Options

Painful Sex!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Hello! :)

I have a new partner, my first for quite a while. Sometimes, sex can be quite painful - when we are in certain positions which allow for deeper penetration, and when he is thrusting with some enthusiasm... :o:p This is quite painful for me, and I am not sure if this is considered 'normal' - I have no STD's, and I have a regular menstrual cycle - so it would seem there are no problems there. He is not unusually large - certainly enough! lol. But, not freakishly oversized :p I did wonder if it was just me being 'rusty' and out of practice, but it seems not.

It's been that long since I had a regular shag I cannot even remember if I used to find some positions painful - is this usual? Do other women find this happens to them ever?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he more of a "larger" man . than just a large man? It could be that your just not able to take something too big, it hurts me if it's a little on the huge side. Not to delve into your sex life but have you been with men larger than him? Any pain?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    Is he more of a "larger" man . than just a large man? It could be that your just not able to take something too big, it hurts me if it's a little on the huge side. Not to delve into your sex life but have you been with men larger than him? Any pain?

This, especially if as you say, you havent had sex for a while. Assuming he's turning you on and everythings *ahem* lubricated in the correct places then maybe he's on the large side. Maybe try to stick to positions that aren't so deep untill you become accommodated to his girth you lucky girl :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm, he isn't the largest I've had - maybe the person who was larger just wasn't as vigorous? I don't know. I don't want to go to the doctor if it is a common user error :o:p

ETA, it's a pain higher up inside, as if my womb is finding it painful, being moved :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could just be that he's thrusting too hard. Maybe try using a sex toy on yourself and see if you have any pain?
  • Options
    Charlie_the_catCharlie_the_cat Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure he didn't slip it up your chuffer when your guard was down?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D There's a major difference in feeling between the two
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yo ho ho Charlie, I'd know if my back doors were being smashed in. :p

To add, I have a Gynefix IUD, could it be something like the IUD being pulled through pressure on the thread?? :confused:
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get this as well and I have been with the same guy for 15 years. Even after all that time I still get pain in certain positions.

Mainly when I have both legs on his shoulders and he has me "lifted" off the bed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it can depend on the time of month too. Your cervix is higher before ovulation, and lower after ( which can explain why certain positions can be more uncomfortable, painful even, as there's not quite so much depth , and hitting the cervix in the second half of the cycle )
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Hi
    I am 42 have had 3 children with the same partner (my husband)..we have been together 20 years and I too get pain high up inside after sex sometimes..I have been tempted to g to GP to ask about this as sometimes it is just a bit of a stabbing pain and sometimes it actually takes my breath away..can go to bed..have sex,it may hurt a little in certain positions but can move a bit for it to be Ok..then get up in the morning and almost double up when it is at its worst.
    Then some times can really go for it and no pain at all..
    I am not wishing this on you Op but am glad to hear someone else feels the same..
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put up with that pain for years because I never wanted to tell him and 'put him off'. Sometimes men can take things so personally!

But, especially with you saying you have an IUD, it may be worth getting a check up. I had an IUD and I thought it may have been that causing the pain but when I had it removed it was still the same.

I put up with it for a long time - until I became a bit disinterested in sex to be honest - and it seemed to be getting worse. In the end I went to the gynae and found that I had adhesions and the 'deep' sex was causing them to tear and scar, tear and scar, continuously.

If only I'd gone years before I could have got it sorted out so much more easily and avoided all the pain.

It's highly unlikely that this is your problem but if it does get worse then worth one short trip to the docs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am 42 have had 3 children with the same partner (my husband)..we have been together 20 years and I too get pain high up inside after sex sometimes..I have been tempted to g to GP to ask about this as sometimes it is just a bit of a stabbing pain and sometimes it actually takes my breath away..can go to bed..have sex,it may hurt a little in certain positions but can move a bit for it to be Ok..then get up in the morning and almost double up when it is at its worst.
    Then some times can really go for it and no pain at all..
    I am not wishing this on you Op but am glad to hear someone else feels the same..

I am exactly the same, afterwards it's a little sore but in the morning I am doubled over
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    I put up with that pain for years because I never wanted to tell him and 'put him off'. Sometimes men can take things so personally!

But, especially with you saying you have an IUD, it may be worth getting a check up. I had an IUD and I thought it may have been that causing the pain but when I had it removed it was still the same.

