Presenter / Interviewer gaffes

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
What famous gaffes or bloopers can you remember from tv presenters or interviewers.

One to start off with

Donna Air asking how the Corrs knew each other.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Max on Soccer AM saying about Stevie Wonder "If you're watching Stevie...." oops....
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it Anne Nightingale,after Simon and Garfunkel split,
    who asked Paul Simon in an interview,if he was 'hoping
    to find another songwriting partner like Art Garfunkel?'
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Jenni Falconer asking Lauren Bacall what it was like to work with the 'legend' Nicole Kidman :p
    In an interview on GMTV, reporter Jenni Falconer began by recalling the cinema greats who have worked with Bacall during her 60-year career.

"And now you've worked alongside another screen legend, Nicole Kidman..." Falconer said before Bacall interrupted.

"She's not a legend," she snapped. "She's a beginner. What is this legend? She can't be a legend at whatever age she is. She can't be a legend, you have to be older."

Tomasz Schafernaker giving the 'finger' to Simon McCoy on News24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AodxHujj42s

Clive Anderson upsetting The Bee Gees in 1996 :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdvfmGPDVkk
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    tony-w wrote: »
    Jenni Falconer asking Lauren Bacall what it was like to work with the 'legend' Nicole Kidman :p

Tomasz Schafernaker giving the 'finger' to Simon McCoy on News24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AodxHujj42s

Clive Anderson upsetting The Bee Gees in 1996 :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdvfmGPDVkk

Haha hadn't seen the Bee Gees one.

Seeing his face physically drop when they walk off is hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Ive just seen one on The One Show tonight... but Im not going to mention
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    There was a clip the other day of John Stapleton interviewing Harrison Ford, and JS eas asking about Darth Vader - but was pronouncing Vader as Varder.

Mr Ford looked bemused.

I am sure there was an incident on one of the BBC Saturday morning shows similar to the Donna Air incident where one of the kids in the audience asked the Proclaimers where they first met.
    "In our Mother's womb" was the reply.
    It may be an urban myth
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Madeley was surely the king of these. Steve Coogan even admitted Madeley was the number one influence on Alan Partridge.

I remember one interview Madeley did with the dreadfully self-important Canadian rocker Bryan Adams, which was absolutely hilarious when Madeley started asking him about his diet and Adams said "Do you really want to know about this?" or words to that effect. :D
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's usually at least three every episode :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    There was a clip the other day of John Stapleton interviewing Harrison Ford, and JS eas asking about Darth Vader - but was pronouncing Vader as Varder.

Mr Ford looked bemused.

Was that on The Last Leg?

I am sure there was an incident on one of the BBC Saturday morning shows similar to the Donna Air incident where one of the kids in the audience asked the Proclaimers where they first met.
    "In our Mother's womb" was the reply.
    It may be an urban myth
    Frankie Boyle has a joke/anecdote about something similer.
    A guy heckles him and says he looks like one of the Proclaimers.
    "ONE of them? They're identical twins you daft bastard!" :D
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not the presenter(s) ? the idiot guest who says something ill timed when he can't think of anything funny to say, by any chance ?
    It isn't worth dwelling on really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Not the presenter(s) ? the idiot guest who says something ill timed when he can't think of anything funny to say, by any chance ?
    It isn't worth dwelling on really.

Ok I do apologise for bringing that up ^_^
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Alicia Silverstone at the end of her interview on Big Breakfast proclaiming that everyone should turn vegetarian

Johnny Vaughan replied: "If God didn't want us to eat animals, he shouldn't have made them out of meat !!"
    IIRC she screamed and stormed off
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week, one of the sky presenters was interviewing someone just after the priest had died of the Ebola virus .She said" What sort of condition was he in when he died?" Then added "serious, obviously!
    On other occasions when a daughter has been murdered, or family members killed in a fire, they ask stupid questions like" what reaction did the families have to the bad news? Were they upset?"
    I feel like screaming at the screen.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicia Silverstone at the end of her interview on Big Breakfast proclaiming that everyone should turn vegetarian

To which Johnny Vaughan replied: "If God didn't want us to eat animals, he shouldn't have made them out of meat !!"
    IIRC she screamed and stormed off

That reminds me of when Jonathan Ross interviewed Morrissey. Morrissey said "Have you got a pet?" Ross said "I've got a cat." Morrissey said "Would you eat your cat?" Ross said "If I was really ****ing hungry, yes!!" :D
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eamon Holmes and his cringeworthy Salma Hayek interview :D

Salma: I'm half Lebanese.
    Eamon: You're half lesbian?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffrSw8R9ZVM
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Oh my, what a total ignoramus.... 'shakes head in disbelief'
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a 2-way on BBC Breakfast with David Blunkett when there was a technical problem which was quickly resolved. The interviewer then said ''Mr Blunkett can you see us and hear us'' to which Blunkett replied ''I can hear you but I can't see you''

Many moons ago on TV-AM the sports presenter was trying to explain to Anne Diamond about the Superbowl. That night it was being played on the west coast so didn't start until about 4 am UK time. He compared it to an FA Cup Final to which she replied ''Well if it's so important why do they play it in the middle of the night ?''

And of course the legendary ones from Test Match Special:

''The batsman's Holding the bowler's Willey'' - Brian Johnson

''Botham...just couldn't get his leg over'' Jonathan Agnew explaining Botham's hit wicket
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    Richard Madeley was surely the king of these. Steve Coogan even admitted Madeley was the number one influence on Alan Partridge.

I remember one interview Madeley did with the dreadfully self-important Canadian rocker Bryan Adams, which was absolutely hilarious when Madeley started asking him about his diet and Adams said "Do you really want to know about this?" or words to that effect. :D

Another Madeley doozy I heard on the radio was when he was relating to his guest how Sir Ian McKellan had explained his acting technique: "I just pretend to be a wizard"
    The quote he was referring to was a scene from Extras.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On radio, but a gem from Alan Brazil on live radio enquiring about the health of Bob Monkhouse who was dead !

Alan Brazil - So how is Bob's health now ?

Garry Bushell - Er......he died at christmas.

Alan Brazil (flustered) - Oh, I heard two different versions of that story !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone caught This Morning this morning(!) but Ruth mentioned something about "doing anal" or something along those lines! :o
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan Seacrest attempting to high five a blind man !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4AHHVT58NE
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky New presenter asks Robin Gibb if his brother is watching tonight, errm no he died in 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErbfpL5zOPQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky New presenter asks Robin Gibb if his brother is watching tonight, errm no he died in 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErbfpL5zOPQ

Looks like Stephen (Steve) Dixon, not the sharpest card in the pack
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    timebug wrote: »
    Was it Anne Nightingale,after Simon and Garfunkel split,
    who asked Paul Simon in an interview,if he was 'hoping
    to find another songwriting partner like Art Garfunkel?'

I remember that, I think she made some comment about "all the songs you and Art Garfunkel wrote" and Simon quickly chipped in with "actually, I wrote the songs myself". He was not pleased!
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Frankie Boyle has a joke/anecdote about something similer.
    A guy heckles him and says he looks like one of the Proclaimers.
    "ONE of them? They're identical twins you daft bastard!" :D

One of the Proclaimers tells a story about someone in the street coming up to him and saying "are you that c**t from the Proclaimers?". "No", he replies, "I'm his brother".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Commentator is your Carpenter - Frank Bough introducing boxing on Grandstand

For those of you watching in black and white Wolves are playing in yellow - John Motson reputedly on MOTD