Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daley's father has been appointed as the Dutch head coach after Hiddink stepped down.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daley's father has been appointed as the Dutch head coach after Hiddink stepped down.

That was in the news days ago. Cheers for the update though.

Any idea what Rojo's niece is up to these days? How about Chris Smalling's old grandad?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. My question have been why there is one set of criteria for the De Gea sale and a different one for Coleman. I think I may have mentioned it?

Woah there champ. You seem hell bent on putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting me. This is why I have to constantly respond. I have NEVER mentioned whether the deal done should be the best or worst for Manchester United. Never once. I am discussing the things that affect the deal.

Of course Manchester United are going to want the best possible deal. I have never said that De Gea should be given away.

However where we differ is that you have made NO allowance for the things that affect his price. For the millionth time these include there only being one buying club, his desire to go there and him being in the last year of his contract.

You are saying £30m+ or no deal, I am saying that could be unrealistic.

Why do you think Clyne moved for only £10m when his value as a footballer is far higher?

I also question whether giving him away for free next summer is actually the best deal for Man Utd. You think it is, thats fine.

So you were wrong? Thats all you had to say and it would have avoided clogging up the thread with all that nonsense about what a transfer is and when a man and a woman love each other and want a baby and all that other ABC nonsense.

Indeed, and because he is under contract, happy to be at Everton and the fact that if he was made available there may be other clubs in for him that price will be higher than if he was in the last year of his deal, wanted to leave and said that Man Utd were the only club he wanted to join. Thats been my point all along.

I am not hell bent on putting words into your mouth or misrepresenting you in any way, if you feel that way, then again I am sorry about that, that was not my intention in any of my responses to you.
    I wish to keep things civil.

Onto your points, I have made allowances and spoken of them before (does De Gea want to leave? Yes. Do Real Madrid want him? Yes.), but the deal for the player will be one that we will be happy to sell him for, if Real Madrid don't match that offer (including all of the points that you mention about contract length etc), then their offer should not be accepted, even if it means De Gea staying here an extra year and then leaving on a free transfer.

As for the Clyne deal between Southampton and Liverpool, I do not know much about that situation, so I don't wish to comment too much on it, but if you are asking me about it, then I will say that the deal must have been one that was close to Southampton's valuation of the player (taking into account contract length etc), would they have like more, probably, which club wouldn't want a bigger fee for a player when selling them?

If Real Madrid meet our own valuation of the player, then they can sign him, I have no issues with that, but if they don't, then just because they have put an offer in, doesn't mean we should accept it.

I hope that this time things are a lot clearer and we can come to a better understanding of each others position on the matter.

I am terribly sorry if along the way, it has seen to be the case that I have misled led you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slow news day today? Must be if you 2 are bickering like little girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was in the news days ago. Cheers for the update though.

Any idea what Rojo's niece is up to these days? How about Chris Smalling's old grandad?

Sorry, I just saw it as breaking news on Sky Sports News, if others knew about it before, then fair enough.

And I don't have a clue what any of the other people you mention are up to, or have ever been up to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A tad harsh no? :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I don't have a clue what any of the other people you mention are up to, or have ever been up to.

I'm actually a tad surprised by that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually a tad surprised by that.

Fair enough.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    A tad harsh no? :blush:

Reminds me of my two grandaughters when they are at it hammer and tong, or their dog with a bone. :o;-)
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    A tad harsh on little girls maybe.
  • Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im not bickering at all, I asked a perfectly valid question and two days later its still a struggle to get any form of coherent answer.

Im sure as a Manchester United fan you have considered what valuation you would put on David De Gea? Im sure that when you were thinking about it, even briefly, you factored in the fact that he is in the last year of his contract when you did so? Would I be right?

Thats all I tried to establish as I was interested in what value fans would place on the player given his circumstances. I can't be responsible for the replies I got Im afraid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not bickering at all, I asked a perfectly valid question and two days later its still a struggle to get any form of coherent answer.

Im sure as a Manchester United fan you have considered what valuation you would put on David De Gea? Im sure that when you were thinking about it, even briefly, you factored in the fact that he is in the last year of his contract when you did so? Would I be right?

Thats all I tried to establish as I was interested in what value fans would place on the player given his circumstances. I can't be responsible for the replies I got Im afraid.

I was not bickering either, I gave perfectly valid answers all the way throughout this conversation with you.

I am not responsible for your replies, just as you are not responsible for my replies.
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    A tad harsh on little girls maybe.

:D:D:D It's difficult to come in here during the season but it's worse now without any matches to distract.

Anyway, if the news about us putting a bid in for Muller is true, it's the ebst news I've heard since Depay signed. Yes, we had no hope of prising him away from Munich but that is exactly the top-class, prime-age player we should be going for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My opinion is we should push to get a record transfer fee for a Goalkeeper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add Ilkay Gundogan to the not signing for United pile he has extended his contract with Borussia Dortmund.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Add Ilkay Gundogan to the not signing for United pile he has extended his contract with Borussia Dortmund.

There were rumours that we were involved in trying to sign him but then Barca were also apparently interested, however with another potential club on the scene there were more demands from him or agent and Utd got cold feet.

A little like the Clyne rumours that he or his agent were getting greedy and we dropped our interest.

Maybe we are playing hardball when it comes to getting mugged off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doh!

Ahh well, hopefully we get someone else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a Batdude special here, as it's hardly big news, but youngster Janko has moved to Celtic.

The SPL will make a man of him!
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a Batdude special here, as it's hardly big news, but youngster Janko has moved to Celtic.

The SPL will make a man of him!

He looks more man than boy already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to him there, he will do well with more first team opportunities.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey Batdude, you have posted on here today more then everyone else put together, you could have been out in the sun enjoying yourself, instead of plonking yourself in front of your computer all day.

Late stories from the papers.

The Sun

Ashley Young has agreed a new three-year Manchester United contract.

The club will announce the deal this week to recognise Young's best season at United.

He will remain on £120,00 a week but his terms will be improved with bonuses for trophies and games played.

Young, 30, next week, joined United in 2011 from Aston Villa for £20million on a five-year-deal.

The winger started more league games in 2012-15 then in his previous three seasons and has now made 115 appearances for the club scoring 13 goals.
  • Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite happy that the Gundogan deal didn't go through in the end. He is a good player but it would've been a risky transfer with his history of injuries and he seems like a bit of a mercenary anyway.

Schneiderlin, or even Schweinsteiger, would represent better business.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was outside with my nexus, that is usually what I use to post on here, although I did have to come indoors for a time as it was just far too hot for me to stay outside all of the time!

It would have been better if there was a bit of gusty breeze to go along with the heat.
  • Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was outside with my nexus, that is usually what I use to post on here, although I did have to come indoors for a time as it was just far too hot for me to stay outside all of the time!

It would have been better if there was a bit of gusty breeze to go along with the heat.

#coolstorybro
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #coolstorybro

#thanksforthatbro
This discussion has been closed.