So, since my bins haven't been emtied as much and schools have been shut

2»

Comments

• Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GwrxVurfer wrote: »
    On the contrary, almost everyone I know chooses to pay it. It's laughable as to why they feel the need though.

Ever since the creation of the centralized banking monopoly, tax isn't required. After all, they are simply little bits of paper. The government could simply issue the amount of money required, instead of continuing to let the Bank of England print off notes and demand it back as "tax". If nothing else, printing off £100, then asking for £50 back in "tax" is more of an administrative headache than simply issuing £50 directly.

Even my cats learn by experience. Can you not remember where all this got you last time?

:(
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Train have been dire for the past couple of weeks - reduced services, delays, cancellations, waiting on freezing platforms.

I resent paying full normal price for my tickets.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    gashead wrote: »
    Is that all over the UK, or just in England? The OP's in Scotland and on the radio this morning they mentioned that seventy schools in Wales are closed today due to the weather.

The official last day is today I think, but it probably also depends on the LEA, and the LEA and schools often tag inset days onto the end of the term so in practice the last days can vary.
  • BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Any chance on a partial refund of my council tax?

If I couldn't get Sky for a week, I'd be getting a partial refund from them.

Its bad enough I have to pay for the education of others and don't get a say in the curriculum, but to be paying full council tax when they haven't been at school is beyond awful. They don't need a Christmas holiday this year, Xmas and new year is a Saturday and Sunday, and they have already had umpteen snow days, in service days, autumn weeks etc...

Over the course of your life you will take out far more from the state than you could ever pay in.

Only the mega rich pay in more than they take.
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the person that said no one should be going out in the snow?
  • JordanT91JordanT91 Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To all the who complain about schools closing because of the weather. How about, schools stay open. Then if someone hurts themselves (whether it's the schools fault or not), they then sue the council, meaning the cost has to be paid by an increase in council tax. Happy now?

I totally agree that the above scenario is pathetic, but it has happened and would happen again because that's the way people are these days.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GwrxVurfer wrote: »
    Well, you chose to pay tax, so it's up to you to complain if you feel you aren't getting the service you want.

...and here we go again!

Perhaps this time it'll sink into your brain, [highlight]NOBODY CHOOSES TO PAY TAX![/highlight]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody has a choice. You could leave the country, or become a Gypsy. Nobody is making you pay taxes.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanT91 wrote: »
    Everybody has a choice. You could leave the country, or become a Gypsy. Nobody is making you pay taxes.

Everything you buy is subject to tax, ever heard of a little thing called VAT?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, what is it?
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who don't want to pay their council tax, shouldn't have to.

It should be optional.

Those who pay are going to have to suffer the shoddy society that we have.

Those that don't pay will be outside that society and fair game for any human-hunting enterprises that members of society want to organize. Hehe. Kidding! Any human-hunting parties that are organized will require a license, available for £9.99, and in addition there will be a purse paid to the treasury on every "outsider" bagged. You will NOT be able to gut, stuff or mount an "outsider" legally until this has been paid.

Thank you.