Why Is Claire From Steps Being Labelled As 'Fat'?

Comments

• Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is being labelles as 'fat' because she used to be 'thin' while in the public eye, and is bigger now than she was then, and because some people think it is okay to judge women by their weight, even when, like Claire, they look fine.
    I doubt she really cares, she seems quite happy .
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even she thinks shes fat, mind she also thought she was when she was a size 10 - she said in OK last year that she had a really bad body image back then. She used to think she was the fat one of the girls, when she really wasn't. She was the one with the curves, Lisa and Faye were more naturally slim!

So she has a very distorted view on body image.
    Even I don't think a size 10 is fat. She is deluded.
    She looks bigger than a 10 now
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, you're not butting in at all.

I don't think Claire is really taking any notice at all. Shes just getting on with it.
    I'm actually surprised Carole Malone didn't have a dig at the weekend. She usually loves this. She was the one who slagged Emma Bunton off earlier this year for having 'thunder thighs'.
    Its funny cos Bill Borrows said in his column a couple of years ago (after a pic was in the paper of Claire with Faye at the Saucy Jacks press night) that Claire had never looked better. Yet a female columist slags her.

God I hate that woman, note she has never slagged off Jades belly! There is something wrong with someone who sticks up for Jade Goody after CBB
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    JESUS..How dare she go out in daylight having put on some extra weight..Fat no Fatter yes...

Lol, you're not butting in at all.

I don't think Claire is really taking any notice at all. Shes just getting on with it.
    I'm actually surprised Carole Malone didn't have a dig at the weekend. She usually loves this. She was the one who slagged Emma Bunton off earlier this year for having 'thunder thighs'.
    Its funny cos Bill Borrows said in his column a couple of years ago (after a pic was in the paper of Claire with Faye at the Saucy Jacks press night) that Claire had never looked better. Yet a female columist slags her.

And as for this horse faced bint..the phrase double standards should be on her headstone.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    God I hate that woman, note she has never slagged off Jades belly! There is something wrong with someone who sticks up for Jade Goody after CBB

One bully supporting another, methinks.

Malone was pretty relentless in her behaviour towards Anne Diamond on Celebrity Fit Club.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pricesout wrote: »
    So she has a very distorted view on body image.
    Even I don't think a size 10 is fat. She is deluded.
    She looks bigger than a 10 now

She DID when she was in Steps, cos everyone around her was telling her she needed to lose weight, cos there were many a time there was a pic of her in the paper/mag with a slight tummy and they'd be saying she was pregnant.
    She DOESN'T think that anymore, not at all. She just wants to slim down to a size 12. She said in OK that in Steps she thought she was fat etc, but looking back now she so wasn't like that. I'm sure Jo O'meara went thro all that too in S Club and Mel C had that in the Spice Girls. Girls in pop bands are under a lot of pressure to be thin, as are many a young actress. Boys get it too, but its not as well talked about, sadly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd bump this up with a pic of Claire ifrom this weeks Woman mag, shes doing a Wedding Dress feature (cos shes getting married in november) and is down to a 14 now- she looks fantastic.
    http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clairewomanaug087fj3.jpg
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looks lovely. so pretty and healthy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its obviously because the press are soooo obsessed with celebs putting on weight, as another poster said shes just had a baby, its no wonder theres idiot celebs having contests about who starves themselves the most after giving birth!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks lovely and healthy. Thanks for the update.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd bump this up with a pic of Claire ifrom this weeks Woman mag, shes doing a Wedding Dress feature (cos shes getting married in november) and is down to a 14 now- she looks fantastic.
    http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clairewomanaug087fj3.jpg

she still has a LOT of weight to lose before you could say she looks vaguley decent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    she still has a LOT of weight to lose before you could say she looks vaguley decent

What the hell??
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think pricesout would prefer her to be a size 0. Have you been out the house recently? Not everyone is a size 8, in fact, most people aren't, yet they still look attractive. She looks happy and healthy, and that's all that matters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member

She looks lovely and how you can be so rude is beyond me. You yourself must be perfect in weight and looks to be so critical and rude about others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell??

care to elaborate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the obsession with Claire's weight anyway.

It seems the tabloids are only interested in printing her picture again just because she has - shock, horror - gained weight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks lovely and how you can be so rude is beyond me. You yourself must be perfect in weight and looks to be so critical and rude about others.

I think I am.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she looks fantastic in those wedding dress photos. Size 14 suits her.
  • DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is does look fat compared to how she looked before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because she has put on weight and doesn't deny it.

However, it isn't the heinous crime that some people would make it out to be. She's clearly lost some weight since the initial pics were taken anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    care to elaborate?

You come across so rude and to call her fat is beyond me.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    That's because she has put on weight and doesn't deny it.

However, it isn't the heinous crime that some people would make it out to be. She's clearly lost some weight since the initial pics were taken anyway.

Exactly. To lose weight, she must have been fat in the first place when people were saying she wasn't!! :rolleyes:

She looks lovely in the last picture but I reckon a size 10 or12 would be her more ideal weight depending on what height she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was very thin in her Steps days, probably a size 8, and she admits she pretty much starved herself to stay that way, although the dance routines would have helped to keep the weight off as well.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    She was very thin in her Steps days, probably a size 8, and she admits she pretty much starved herself to stay that way, although the dance routines would have helped to keep the weight off as well.
    Crikey I would have guessed she was a 6 in those days!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, maybe so!!

Either way she was very slender, which is probably why the tabloids fell over themselves in 'shock' when she dared to gain some weight! :sleep: