Fonejacker - anyone think this is funny?

13»

Comments

• Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Phonejacker is funny. They ruined it by making it Facejacker.

Agreed 100%

I much prefered the cartoon animation strips of fonejacker, facejacker was diabolical - wasn't a laugh in it.

I thought facejacker was about as funny as a dentist appointment.

Should have stuck to the animation, there was no need to change it.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - I was just trying to be helpful in providing a list of the dates and times Fonejacker will be shown over the next week.
    Surely anyone who cares knows already?
    Good jokes can be laughed at many times.
    Have to disagree with that. Things stop being really funny when you know what's coming. I can never understand why people keep laughing at the same jokes and catchphrases over and over again.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fonejacker was great. I particularly liked Brian, George, the Indian call centre worker and the automated services calls. George's facial expressions were hilarious! Facejacker, however, was rubbish, apart from a few moments with Brian. I often refer to someone named Nick as "Bick" now!
  • orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love fonejacker. I hope there will be another series soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Terry Telly wrote: I was just trying to be helpful in providing a list of the dates and times Fonejacker will be shown over the next week.
    allafix wrote: Surely anyone who cares knows already?

Not everyone has the entire television schedule for all channels for the next week memorised - nor the time to study a television guide in detail every day.
    allafix wrote: Good jokes can be laughed at many times.

I know of a number of a couple of comedians not using a regular joke and finding the audiences demanding that the the comedians crack the very joke which had been omitted from their act.

I read a posting to the internet the other day from someone who wrote that they cannot get enough of the Indian call centre joke on Fonejacker. The sign of a good joke is that it does not get less funny the more times it is told.
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Fonejacker was great...the Indian call centre worker...

The link I gave in posting number 42 to this thread is to a widely-praised video clip on Youtube from Fonejacker featuring the Indian call centre worker.
    Forum Member
    orchover wrote: »
    Absolutely love Fonejacker. I hope there will be another series soon.

I also hope that a new series of Fonejacker is made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the OP can give us an idea of the usual type of comedy they like.

I've seen many people on these forums attack Ricky Gervais and James Corden and can only assume they love to watch Jim Davidson or something.

Facejacker is fantastic, phonejacker was good but was hit and miss.

If people want to laugh, may i suggest Curb your enthusiasm, the best series ever made.

Another series of facejacker soon please, oh, and i'm 40 by the way.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is BY FAR my least favorite character on the show.

My favorites are the Bank Details guy and the Internet Provings guy.

Yeah the Internet guy is the best, he got the most laughs from me.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freesatace wrote: »
    Maybe the OP can give us an idea of the usual type of comedy they like.

I've seen many people on these forums attack Ricky Gervais and James Corden and can only assume they love to watch Jim Davidson or something.

Facejacker is fantastic, phonejacker was good but was hit and miss.

If people want to laugh, may i suggest Curb your enthusiasm, the best series ever made.

Another series of facejacker soon please, oh, and i'm 40 by the way.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is good I agree I'm watching re-runs on the new sky Atlantic channel, never saw it before, Larry is spot on with most things he says and so very funny. I'm normally not a fan of American comedy either but this one is awesome.
    Forum Member
    freesatace wrote: »
    If people want to laugh, may I suggest Curb your enthusiasm, the best series ever made.

Curb Your Enthusiasm has been praised on this forum a number of times.

For those who do not know it Curb Your Enthusiasm is currently showing on More 4 (in the early hours of Monday mornings - this coming Monday (28.3.2011) at 12.40 am) and (as mentioned in the last posting to this thread) on the Sky Atlantic channel.
    Forum Member
    junipaire wrote: »
    Curb Your Enthusiasm.....I'm normally not a fan of American comedy.....but this one is awesome.

This is the view of a number of people: they do not usually watch American television comedies but have become fans of of Curb Your Enthusiasm finding it to be quite different from some other comedies made in the USA.
  • KXTKXT Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    This is the view of a number of people: they do not usually watch American television comedies but have become fans of of Curb Your Enthusiasm finding it to be quite different from some other comedies made in the USA.

Ive also been watching CYE on Atlantic recently. One of the better American comedies ive seen in recent times.
    Forum Member
    I would like to see every series of Curb Your Enthusiasm repeated on terrestrial television in the UK.