Remember David Cassidy?

1235»

Comments

• Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    momma11 wrote: »
    ahh,but he spoke directly to me and used my name on Blue Peter!, I wanted to go and see him in London but my parents wouldn`t allow it because I had exams,so I set up a petition for him to come to Scotland ,the Daily Express organised it,the petition with 30,000 signatures was presented on Blue Peter(school wouldn`t allow me time off to present it myself),and the Daily express flew me to london to one of his concerts,what a time that was :D:D

You enterprising little minx ! ;)
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    You enterprising little minx ! ;)

LOL!:D:D:D
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    ahh,but he spoke directly to me and used my name on Blue Peter!, I wanted to go and see him in London but my parents wouldn`t allow it because I had exams,so I set up a petition for him to come to Scotland ,the Daily Express organised it,the petition with 30,000 signatures was presented on Blue Peter(school wouldn`t allow me time off to present it myself),and the Daily express flew me to london to one of his concerts,what a time that was :D:D
    Even though it was years ago I am sooooooooooo jealous!!!:D
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else have the double page pin up of him from Jackie magazine on their bedroom wall?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else have the double page pin up of him from Jackie magazine on their bedroom wall?
    Me:) ( Not now though:D)
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me:) ( Not now though:D)

Ha ha I think I know who you'd have now......maybe with some stuck on chest hair to stroke? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha I think I know who you'd have now......maybe with some stuck on chest hair to stroke? :p
    I can't think who you mean;)
  • Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I remember that but I can't remember whether it was Blue Peter.

I also remember doing a sponsored walk to raise money for muscular dystrophy because DC was involved in it somehow!

Whenever he came over to London, my friend and I used to buy a red rover bus ticket and spend days trying to find him. We befriended a bloke called Dave who worked at his record company (Bell Records) and he used to tell us where he'd be that day, so off we'd go to LWT television, or the Radio Luxembourg offices and we did see him a few times - us and a few hundred others! I remember we read in the paper that he'd been to dinner one night at a restaurant called Mirabelles, which I think was in the Mayfair area, so the next day we went to the restaurant and touched the door knob in case he'd touched it too! :o:D

We also went to Heathrow to wave him off (in his long fur coat) and he waved at me, I swear he did, in fact I know he did. Just at me.

Ah, happy days.

Lovely story!!! I only wished I lived in London during those times as I think I'd have done the same thing!! :D
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else here go and see David Essex in concert - must have been mid 70s when he wore his white suit. The Real Thing were with him too. Remember it well at Sutton Odeon and being dragged back by security all the time and crying with frustration!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed that, but i loved the Real Thing, they were so cool, You to me are everything etc. Chris Amoo, the lead singer came first in crufts i believe with his dog of course a few years back. lol Topsy Turvy that was another one of their hits. :)
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    My mam loved him and Donny Osmond in the 70s (she still does)