Options

SCD Week 5 Discussion Thread (Sat 6.30pm/Sun 7.20pm)

Comments

• Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I wonder if that is the same for programmes that give large prizes away like This Morning. I know my local radio station has a competition each week with four alternative answers but it is obvious which the right one is. Ive always thought it was because loads of people ring up and they get a percentage of the calls. Ive a friend who works for a radio station, I must ask him.

Sorry to butt in again, but no, it's not. It's the BBC's Charter that prevents it making a profit. As a result of one of the BBC phone scandals the Charter was reviewed and then amended effectively ending the link between CIN and SCD

Commercial TV/Radio can charge what they like and make as much as the can, as long as it doesn't break Offcom rules.
  • Options
    Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Why would there be a backlash? Genuine question - I don't know much about her at all.

Because over a period of five years there are two men that we know of with whom she has had sex - Joe Calzaghe and Vincent Simone.

Boy oh boy what a slapper.

Sighs deeply and rolls her eyes .>:(
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the money still went to Children in Need - I'd cast my votes by phone in that case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I'd have happily let both Thom and Simon go if we could have the upside down lasso man every week. :)
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to butt in again, but no, it's not. It's the BBC's Charter that prevents it making a profit. As a result of one of the BBC phone scandals the Charter was reviewed and then amended effectively ending the link between CIN and SCD

Commercial TV/Radio can charge what they like and make as much as the can, as long as it doesn't break Offcom rules.

Thanks Buddy. A few people have pointed it out and Im grateful that it has been explained to me.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He probably wouldn't have gone. He would have been in the bottom 4 with Scott, Judy and Alison so one of those three would have been in the dance off with him and Im sure the judges would have then saved Thom :p

I thought you meant the couple with the fewest votes (of the bottom 4) would be eliminated straight away (which would be fairer than giving the judges EVEN MORE power)
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do now. Ive been firmly put in my place :blush:
    Thanks Buddy. A few people have pointed it out and Im grateful that it has been explained to me.

Sorry I'm such a slow typist! :p I didn't see all the other replies until I pressed Submit! You won't be the last person to bring it up this year. ;-)
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Heading for a Mark v Simon dance off next week?

I'm still amazed that for the first time the young male fitties are proving unpopular - very interesting voting and seems the public are wanting a very different 'champion' to support.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    I thought you meant the couple with the fewest votes (of the bottom 4) would be eliminated straight away (which would be fairer than giving the judges EVEN MORE power)

No. It came from Chris Evans and my understanding was that we would vote for the bottom 4 and then the dance off would be between the bottom two. However, I could be totally wrong because Im only passing on what another forum member had said.

If they didn't have a dance off, then you would be right.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because over a period of five years there are two men that we know of with whom she has had sex - Joe Calzaghe and Vincent Simone.

Boy oh boy what a slapper.

Sighs deeply and rolls her eyes .>:(

So Victorian. You don't like sex? You should try it sometime. Great fun. Almost as great fun as dancing.

Anyway we have no proof that she has had sex with the two men named by you, viz Joe Calzaghe and Vincent Simone.

And with how many women have Joe Calzaghe and Vincent Simone had sex with over a period of five years?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I'm such a slow typist! :p I didn't see all the other replies until I pressed Submit! You won't be the last person to bring it up this year. ;-)

No probs Buddy. Im glad that people took the trouble to post.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    PERILLA wrote: »
    I agree, I think Mark deserved to get through as he is a really good dancer and is improving tremendously. However, I also think he's an immature cry baby.

Ditto! I'm not a fan of his though - he was so conceited and vain on TOWIE and I don't think a leopard can change his spots however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Victorian. You don't like sex? You should try it sometime. Great fun. Almost as great fun as dancing.

Anyway we have no proof that she has had sex with the two men named by you, viz Joe Calzaghe and Vincent Simone.

And with how many women have Joe Calzaghe and Vincent Simone had sex with over a period of five years?

Did you read the last line of my post, Henry?

