, If that happens in the show itself then they are a bigger joke than they are already

The car would just be smashed along the track
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Surely that is just a picture released to hype it, If that happens in the show itself then they are a bigger joke than they are already

The car would just be smashed along the track

I think it acutally does happen in the show.
  • dannyl1989dannyl1989 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing can be as bad as those CGI pigeons when Niall blew up the church lol

Hahahaha oh my. I remember that. :D
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    The front carriage lifts up due to some fault in the breaks. You can see in the latest trailer the train lifts off the track, explaining the picture.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 3rd pic is especially silly. We see the train running into the car, which was nowhere near a road!
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    The 3rd pic is especially silly. We see the train running into the car, which was nowhere near a road!

You haven't even watched the episode yet. How are we to know how the car ended up there? Sienna and Maxine could have been arguing and they were about to crash, then Sienna swerved.

It's not 'silly', use your initiative.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    It's just a promo photo. We have to wait and see how good the actual stunt is.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looool! Hilarious:D:D
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    PR. wrote: »
    LOL

That Mini would have been atomised getting hit by a fully laden passenger train.

Here's Top Gear crashing a single train engine (no carriages) in to a much larger people carrier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iauVCdLGGhU

The other important thing is that it was likely shot at a private railway, and not a main line where train speeds are reduced anyhow.

I doubt very much it will be a big disaster, even by Casualty standards. The only thing that would make it worth it is if the entire McQueen clan gets wiped out, but seeing as they are Berkwood's pets that's unlikely to happen.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surfie wrote: »
    The other important thing is that it was likely shot at a private railway, and not a main line where train speeds are reduced anyhow.

I doubt very much it will be a big disaster, even by Casualty standards. The only thing that would make it worth it is if the entire McQueen clan gets wiped out, but seeing as they are Berkwood's pets that's unlikely to happen.

The credits indicate that the East Lancs Railway was used.
  • gerturdeannagerturdeanna Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    It was filmed on the East Lancs Railway which is a live track (I am assuming the tracks were made not live when filming!) It would have been nice for the local residents/schools to be informed of the filming so no panicking would have happened when the stunt was taking place!!! My children were out at playtime when the actual stunt happened and the school wasn't aware!
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering how in the aerial shot in last night's programme the train managed to get past the car which is sat a few carriages back from the front of the train