I put up with it for a long time - until I became a bit disinterested in sex to be honest - and it seemed to be getting worse. In the end I went to the gynae and found that I had adhesions and the 'deep' sex was causing them to tear and scar, tear and scar, continuously.

If only I'd gone years before I could have got it sorted out so much more easily and avoided all the pain.

It's highly unlikely that this is your problem but if it does get worse then worth one short trip to the docs.

I have an IUD at the moment but I still had the same pain before I had it done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting - I had endometriosis years ago, and an ovarian cyst, had an laparoscopy which confirmed endo diagnosis and that the cyst had burst and was healing. This was 15 odd years ago though, and I've not experienced pain like it since then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will add to my post above..I have no IUD..nothing and have never had one..sex has been painful now and again for quite a number of years..but I dont remember it always being that way..just cant remember when it started..I have 2 teenage children and also a 3 year old..it seems t have got worse still since having the 3 year old.

Having said all this..my periods also seem to have got more painful the last few years..and I am in more pain at the time of ovulation too.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anonyuser wrote: »
    Yo ho ho Charlie, I'd know if my back doors were being smashed in. :p

To add, I have a Gynefix IUD, could it be something like the IUD being pulled through pressure on the thread?? :confused:

Are men allowed in this thread? :o

It 'might' be IUD related - when Mrs C had one, she used to get discomfort in a few positions, and in some I'd feel it poking me back. Doesn't seem to have had as many problems since its been removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are men allowed in this thread? :o
    Sure thang FC, if they are reasonable contributions :p

The thread issue does make itself apparent but I don't know if such a wee contraption would cause such pain if it was being tugged about :o IUGWIM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure thang FC, if they are reasonable contributions :p

The thread issue does make itself apparent but I don't know if such a wee contraption would cause such pain if it was being tugged about :o IUGWIM.

Sadly, I can't answer that one for you as I was on the other end (tugger as opposed to tuggee I suppose);

You could try a good lube and see if that helps any, or even see if alcohol does anything (ie, would a drink relax you a bit more) - failing that, if its only at certain times, it might be best to talk to your partner about it - I'm sure he would rather talk about it and learn what is good and what isn't for you both - the last thing he will be wanting to do is hurt you.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if its only at certain times, it might be best to talk to your partner about it - I'm sure he would rather talk about it and learn what is good and what isn't for you both - the last thing he will be wanting to do is hurt you.

Tha'ts what I'd say. Talk to your partner and explain that you find certain positions painful. For all you know, he might just go "ok then, well we won't do it in those positions any more." Problem solved.

Truth is, if it hurts you, I doubt he'd want to keep doing it. Not if he's a nice guy, anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is something that has been discussed, is hard to avoid it really, not when you go "Oww!" mid-shag! lol. Lube and alcohol won't help as it's not pain in that area :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is something that has been discussed, is hard to avoid it really, not when you go "Oww!" mid-shag! lol. Lube and alcohol won't help as it's not pain in that area :)

I agree..feel like you are killing the mood when you say something..but find it all abit hard to relax and let it go if it is hurting..and yes the pain is nothing to do with alcohol or lubricant..it is like a bruised feeling inside..as if you have been battered in a certain area with sometime ssharp stabbing pains..I dont know how else to describe it..

Have been at home relaxing with my hsband and children last few days..Chrsitmas day was last time we did anything..and I still feel tender inside..(have eaten like a horse over the last few days though so that wont help:o)
  • Options
    Roger MoreRoger More Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in some I'd feel it poking me back.
    Good Heavens dear boy! Are you sure she didn't stick a mousetrap up there to deter your amorous advances?
  • Options
    Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a word with your GP, there may be an underlying condition (such as endometeriosis).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roger More wrote: »
    Good Heavens dear boy! Are you sure she didn't stick a mousetrap up there to deter your amorous advances?

:D - Wouldn't be a bit surprised, sadly!
    Have a word with your GP, there may be an underlying condition (such as endometeriosis).

Got to be worth having a chat with your GP - at the least he or she will have a better understanding of what the 'could be' scenarios are, and ill be able to get you sorted.

Hope you work it all out - in the meantime, just remember the number 69 ;)
  • Options
    hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving this thread :D