Ronni Ancona

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
Forum Member
Ronni Ancona is going to be in her own show on Friday 25th May. I'm so glad cos she's lovely and funny. Should be an improvement on Ruddy Hell its thingy and wotsisface.:)

Comments

• SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it is but I cannot stand Ronni Ancona. She has just annoyed me in every programme she has been in. Sorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I don't know what it is but I cannot stand Ronni Ancona. She has just annoyed me in every programme she has been in. Sorry!
    Each to their own. I don't think its compulsory to watch it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She winds me up too.

Not too surprised that she's going to do Amy Winehouse!

If the stuff she did with McGowan is anything to go by, (and I have the same prob with Ruddy Hell) the sketches on these things are too long and would be funny if they lasted 30 seconds rather than the 3 minutes.....
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer her as an actress than a so-called impressionist (I can't think of a single one she does particularly well). She was really good in Gideon's Daughter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never thought any of her impressions were that good.

McGowan's Richard Madeley was one of his best, but Ancona's Judy Finnigan was just rubbish.
    Forum Member
    Her Carol Smillie was brilliant and she's spot on with Posh and Becks. For me she made Ali MacGowan not the other way round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maskmud wrote: »
    Not too surprised that she's going to do Amy Winehouse!

Should be a piece of piss to replicate the look. The voice could be tricky.

I like Ronni and wish her well in this venture but the writing has gotta be top-notch and I fear (and suspect) it won't be.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's gorgeous, funny and intelligent.

I nearly melted when she was on QI...she could have turned Stephen Fry straight after that appearance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    I think Lovely and Funny describes her perfectly. She seems like a really nice person.

I've enjoyed Harry Enfield a lot though - but I'm looking forward to this now just as much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is very beautiful IMO. She was hot in Gideon's Daughter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfster wrote: »
    She's gorgeous, funny and intelligent.

I nearly melted when she was on QI...she could have turned Stephen Fry straight after that appearance.

beat me to it! i'd watch her over and over again
  • ILoveStarburstILoveStarburst Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she's lovely, but I really don't think much of her impressions! I'm sure everytime I see her, she's doing that awful Ruby Wax impression.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she's lovely, but I really don't think much of her impressions! I'm sure everytime I see her, she's doing that awful Ruby Wax impression.
    Its the Wax woman whose awful not Ronni.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    i definetely WOULD...........Ronni's got some form thats for sure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Her Audrey Hepburn...mmmmmmm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like her much either (or her impressions - they're irritating) but having seen the advert, it looks quite good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find her impressions very irritating. That Audrey Hepburn one - what's that all about?? Audrey sounded nothing like that!! :confused:
  • nationwide232nationwide232 Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a feeling it will be rubbish.
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I find her impressions very irritating. That Audrey Hepburn one - what's that all about?? Audrey sounded nothing like that!! :confused:
    Yeah but she looked great in that get up:cool: ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ If you say so. :D
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's great and very accurate. When I first saw her Judy Finnegan I thought it was nothing like her and then when I next saw Judy I suddenly could only see the pathetic, funbling, downtrodden wife highlighted by Ronni A. I think that's when an impressionist really hits the mark - when you revisit the original you see that person in a totally new way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, but the show sux :(

After this and My Family, I'm starting to think Eric Morecambe was right when he joked that the BBC stood for "Bring Back Comedy" :D
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The standard of writing for this show is quite poor. Shame.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely diabolical. Why on earth did the BBC commission such drivel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pconno1 wrote: »
    The standard of writing for this show is quite poor. Shame.

That's true :( It's actually turning out to be worse than the Enfield/Whitehouse show :(