If so, I take it that you didn't comprehend the sarcasm in my post.

Sighs deeply & rolls her eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dander wrote: »
    I'd have happily let both Thom and Simon go if we could have the upside down lasso man every week. :)

:D:D:D:D I have to agree. Loved him!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Kristina and Joe set up home together for about 4 years I'd say that one was a pretty safe bet.....
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    I agree, I think Mark deserved to get through as he is a really good dancer and is improving tremendously. However, I also think he's an immature cry baby.

If what Tess says and its true, that the results are in no particular order why did they leave mark until second last to tell him he was through? That was cruel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you read the last line of my post, Henry?

If so, I take it that you didn't comprehend the sarcasm in my post.

Sighs deeply & rolls her eyes.

I did. But I didn't correctly interpret as to whom you were rolling eyes at ...

Anyway my post stands redirected to those who see Kristina as a "slapper" ;-) And there are a number of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    If what Tess says and its true, that the results are in no particular order why did they leave mark until second last to tell him he was through? That was cruel.

For the drama!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Heading for a Mark v Simon dance off next week?

I'm still amazed that for the first time the young male fitties are proving unpopular - very interesting voting and seems the public are wanting a very different 'champion' to support.[

I'm not sure it is the young fitties but their position on the leader board - and in the case of Mark. . . many may be remembering him from TOWIE. IMO he was unlikeable on TOWIE - very conceited and too sure of himself. He has had TV series - one was cancelled I believe - which were very egocentric. He is a good looking boy from Essex who needs to grow up. Personally I don't believe he has ever worked this hard in his life so think Strictly is doing him some good.

As for Simon - I don't think he has much of a fanbase and doesn't have much of a personality either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did. But I didn't correctly interpret as to whom you were rolling eyes at ...

Anyway my post stands redirected to those who see Kristina as a "slapper" ;-)

This being the only forum I've ever posted on that doesn't have a roll eyes smiley, I'm not exactly surprised you misunderstood me.

Some of the posts I've seen on here about Kristina's alleged libidinous proclivities drive me round the bend. So what if they're true? She's young, beautiful, single, healthy, fit - why wouldn't she? Jeez.

People.......>:(>:(:D
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This being the only forum I've ever posted on that doesn't have a roll eyes smiley, I'm not exactly surprised you misunderstood me.

Some of the posts I've seen on here about Kristina's alleged libidinous proclivities drive me round the bend. So what if they're true? She's young, beautiful, single, healthy, fit - why wouldn't she? Jeez.

People.......>:(>:(:D

We used to have a roll eyes smiley, they got rid of it and gave us these two odd ones instead :kitty:^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pentax20 wrote: »
    As Kristina and Joe set up home together for about 4 years I'd say that one was a pretty safe bet.....

That would be very difficult to certify. Not that I am interested in any of the celebs' or pros' sex lives. Each to their own with as many or as few (if any) sex partners as they want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    We used to have a roll eyes smiley, they got rid of it and gave us these two odd ones instead :kitty:^_^

Perhaps they should breed. Who knows what they might produce ;-)
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The results show was boring - using the same format every week helps make it so.

I didn't enjoy the pro dance much.

The Culture Club section was a reminder to only hire people who can be entertaining. I liked the song when it came out.
    Even Aliona dancing didn't compensate enough for me.

Len's Lens just dragged.

The whole announcing who was in the dance-off and who was eliminated was orchestrated very well for maximum tension/shock/emotion, so that was the major plus, and that is the point of having the results show.
    Mark being emotional was a plus in that respect and it did seem a bit cruel to leave him until the end, when he may well have not been close to being in the dance-off in terms of actual position on the final leaderboard. But its the producer's job to generate some drama and emotion.

It seems a bit strange to be judging them both on their dancing when the reason they are in the dance-off is to do with popularity, but them's the rules.

Simon started off as the better dancer and although Thom has closed the gap during the series, Simon is still the better dancer.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »

Bad decision by DS, i have never needed either and frequently pine for the *rolleyes*. :(